Home The Bridge
Options

What has been the best STT Mega-Event thus far?

What has been the best STT Mega-Event thus far? 175 votes

Borg (Process of Assimilation)
64%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Warrior Willouss_bonaventure[7TW] UnkieBsorinevJeanLucKirkPeachtree RexAviTrekAmphistaffCaptain_WhoZ•A•P•P ©™[ISA] Raven[DDF] Marge GundersonCaptain TFSSR BarkleySabine of AthensCaptain DurfCanAus Todd[NDQ] Joker41NAM[GoT] jess-gay 113 votes
Klingon (A Good Day to Lie)
2%
[CAB595] Emrys Myrddin[KF] Kapitan Dobchan[STFL] TheHell2EarthSelene 7Captain Paddy 5 votes
Discovery 1 (A New Anomaly)
4%
dunnaghAntasileXo | RajiJayBeezyBanjo1012captain_yar[GoT] He's dead Jim 7 votes
Mirror (Smoke and Mirrors)
25%
[KM]Videm[DSEF] dax0rZombie Squirrel Captain LostTravis S McClain William T. Riker[QH] He-Who-MeowsGrumpferCommander Sinclair÷ The Eternal Champion~peregrine~(10F)GeekgirlNeemsK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaAmbrosius77MirrorMartiganInquisitor Troi-RikerSST - 9of7IronagedaveThurthorad 44 votes
Discovery 2 (Ghosts of the Past)
1%
Art0riusSiblin 2 votes
Vulcan (All We Become)
2%
XoiikuSvenLundgrenRoland 359TheComedian 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    The poll itself is interesting but the reasons behind your votes are equally so.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was most excited about the new Discovery crew and it was from that mega that I kept the most crew members
  • Options
    I voted Mirror (although Borg and Klingon Mega-Events were good too).

1fnjwoa7amj1.png

Other than Mirror Janeway Artwork / Toons were pretty cool B)
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    I was very underwhelmed with the Vulcan-Romulan event. I appreciate Surak but the rest...meh. I thought Borg had the best overall assortment of crew. I greatly appreciate Megas giving folks a chance at a FF 5*
  • Options
    With all these events, i have never read the shuttle missions/results anymore. who got time to do that when other players busy sending shuttles 24/7?

With the galaxy, tap tap tap....

It would be nice if they actually have a weekly short story (1/2 page single space) released for mega events for people to read.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I've only done 4, Disco was my first mega and I still have 6 crew from that in my regular roster. It was exciting but a bit stressful, and really improved my crew impressively. I also won my first legendary in a Galaxy.

Mirror was great (apart from the glitches) again, 6 new crew that really solidified my base. I loved the twist on well-loved characters.

Andorian was good, I got 6 new crew for the roster, love the Andorians.

Vulcan/Romulan was like, oh is it still going? Lol. I've fused a few existing, and I'll get a couple of new crew and Surak is awesome. I also got my second Katra! On the plus side, I've also saved thousands of chronitons. Brilliant!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I hated leveling so many Borg at the same time, I think I enjoyed that event the most out of those (or maybe it's just far enough in the past that I am looking upon it with nostalgic rose-colored glasses). Mirror mega was fun, too, but getting Borg Queen definitely swayed my vote.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    As much as I hated leveling so many Borg at the same time, I think I enjoyed that event the most out of those (or maybe it's just far enough in the past that I am looking upon it with nostalgic rose-colored glasses). Mirror mega was fun, too, but getting Borg Queen definitely swayed my vote.

Yeah I agree with the Borg Queen. She was an awesome addition to the game

• Options
    Borg had the best crew added, then Klingon. I'm getting the most use out of those. The rest are lost in the crowd. I expect I will freeze most of the Vulcans & Romulans from this event.
  • Options
    Klingon (A Good Day to Lie)
    I really enjoyed the Klingon one, mainly because at that point in time I felt they were under represented so the boost to their numbers was a good thing. In addition as has been mentioned there were a few with good stats as well.
    Cymru am byth
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    I voted for the Borg, the Mirror was a consideration because the quality of new crew we got that month, but I can't vote for it because it was a torturous process with extended events, bugs and the Picard fiasco.

