Home The Bridge
Options

What your longest gauntlet streak without any merit refresh?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Did 17 without a merit fresher this am.

Honestly it is hard for me to believe that...
    If you can, then it must be only certain number users got screwed up.
    Just now at rank 40, I could only do 4 streak before I got opponents without matching good trait (and I need to refresh).

STT has a built in video recorder.
    Can people upload their video showing that in top50 or maybe top30 that they can do 6+ streaks?
    I'm interested to see that

If you time your gauntlet join right then you can usually hit fairly weak opponents to start with.
    After streaks like that i usually don't go above 6 for the rest of the gauntlet.

Where is this supposed built in video recorder?

I am only interested when you are in the top 50 and exclude the first 8hr.
    The recorder is in one on the menu top right. Click that and choose video.

What exactly is the point of this?

Is the ask for longest steak without merits and without a natural refresh. That would make sense and be relatively easy if you want video proof. It also would let people still maintain some semblance of proper strategy in the gauntlet. I haven’t seen the natural refresh part disallowed so that isn’t the ask.

If natural refreshes are allowsed, now you need people to video multiple consecutive rounds of gauntlet with refreshes in between (I can’t imagine many people going to this trouble to satisfy this request). This deviates from proper strategy as merit refreshes are sometimes a net positive of done correctly, and intentionally losing a round to get a refresh is also correct sometimes. You’ll just have to do 4-5 matches a time and the wait for a natural refresh. I could easily see someone getting 20+ streak this way with enough attempts. The you’ll probably ask for proof of why their merit count changed between rounds when all the person probably did was complete a daily task or buy some shuttle tokens.
  • Options
    3-6
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Did 17 without a merit fresher this am.

Honestly it is hard for me to believe that...
    If you can, then it must be only certain number users got screwed up.
    Just now at rank 40, I could only do 4 streak before I got opponents without matching good trait (and I need to refresh).

STT has a built in video recorder.
    Can people upload their video showing that in top50 or maybe top30 that they can do 6+ streaks?
    I'm interested to see that

If you time your gauntlet join right then you can usually hit fairly weak opponents to start with.
    After streaks like that i usually don't go above 6 for the rest of the gauntlet.

Where is this supposed built in video recorder?

I am only interested when you are in the top 50 and exclude the first 8hr.
    The recorder is in one on the menu top right. Click that and choose video.

Is the ask for longest steak without merits and without a natural refresh. That would make sense and be relatively easy if you want video proof. It also would let people still maintain some semblance of proper strategy in the gauntlet. I haven’t seen the natural refresh part disallowed so that isn’t the ask.

If natural refreshes are allowsed, now you need people to video multiple consecutive rounds of gauntlet with refreshes in between (I can’t imagine many people going to this trouble to satisfy this request). This deviates from proper strategy as merit refreshes are sometimes a net positive of done correctly, and intentionally losing a round to get a refresh is also correct sometimes. You’ll just have to do 4-5 matches a time and the wait for a natural refresh. I could easily see someone getting 20+ streak this way with enough attempts. The you’ll probably ask for proof of why their merit count changed between rounds when all the person probably did was complete a daily task or buy some shuttle tokens.

how about if you have all 5 crews at full power, and your rank is top 50 or higher, how many winning streaks can you get without any merit refresh?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    6??? I can do more than that and below is the proof
    In my first play alone I go for 15. Beyond that depends on the crit bonus of the guantlet. I hate high crit bonus gauntlets because they are too RNG. Beyond that the second pull no merit I go for high 20's - if I hit a full 15 the second round I am pleased. From there I know I will use merits.

When I saw your scale, it was obvious you play the mini game below par. My proof (and no I won't share the strategy) is seen when I beat you at the top slot or two each time Name: [SSR] Malcolm Reynolds.

One strategy tip is there is a certain handful of toons to be used. Plenty threads here reveal that.

P.s.

