Home The Bridge
Options

Do you think Moogie should have been a 5*?

TcalTcal ✭✭✭
In the event rerun of Rule 125, DB has added Moogie as a 4* character. Would you be more interested in the event if she was a 5* character on par with Grand Nagus Zek? Chime in below!

Do you think Moogie should have been a 5*? 126 votes

Absolutely Yes!
31%
RabbpbertXoiikuProsserZombie Squirrel V.Jhamel[TUFG] SiguardNad HalFredou[QH] OxmyxJim RaynoreXo | SilverRose (retired)[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerNero84Panda99[10F] Fuzzy Moo[SSR]Trollhammeren·§ë· For the ManyLarxene 40 votes
Well...now that you mention it...
11%
[KM]VidemMagisse[TFA] CeleresIvanstoneLady GaghgaghJim SteeleShakaar÷ The Eternal ChampionDrone_one[Retired] BeamMeUpScottiePenguinJimDavideBooksDirk GundersonCaptain SushiAutomaton_2000 15 votes
No. She is just fine as a 4*
41%
uss_bonaventureizausome[RotP]Ran AirenThe FishCaptainUnderpantsSSR BarkleyCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAM[GoT] jess-gayData1001Captain Sisko [AA] William T. RikerNeos472Althea Biermont[SJ] Admiral AkiIrialAntasilt<G>e  RoonisHassinatorHungry Dog DDM 52 votes
Other/Indifferent (Comment below!)
15%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Captain_WhoSabine of AthensCapt. Chaos[TLA]  84wb[KM] WOLF 35912345678 of 123456789[GoT] TerfinNivenFres[FF] Vice Admiral NairneGib - Admiral MarinersLeadHeadCapt. Pete OwenDarmok campfireSpockyJayne Cobb (aka Kelpien Sushi)wfgIshmael Marx=GBP= Plain Simple Garak 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely Yes!
    Yes but I'll mostly just be happy to get her.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate having the chance to get one of my most requested and desired characters without spending 50$ or devoting my entire weekend without sleep to placing 1200th place and feeling sad after.
  • Options
    XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Yes!
    That said, the 4* version would be acceptable, if and only if, there is a 5* version of Ishka being planned for a future event.
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • Options
    XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Yes!
    Tcal wrote: »
    Dralix wrote: »
    I'm of the odd opinion that a company can make their own business decisions and the customers can vote with their wallets.

True, but that is not the only option to have your voice heard. You can vote with your wallet AND make your voice heard directly. These are not mutually exclusive.

+10,000 :)
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the hell is Moogie? ;)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's enough space in game for a 4 and 5* Moogie.

The more important question is who gets the 5* version? Andrea Martin or Cecily Adams?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The adjective implies more versions are in the future.
  • Options
    XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Absolutely Yes!
    Yateball wrote: »
    I really don't understand the "But Zek was a 5!" arguments.... OK cool, Ishka isn't Zek. Zek was long time Nagus.... if anything, him being a 5 and Ishka being a 4 makes perfect sense
    Durring Ishka's story arc in DS9 it is revealed that at a certain point she had become the power behind the throne of the Grand Nagus, and every bit of Zek's equal. Or his better, considering she is more socially progressive and less caught in archaic and discriminatory traditions which have prevented roughly half of Ferengi culture from contributing toward it's advancement and profit.
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I think there's enough space in game for a 4 and 5* Moogie.
    Agreed.
    The adjective implies more versions are in the future.
    I think this is likely and hopefully the case. :smile:
    That said, the 4* version would be acceptable, if and only if, there is a 5* version of Ishka being planned for a future event.
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    When was the last time we had a 5* as existing crew? i'd say take it, else we'll always be fighting the endless inflation of crew slots
  • Options
    P-RexP-Rex ✭✭
    I don't see why she should automatically be 5* just because zek is. Anyone with Captain Nog is going to be happy. I'd be happy enough to leave it at that.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    If she was a 5* then I would never obtain her. 4* is just fine by me.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we'll see more versions of her, and most likely a 5-star in the future. And we should totally have more versions of Keiko, including a 5-star Pah Wraith version.
  • Options
    I am down with her being a 4*. I don’t think we need to have reruns with two 5* characters.

On a side note, I personally despise the Ferengi centric episodes on DS9. They are the worst. Ugh.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    I think we'll see more versions of her, and most likely a 5-star in the future. And we should totally have more versions of Keiko, including a 5-star Pah Wraith version.
    We need tng keiko and not ds9 keiko. On TNG she was thoughtful and kind, on DS9 the writers made her mean and unhappy. I hate how they changed her character into mainly just the one-dimensional foil of Miles.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishka should be both a 4* now and another version a 5* later.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be grumpy if we don’t get a 5* later but I suppose I’m okay with this for now.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Yes!
    I think she would have been worf a gold, however ... her title is "Proffittable" Ishka ... so there might be another Ishka variant in the future as 5*, who knows.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    There likely will be more .. we've gotten 2 Q's from 1 episode, she was in.. at least 5 that I can remember off the top of my head..

Don't worry, there will be more Ishkas then Archers Soon. Lol
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    She certainly has some status in the series, but no need to make her legendary. Also, this way more people can acquire an Ishka!
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm of the odd opinion that a company can make their own business decisions and the customers can vote with their wallets.

That seems like a pretty stupid approach. Good businesses elicit customer preferences before bringing a product to market.

Businesses are also not just answerable to their customers. There are usually many stakeholders in any enterprise. In this case, as trivial as it may be I can think of at least 4, licence holder, shareholders, management and customers.

There may also be debt holders, or other legal relationships that constrain a company, including a healthy regulatory environment.

The idea that a business owner should be some sort of medieval prince doing what they please is thankfully a compete myth.

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    That seems like a pretty stupid approach. Good businesses elicit customer preferences before bringing a product to market.

Businesses are also not just answerable to their customers. There are usually many stakeholders in any enterprise. In this case, as trivial as it may be I can think of at least 4, licence holder, shareholders, management and customers.

There may also be debt holders, or other legal relationships that constrain a company, including a healthy regulatory environment.

The idea that a business owner should be some sort of medieval prince doing what they please is thankfully a compete myth.

All of which has nothing to do with my point.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »

All of which has nothing to do with my point.

What was your point then?
  • Options
    I think 4* is more than enough for her. Most Ferengi episodes are simply too goofy to acknowledge. I don't have anything against Ferengi characters, just the writers. Too much childish comedy that got worse with time. I'm sure others like them just for that reason.
  • Options
    I am 0% concerned about this. I fully expect for another version of Moogie to come out at some point that would be a 5*.

There are specific versions of characters that need to be legendary. TWOK Spock, Captain Riker, (Best of Both Worlds) Commodore Matt Decker are examples. One version of Moogie being a 4, is not a wory.