Borg was the first, we got BQ, it was the first time the arena rewards were changed and it dropped really strong crew that are regularly used.
  • Options
    I voted Disc I because it was synchronised with the release of the episodes on Netflix, so each week you´d get one new character you just saw on the Show.

I hated the Mirror one as I really dont like FanFic, the Vulcan one was "meh", too. While the free legendary is great, the whole Event just doesnt feel like "vulcan" (or romulan, for that matter).

The best legendary was the Borg Queen or Cornwell. T´Kuvma probably the weakest of them all.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a positive person and I usually see good things in all the mega-events. I started out as newbie in the middle of the Borg event, so I kind of missed out there. The Klingons were my first real mega-event and I got some of my best starting crew there. Both Klingon and Mirror mega still had an expedition event, and I liked doing those. Mirror event had a few bugs and mistakes, but aside from that it was done quite well. Yes, mirror data didn't look that good and you had to allow for comic characters, but most of the mirror crew was made with great art. Discovery was a good link to the newly launched Discovery series.

All-in-all I liked all the mega-events, including this one. The least liked is the Vulcan-Andorian event, because I think DB squeezed in a few too many Discovery crew there. To compare, there are zero in the current mega. But that event did bring us Cornwell, my best medical crew now and a favorite from the show too.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, the Borg and the Mirror were the best by far. Klingon month was a frustrating mess because of all of the 2* Bloodwine we needed and the fact that some of the faction events were non-KCA. Discovery Month gave a whole load of 2 stat crew after Voyages had been released. Vulcan/Romulan month wasn't bad, but the Romulan fanboys can definitely be annoyed about it. Basically only one Romulan week.

Mirror wins it for me because the artwork was generally good (Mirror Data excepted), and this is the way that I want to see DB use expanded universe concepts, taken from other official sources and not just made up themselves. Borgi may be good, but he's pure DB made up. (And it particularly bothers me when they skew the power of cards to the cards that they know people are going to be most ornery about.)
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the trailer for the Borg event.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started at the tail end of discovery 1 when I didn't know what was what so for me smoke and mirrors was an awesome event and although there was Picardgate I was grateful for the free copy to immortalise him also the crew in general I obtained was a great boon to my roster. Discovery 2 also ranks fairly highly but the romulan event was a bit lack lustre for me.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that a lot of the love being shown towards the Borg and Mirror events is because the free Legendary was somewhat iconic. Even though Surak is an icon of sorts, he definitely has a lower profile amongst casual fans than Picard and the Borg Queen. Perhaps Beverly Picard should have been the event Legendary and Surak should have been in the Honor store?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

1. Pace megas in a quarterly manner - this will allow the players to regain a sense that megas are super special and worth anticipating. By having megas too often, they feel mundane and trite.

Quarterly sounds reasonable
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

1. Pace megas in a quarterly manner - this will allow the players to regain a sense that megas are super special and worth anticipating. By having megas too often, they feel mundane and trite.

Quarterly sounds reasonable

I thought that was how they were originally going to do it. The time between the Borg and Klingon megas was about 3 months, and it was bout 2-1/2, almost three between the Klingon and Discovery mega. Then we had the Mirror one 2 months after the Discovery one and then one month later the Discovery II one and then one month later after that here we are with the Romulan/Vulcan one. In the span of a year, we've had 6 megas, that's averaging a mega every two months, except as I just said, it hasn't been paced out that way. Quarterly is just plain reasonable.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going with the Mirror Mega Event, it's my favorite aspect of Star Trek. We need more canon Mirror Universe!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went with "Smoke & Mirrors". I had been clamoring for such a mega-event ever since "The Process of Assimilation". I'd have preferred it not have been built around the TNG comic characters, but I've made my peace with that. All thirteen Featured Crew were Mirror Universe. Existing Mirror crew were in the thresholds, which made it easy to hit the ground running and fuse up as I went. And there was the introduction of I.S.S. Defiant schematics as an upper threshold reward in "Reflections", which I thought was really cool and I've been hoping to see that little bonus repeated. I'd go all out next week if there were Romulan Bird-of-Prey schematics at the end of the solo thresholds!

