Home The Bridge
Options

What has been the best STT Mega-Event thus far?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg (Process of Assimilation)
    The Borg event was the most fun, and I think the most well-conceived. Maybe someday I'll get Assimilated La Forge to complete the set.

Mirror was also fun, being the first event I managed to get a (non-recurring) character immortalized (Troi, thanks to Picardgate).
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was a tossup between Borg and Mirror; after consideration some of the artwork in Mirror made the difference.

Borg lived up to the hype, loved the characters, loved the story. The inclusion of the expedition hybrid was a much needed component most of the megas lacked (and the whole concept of airborne nanoprobes is frightening).

Don't want to discount Mirror. Many much requested characters, though many others still remain to be included. Don't mind the non-canon TNG and VOY characters; it really needed to be explored. I recently got the Mirror Broken comic. It was very good; the artwork steller. The Mirror Data from STT really doesn't live up to the depiction in the comic. Would not mind it at all if Mirrors Riker, Wesley, Barclay, Guanin and Brahms make their way into STT, especially if the art is closer to Mirror Troi than Mirror Data.
  • Options
    The first mega event seemed really well put together and thought, out and was fresh and exciting with great crew.

They now seem like half-**tsk tsk**$ copy/paste jobs.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Mirror (Smoke and Mirrors)
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Is it possible that a lot of the love being shown towards the Borg and Mirror events is because the free Legendary was somewhat iconic. Even though Surak is an icon of sorts, he definitely has a lower profile amongst casual fans than Picard and the Borg Queen. Perhaps Beverly Picard should have been the event Legendary and Surak should have been in the Honor store?

The recurring Legendary for the Vulcan/Romulan event should have been Spock. I think that the recurring Legendary should be a special character, somebody LEGENDARY and exciting for fans. While Surak is important in universe, for Star Trek fans, there is no more important Vulcan than Spock.

Similarly, I was disappointed with Kortar as the recurring Legendary for the Klingon event. Kortar is an important figure in Klingon Mythology in universe, but to fans, he's a somewhat obscure character. Not very exciting. I would have much preferred a new Martok, Worf, Chancellor Gorkon, or even a new Gowron or Kor.

I voted for the Mirror event. I don't usually like seeing non-canon crew added to the game, but Mirror Picard has pretty cool art, and it was fun getting a new Picard as the recurring Legendary. I hope we get more characters like this as recurring Legendaries in the future.
  • Options
    If I could do any mega event again, it would be the Borg.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I picked the Borg mostly because the feeling was fresh. It also helps that my 5* roster was weak at the time. I think BQ was only my second 4/5* and my fourth 3/5*. There was also an additional level of challenge to the event since I hadn't completed the leveling on my roster at the time and crew management was harder.

Disco 1 was probably the worst. It wasn't horrible to play but the crew were fairly weak. I have a COM/SEC Voyage out right now. 4/5* T'Kuvma isn't on it. Most of them don't do anything. The only thing they've done was give me an advantage for Disco Mega 2.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romulan had the most potential. It should be the best ever.

Imagine this.

Mega event crew Surak
    First event same - Koolinar Spock, Amanda Grayson, Katra McCoy
    Second event - Vreenak, Keras, T'Pau
    Thrid event - Koval, Valdore, Donatra
    Foruth event - Kir'shara Archer, Weeding T'Pol, V'Lass

This is honestly the Romulan/Vulcan event we needed, although I'd probably replace V'Las with Tallera or T'Pel. V'Las works though though.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg was just so well hyped and anticipated that it just felt awesome throughout (other than trying to farm all those Borg components - but even that sort of felt "mega" in that I'd never experienced such a unrelenting and crushing shortfall of components.) Queen is, of course, a great addition, and remains an in-game powerhouse.

I would add that while I, like many others, have been somewhat underwhelmed by a few of the chosen mega-5* (Kortar, T'Kuvma), I have nevertheless found all the mega crew to be quite usable in the game. Yes, even T'Kuvma, who remains an effective shuttle passenger for me while his fellow megas are cruising the galaxy on voyages.

After Borg, my next was Mirror, in spite of some of the artistic "flaws". I had made it a point for several months to specifically collect mirror crew in anticipation of an eventual Mirror mega, so when it was finally announced, I was happily well-prepared.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't play dring the Borg or Klingon mega, so I chose the Mirror Mega. Lots of useful crew in that one.
  • Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    Borg Queen put the first Mega over the top for me.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    Borg Queen put the first Mega over the top for me.

