Home The Bridge
Options

Upcoming 100th Event (5/10/18)

I dunno if anyone else noticed or even cares, but the event that will begin in two weeks (10 May) will be the 100th overall. Thought it might be fun to look back. What was your first event? What were your favorites?

My first was the second overall, "The Trouble with Klingons". I started playing three days into it. I ended with a respectable #95445 rank. :lol: Some of my faves:

"The Big Sting" (Gangster Kirk, Anastasia Komananov, and Detective Dixon Hill ensnared in a heist)
"Fast As Light" (Honey Bare Jadzia and Duchamps from "Our Man Bashir" with Buster Kincaid Kim)
"The Galactic Series" - (Baseball!)
"The Game's Afoot" 1 & 2 (TNG Holmes)
"Holograms Are Forever" (DS9/Bond-ian theme)
"The Second Battle of New York" 1 & 2 (WWII)

"Holograms Are Forever" still has my favorite promo art of any event:

m7dc6pr78kxj.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first event was The Isthmian Games, where I finished 53,694. My second event was The Captain's Oath the following week, where I saw a vast improvement to 15,016.

A memorable event for me was The Heart of the Empire, event 3/4 of the Klingon mega event, which saw me finish top-1000 for the first time. I thought that was pretty good for my 25th event.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first event was Quadrilateral. It was an expedition so I guess I jumped in at a time when scoring decent in an event was decent for new guys. My most memorable event was the Lorca event. That was the first event where I went all out for a first place finish. Ended up 8th but still very much considered that a victory
  • Options
    My first event was the first run of Prime Directive. Took me a while to figure out what was going on as i recall.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    They came from the holodeck!

(I have participated in every event)
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember my first event, but the first time I ever made the first 4* threshold was "The Isthmian Games". I was so happy to earn my first 4*!
    Little did I know that Prospero Data wouldn't be available for more copies through portals for another year. Still sitting at 1/4. :p
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    My first event was Quadrilateral 2. I was pretty confused about how events worked at the time (especially because this one was Expedition). I think that I just managed to get a 3* Chief Engineer La Forge from the Threshold, and not much else.
    Most memorable? Maybe Reflections, the third event in the Mirror Mega. We got those extra Event tickets and I tried HARD for Mirror Dr. Crusher. I didn't quite make it, but spending Christmas Eve pounding away at those Expidition tickets was sure memorable!

Favorite, maybe Guiding Principles for Commander Kira or Guilty As Charged for Zhian'tara Odo (I bought pack offers to get both of them).
    Opening up four Event packs last week and getting three Vreenaks was also pretty fun, not to mention getting to use my Immortalized Admiral Kirk, and 2 starred Kal-if-fee Kirk and Mirror Kirk in the shuttles.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first event was the first run of Prime Directive. Took me a while to figure out what was going on as i recall.

We're still trying to figure out what was going on with "The Prime Directive". That event truly was cursed.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    V. wrote: »

Same here. I still have my Doctor Chaotica at 1*/5*.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Genesis Wave 2 was running when I started playing (or at least, started properly - I had a go at the game I-don't-know-when before that, but only for a day and then I forgot all about it until someone mentioned it in passing later and I looked it up and found out I already had an account (with a huge stock of chrons which must've just built up from sorrytons auto-claiming themselves or whatever in the meantime) - but The Falcon Falls was the first I actually tried my hand at. Didn't go well, since I had two shuttles with rubbish crew, and then when it flipped to galaxy I spent half my meager chrons building like one item, got 10 points for it, didn't realise the values would increase, figured I was never going to get anywhere 10 points at a time, and just went back to working my way through the regular missions.

Favourite I think was Guiding Principles, because I adore Kira and especially her season seven hairstyle. Still didn't have much of a shuttle crew then, but I was up at 2 in the morning for the flip from faction to galaxy, and finally dragged myself off to bed at 4am after pouring 3000 chrons in to make darn sure I got her. (Which wasn't strictly necessary, since I blew all my dilithium on event packs as soon as they were available and got her that way, plus the double-up offer, but hey, third star - I wanted her immortal from the start, and finished her off in the end with citations.)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. I still have my Doctor Chaotica at 1*/5*.

And here. I didn’t rank all that highly (if memory serves, because the records in-game don’t go that far back) but I must have gotten a Queen Arachnia from a pack because she is one of my oldest legendaries, along with Abe Lincoln.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first event was Alpha and Omega. I remember absolutely none of it, other than clicking on "what is this button for" that put me into the event.

I know I got my first 4* from it – Maquis Ro. She has been sitting at 1/4* ever since due to bad luck, then just last week I got a second * for her from a voyage. I finished 27012 (according to the game), and being a "shuttle event", I probably only had 2 at the time.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started first day of have launch..
    Played every event in some fashion or another.