My ranking of the megas to date:
    1. "Smoke & Mirrors"
    2. "Discovery: A New Anomaly"
    3. "The Process of Assimilation"
    4. "Ghosts of the Past"
    5. "All We Become"
    6. "A Good Day to Lie"
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, it's no longer a "mega" event when you do them every other month, just like events are no longer special now that they're done every week.

borg queen and borg janeway were at least solid solid stats. borg tuvok also remains a pvp staple. borg laforge is a gauntlet/voyage monster (but still a wtf canon thing)
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    It's a tie between the Borg and Mirror events for me. I'm fascinated by the Borg and welcomed the Queen's inclusion. And, regarding the Mirror event, those are some of my favorite Trek comics so I was quite happy to see some of the characters added.
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Mirror event was great. Lots of great crew from various races and a lot of fun. Events since that have been pretty boring
  • Options
    My vote was for the Borg event - it was new, it was exciting, and we got the Borg Queen.

I really wanted to vote for the Mirror event, because I liked the concept, and I loved some of the crew (looking at you, Troi), but Mirror Data looked ridiculously awful, and the event itself was completely mishandled and riddled with bugs.

Getting another legendary "Klingon" after A Good Day to Lie was a downer, too.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    As much as I loved the inaugural Borg mega, I voted for Mirror because of Picard. I wish that things had gone differently for everyone involved, and I can only hope that DB learned some valuable lessons about running Events during holidaze. 🖖🏻

EDIT: I used the Picardgate 50k Honor to immortalize the Borg Queen, so that is also a factor.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although the Mirror Universe is one of my favorite things about Trek, Smoke and Mirrors was behind the Borg mega because of Picardgate, Bevgate, and some of the worst artwork in the entire game. I enjoyed having more Andorians but having Discovery shoehorned in with them really soured that event for me. And the Klingon event was nice but Kortar as the recurring 5* was a big whiff.

Discovery I and the Vulcan/“Romulan” events have been my least favorite thus far.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Romulan had the most potential. It should be the best ever.

Imagine this.

Mega event crew Surak
    First event same - Koolinar Spock, Amanda Grayson, Katra McCoy
    Second event - Vreenak, Keras, T'Pau
    Thrid event - Koval, Valdore, Donatra
    Foruth event - Kir'shara Archer, Weeding T'Pol, V'Lass
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted Borg for several reasons:

- good hype & felt fresh
    - solid recurring 5* that was iconic and had 3 skills
    - decent plot each event and woven throughout
    - good crew (though I prefer all crew to be cannon)

Klingon - good mega, still fresh, questionable choice for recurring

Discovery 1 - the show grew on me, but the mega felt rushed and disjointed (like CBC was calling the shots each week), and it was a terrible recurring crew (small role in the show, weak, redundant 2 skills)

Mirror - too quick for another mega, hated the addition of comic book crew, artwork was terrible, event had too many glitches and hiccups

Discovery 2 - recurring crew would have been great for an inaugural Discovery mega event, but the inclusion of so many Discovery crew in a Vulcan/Andorian event was questionable from the start; felt like another ill-conceived event that was rushed to force more Discovery crew into the game before the end of season 1

Vulcan/Romulan - good story, good recurring 5*, liked the inclusion of so many existing crew, but still feels underwhelming and repetitive

--

I agree that mega events should be no more than 4x each year, or possibly even just 3x each year (every 4 months). They should feel more special, more thought out, and less repetitive. They should also come with at least 5 free crew slots.