True, we had been asking for her for about two years at that point.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have enjoyed the Borg event more if I had been more than level 30-something at the time and achieved more than minimal rewards. I am looking forward to this fall/winter Mega, hoping DB steps up for some real changes to make it great.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I voted the Borg but I really liked all of them... with the exception of the first Discovery event because I still think there was something wrong/fishy/funky with the scoring/VP going on.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Borg. 'Cos it was new and better prepped. Then it's been a steady downhill march. I do think the Mirror one would have been an exception and uptick if it weren't for the stupendous amount of bugs, PR fails, and art fails.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine this.

Mega event crew Surak

My only issue with this is the amount of new characters. I strongly prefer there to be an old character in every event. So having Sela, Tomalak and Romulan Kirk in there instead of some of the new 4*s would have been great.

Perhaps even a Legendary version of Saavik. I know in the novel adaptation of WoK it stated that she is half Vulcan/half Romulan.
  • Options
    A buff Picard, a smokin' hot Troi, and @Lady Gaghgagh, I mean Crusher. Need I say more?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I were around for the Borg event, it looked like much more fun than recent ones. I liked the Mirror Mega Event the most from the ones I've purrticipated in.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    A buff Picard, a smokin' hot Troi, and @Lady Gaghgagh, I mean Crusher. Need I say more?

Thanks for recognizing me, DB rather mishandled my PR in that event though. :cry:
  • Options
    Borg. I love Star Trek First Contact. Mirror event would have been more interesting if it weren't for the comic. Nothing against the comic; I'm just new to it.
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Thanks for recognizing me, DB rather mishandled my PR in that event though. :cry:

They made you hard to get too. I tried buy you early on and Adm Nechayev dropped first instead. :(

Now that I finally have you FE everytime you make it on a voyage, I say, " Hey Lady Gaghgagh is on my crew!" I think I've spent too much time on the forums, LOL. :p
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose Borg, but Mirror was great to for personal milestones:

- new concept, was a very refreshing game experience.
    - I cannot remember there being issues during the event (as would plague later mega-events).
    - The roll-out was great, were the information was given at an early stage around the crew who we'd see active during the event.
    - good mix of event types, including one hybrid faction/expedition to round it off.
    - nice mix of old and new crew, and good new crew (though I airlocked most at the time due to crew slot limits).

I enjoyed the Mirror event on a personal level, because I managed to do really well in it ... but it was marred by some issues that took away some of the good feeling I had about it.

The Klingon and first Discovery events were decent too, I really liked the featured crew ... I didn't have many Klingons to level so never had the difficulties regarding that and endlessly farming for the same items. Discovery is the first Star Trek series I've actively watched so liked that I recognised some of the crew.

The other events have been poor to say the least. They have either been marred by issues, or have been really, really boring.
    The current event has been the worst of the lot ... a 5* I do not care for, monotonous event crew I do not care for, issues (shuttle AND slots), poor scheduling, poor information given out, no unique element to it ... I can go on.
  • Options
    If there is another Borg event then might I suggest we get a 5* Assimilated Voyager?
    Weve got the ISS Defiant now, it would be very cool to see other iconic ships being elevated to 5* through a cool depiction from the show.

Assimilated Voyager
    voyager.jpg

Dreadnought Enterprise D
    059117d7634c37f77eabd555d9aa47fb1393903698.jpg

Romulan Valdore (Since D'deridex has no other incarnation)
    latest?cb=20060513173538

And

The Scimitar
    Scimitar_Warbird.png?version=25444b954f9e184393bf82cfe37ded23
  • Options

Imagine this.

Mega event crew Surak

I Agree, The Romulan event had the most potential but it was underwhelming in areas. I really wish Vreenak had a primary SCI trait...considering he was bashing Sisko left and right, I really was suprised he had high DIP rather than a more realistic high SCI or ENG given that he discovered the rod was a faaaake!!!

If they do have another Romulan event we need all those characters you mentioned ESPECIALLY Admiral Valdore & Donatra plus
    Lovok!
    Romulan, Changeling, Undercover Operative :D
    latest?cb=20130217054629
  • Options
    I hope DB pays attention to this poll for future megas :)