A celebration gift of something would be a nice but not expected

100,000 honor
    Top 100 in the event gets top 1 (and all the way down is big boost rewards

100 single premium pulls
    100 credit 10x packs

10 standard 10 shuttle packs

How many months has the game been active ?
    1 time purchase offer, $10 for 26 premium 10x portal (a pack for each month)

Something with great value if it's a purchase..
    A really big bang would be great motivation to keep on banging it out for another 25 or 50 events (at which point we can celebrate again)

DB, here is my money.. would you like some ?
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 million credits
    100 SR pulls
    100 crew slots
    100 thousand honour
    100 shuttle packs

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" (or an equivalent fairly priced amount. LOL)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here :smile:
  • Options
    HappyfaceHappyface ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    My first event was convergence day. I remember not understanding anything. Finally joining a fleet, which had only 2 other members who were active, then the 3 of us deciding to leave and make our own fleet :-)
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlikely Heroes: (23076) First event

Ribbon of Joy: (993) First expedition, first top 1000 finish; cemented expedition as my favorite event. AoS Crusher was my first ledgendary. Although I've since immortalized her through citations and a couple lucky beholds, I would like to see this one rerun (and Ribbon of Joy is the oldest expedition that hadn't had a rerun.)

Genesis Wave 2 (1590) First faction event I thought I was competitive in. Real life events prevented me from finishing it in the top 1000 though.

When Giants Walk (811) First faction I got top 1000.

Second Act 2 (1019) Mainly proud to get Cardassian Kira as I missed her the first time around. Was struggling to consistantly hit top 1000 during this period; there were a number of ENG crew I tried to make runs for (Mirror Bashir, Romulan Data, Laborer Spock) but came short. In particular I remember reading a comment on the forum from someone who airlocked Romulan Data he won because he hated the art (why compete then? just for bragging rights? just to keep others from ranking?)

Gates of Hell (729) From this point on, I was able to hit top 1000 in every faction event, except those that I deliberately tanked (I kept every ledgendary I won and passed on those I did not want...hint hint Romulan Data guy) until recently with Father of Logic...I guess Kolinar Spock was popular enough that more people were willing to be competitive and/or rush shuttles.

Streak of Stardust (1144) The first and last time I tried to play a galaxy beyond thresholds, and this one was a hybrid. Thought I was good until the rush in the last two hours. What a waste of chronitons.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Giants Walk, finished 41,042..........finished 91 last week so I have come a looooooong way :smile:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still so upset with myself that I missed the Borg mega event while I was on my hiatus from the game.... ugh
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Perhaps they will celebrate by giving each captain ONE HUNDRED CREW SLOTS!

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    57 events for me. First one was captain’s oath. Did not really understood; ranked 62k Got two captains who I air locked for lack of space. Season of love was real one I understood. Ranked 36k and still have one star on Kai fee Spock. First 1000 finish was three weeks back!
  • Options
    I think I played the last day or two of Trouble with Tribbles, and I know my first full event was Blood and Circuses. So I've only missed entirely one event.

My favourite have probably been the sting, battle from new york, and quadrilaterial (Capt La Forge was one of my first fully fused legendary) and probably the borg mega-event despite the endless polyalloys farming.
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Webberoni wrote: »
    My first event was The Isthmian Games, where I finished 53,694.

Same here, except I finished at 68,875. Considering my best character at the time was probably the 2* Picard (I'd only been playing a couple of days when it came along), I consider that good going lol.gif. Retrograde was a memorable one because of the insane luck I had on the event packs.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    First event was War Interrupted just before I got my first legendary in Convergence Day.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Perhaps they will celebrate by giving each captain ONE HUNDRED CREW SLOTS!

We'll probably just get a free version of the 5*, which will likely be the Burnham counterpart of "Traffic Guard" Sarek. Or the Janeway version, whatever that would be.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It would be nice if the 100th event were an introduction of a new event style. Voyage related would be awesome. I would even be willing to experiment. Like if they said guys, we are trying this. If we get a bug or something goes wrong, we are telling you beforehand that this is a trial event.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first I remember is Merry Men. But looking back at the history I recall Plague of Plagues and getting a pair of Danara Pels, and a Brute Squad seems familiar.

Merry Men is memorable for wtf?! Beowulf cry-baby Kim and the expedition that revealed "this is hopeless, it's going to take forever to get useful and enough crew". But I was bored stupid so learned what it would take to reach the first Epic mission, hated the crap out of never getting the * on missions, and liked the challenge and hated the repetitiveness of the event.

Why am I still here? Well, Picardgate ended my spending and the game has changed in no meaningful way since. So I guess I just spend 5 minutes here and there and maintain relationships with my fleet on Discord, 'cos God knows fleet chat is utter Shite and Ruked beyond hope.
  • Options
    I think my first was the original run of Quadrilateral. I'd only been playing a few days, and could only do the first 2 or 3 missions of the Expedition (at Normal difficulty). Barely knew what I was doing.
  • Options
    I’ve been playing since Day 1*, so I have played all of the events. I finished somewhere in the 600s that first event (It Came From The Holodeck).

*I did get added to the beta test, so on Day 1 I had already played the game for a couple months, though we all started over when it went live.