Home The Bridge

Kudos on the Prescient Event.

edited April 2018 in The Bridge
Playing this event, the last in this mega, I can't help but think of real life events on the Korean peninsula - one people, separated by a war longing for some kind of reunification, tentative steps being taken despite wariness on both sides.

This event must have been planned before the Winter Olympics. Then it seemed all out war was just around the corner and Chairman Kim and President Trump seemed at their most goading towards one another. So kudos to DB for their accidental prescience. It's been nice thinking about peace, love and understanding amongst all peoples whilst clicking buttons.

Let's just hope the event doesn't end with the Rommies going nuclear.

Comments

• I agree. DB should be proud of itself with the timing on this one and the undertones next to real life events. Star Trek is about making us think deeper about our own lives and not just these fictional characters’.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. DB should be proud of itself with the timing on this one and the undertones next to real life events. Star Trek is about making us think deeper about our own lives and not just these fictional characters’.

Yes but...it was all coincidental :p
    DB didn't plan for the event to coincide for the possible reunification of Korea.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. DB should be proud of itself with the timing on this one and the undertones next to real life events. Star Trek is about making us think deeper about our own lives and not just these fictional characters’.

DB didn't plan for the event to coincide for the possible reunification of Korea.

Or DID they...? O_O
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭

Or DID they...? O_O

Weird things happen involving Korea and gaming. I was in an RPG once where one of the players made up this batsh*t plot to assassinate Kim Jong-il. He died in real life less than a week later.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...is expecting a visit from Lucsly and Dulmur from Temporal Investigations,,,,,,
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Or DID they...? O_O

Weird things happen involving Korea and gaming. I was in an RPG once where one of the players made up this batsh*t plot to assassinate Kim Jong-il. He died in real life less than a week later.

Just to clarify, was it that the player made up the plot shortly before Kim died, or did the player die shortly after making up the plot but before Kim died?
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭

Or DID they...? O_O

Just to clarify, was it that the player made up the plot shortly before Kim died, or did the player die shortly after making up the plot but before Kim died?

The former.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This may be the oddest thread we've ever had.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    This may be the oddest thread we've ever had.

Ha! Agreed
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Well as a political scientist, I can tell you that the idea of them "reunifying" is beyond fantasy. At this point peaceful coexistence and the promise of aid to the North Korean people would be an excellent outcome.

The problem here is all that brainwashing. Reality is going to hit those poor people like a ton of bricks.