Saw the post above, and I too am sitting around low 20k merits. Thats after burning 15k merits in the rewards mid last week so I could finally get my overpriced Beverly Picard!
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I use the gauntlet to obtain merits, been playing a year this month and have not gotten Guinan, and I don't expect to get the Caretaker either.
  • Options
    3-6
    DRT wrote: »
    In my first play alone I go for 15. Beyond that depends on the crit bonus of the guantlet. I hate high crit bonus gauntlets because they are too RNG. Beyond that the second pull no merit I go for high 20's - if I hit a full 15 the second round I am pleased. From there I know I will use merits.

When I saw your scale, it was obvious you play the mini game below par. My proof (and no I won't share the strategy) is seen when I beat you at the top slot or two each time Name: [SSR] Malcolm Reynolds.

One strategy tip is there is a certain handful of toons to be used. Plenty threads here reveal that.

P.s.

Saw the post above, and I too am sitting around low 20k merits. Thats after burning 15k merits in the rewards mid last week so I could finally get my overpriced Beverly Picard!

I am not sure what kind of strategy needed in gauntlet:
    1. Unbelievable crits from defender
    2. Still lose even when your stats higher
    3. Still lose even when you have 2 traits vs 1 trait
    4. Walls of same characters
    5. Gauntlet rounds give you opponents that don’t have skill match
    6. Etc etc

The best thing is to show actual video showing this can be done consistently
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I dont know about merits, but i do know that the best streak i got without using dil was the full 25
    k2mb6nkrj2lk.png
    d0felqojpzdh.png
    And as i recall it only took less than 10 merit refreshes too but that was a month ago so dont quote me

The “full” 25?

This is my current streak. I’ve admittedly used merits a couple of times but no dil mtpdmls3kymk.png

Edit: oh I understand now - without waiting for player refresh. Good going!
  • Options
    3-6
    guys, the poll is only for streak without merit refresh... :wink:

so far 70% claimed they could do more than 6. but I would like to see real proof like video to show this
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    1. Ya those p/o me too, but just yesterday saw a defender pull a 436 point regular shot followed by a 454 critted shot lulz
    2. If your choices are right, wont happen.
    3. Again as in number 2, but I hope your paying attention to the 'wounded' numbers.
    4. That is a given, anyone that understands the mini game is going to max load.
    5. Hmmmmmm, plead the fifth
    6. If the etc. bothers you, dont bother with the mini game!!

Was coming back to post my 1st round of the day with a nice sixteen run, but not going to bother now. Plenty of others here and I doubt you would buy it anyhow. BTW I CHOSE to stop this round at sixteen, because the next choice was a maybe 50/50 chance to win. If I wait for refresh its a 100% chance. Go Figure. BTW I will share this much, plenty of dice statistic calculators on the web you could easily use to know good choice/bad choice.
  • Options
    3-6
    We could argue about stats, good choice/bad choice as we have been for the past N months

But we all know there is no magic, there is no trick, there is no much strategy in gauntlet.

Steps to play Gauntlet:
    1. You get 5 full fresh crews
    2. Each round you get 5 opponents.
    3. You pick the opponent you have the highest chance to win and tap the fight button.

So this question is very simple guys: You have all 5 crews at full power, and your rank is top 50 or higher, how many winning streaks can you get without any merit refresh?

Show us with video to convince us!
  • Options
    3-6
    Still waiting for any kind masters to show us If this can be done at all
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Good question.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

Several people here, myself included, have already confirmed it's possible. If you don't believe us, we don't care.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Um. Who is "us"? I see a vast majority of people who say it's possible, and happens all the time, and then I see you dismissing everyone else and saying it doesn't count without video proof.

At this point, it's not worth our time to record a video. You'll just use a different excuse to dismiss it.
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    6 is expected here on the Secret Journey...My first merit shuffle is usually around 12 or so...easy 20 with merits. Never dil, DB ain’t worth that
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did 7 with no merit or dilithium refill. I stopped so I can continue the streak in four hours. That took me from 32nd place to 3rd. I'll likely end the gauntlet in the low teens, which is where I like to end it for best rewards.
    gpub25e3s36f.jpg
  • Options
    3-6
    No obligation to answer/read the thread if you don’t want to or feel there is no point.

People also might have vote with the wrong answer

So:
    You have all 5 crews at full power, and your rank is top 50 or higher, how many winning streaks can you get without any merit refresh?

Video or videos would be very convincing.