Home The Bridge
Options

Any DB personal working this weekend?

There is a thread in engineering that event characters not functioning correctly, it's been there since the phase shift and no response and no repair.

Please respond to either thread

Comments

• Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bueller....Bueller....
  • Options
    Maybe we should have events during the week instead of on weekends.... I would prefer that.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone doesn’t even have to be in the office. If I can read the forum on my phone, so can they. It wouldn’t be asking to much for someone to just check up on the forum and the game a time or two over the weekend
  • Options
    I'm sure at least one of the developers know but they haven't pressed a forum rep to post a response.

I have to assume if they didn't fix it within a few hours of the phase change it'll be too disruptive to change after a certain point; the reasoning being it affects everyone equally (to a generalized extent).

I'm expect a general apology with 1000 chrons or maybe a followup mistake by awarding a 5th Surak...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I'm sure at least one of the developers know but they haven't pressed a forum rep to post a response.

I have to assume if they didn't fix it within a few hours of the phase change it'll be too disruptive to change after a certain point; the reasoning being it affects everyone equally (to a generalized extent).

I'm expect a general apology with 1000 chrons or maybe a followup mistake by awarding a 5th Surak...

As I said in the engineering post, it may be affecting everyone equally, but I paid $25 for that 5th star where others may have kept him at 4 stars. A copy of Surak is no compensation. 50k honor will do as the purchase I made was for a star on a legendary.

• Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

As I said in the engineering post, it may be affecting everyone equally, but I paid $25 for that 5th star where others may have kept him at 4 stars. A copy of Surak is no compensation. 50k honor will do as the purchase I made was for a star on a legendary.

That why the called it a follow up mistake.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I do question the logic behind being compensated 50k in honor or another Surak and I do question the reasons behind why you are asking for compensation in this manner....

Firstly did you buy the fifth star solely for this galaxy event or did you purchase the DYC as soon as you got the first copy of Surak?

If it was the former then I would question your purchasing tactics, but that aside if everyone else is affected in the same way it would not make much difference to your ranking as everyone would be exeperiencing the same results - the only thing that can be compensated would be increasing your VP points by 20-30% - (however this would be across the board for everyone)

If it was for the latter then you have got full (intended) use (probably saved some decent amount of chrons with taking him to level 50 too) of having Surak and his bonus at a higher rate in each subsequent event. That coupled with the above - there would be no grounds for compensation.

You also have a high level immortal who each star step has probably been also pulling his weight in voyages between builds and events no doubt as well.

The only compensation I would envisage is Chrons for struggling to get VPs and VP tiers - if we combine this with the Faction Shuttle kerfuffle as well then Merits and perhaps 20-30% increase VP to your tally for every player would be ample compensation, however the latter may not be necessary unless people have experienced severe difficulty reaching thresholds.

EDIT
    In fact on further contemplation adding the 5th star on Surak would have you in a better position than others who may not have got all Surak's or been able to purchase a Surak, because the last fusion jump in base stats is always significantly higher as well.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's safe to say that if they opt for compensation, it won't be a Surak. I know some people on here feel like DB never learns from its mistakes, but I'm pretty sure this place exploded enough back in January that they won't make that one again.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably the most glaring issue with Hybrid events. Problems at the beginning of Phase 1 are caught on a Thursday. Phase 2 falls in this no man's land.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    This has happened before and no compensation has been given. It does affect everyone and even people like myself who has a 5* Surak still get an advantage. In the end the bigger advantage comes from people who have all of the event crew during Mega Events as it decreases the benefit of Surak.
  • Options
    I do question the logic behind being compensated 50k in honor or another Surak and I do question the reasons behind why you are asking for compensation in this manner....

Firstly did you buy the fifth star solely for this galaxy event or did you purchase the DYC as soon as you got the first copy of Surak?

If it was the former then I would question your purchasing tactics, but that aside if everyone else is affected in the same way it would not make much difference to your ranking as everyone would be exeperiencing the same results - the only thing that can be compensated would be increasing your VP points by 20-30% - (however this would be across the board for everyone)

If it was for the latter then you have got full (intended) use (probably saved some decent amount of chrons with taking him to level 50 too) of having Surak and his bonus at a higher rate in each subsequent event. That coupled with the above - there would be no grounds for compensation.

You also have a high level immortal who each star step has probably been also pulling his weight in voyages between builds and events no doubt as well.

The only compensation I would envisage is Chrons for struggling to get VPs and VP tiers - if we combine this with the Faction Shuttle kerfuffle as well then Merits and perhaps 20-30% increase VP to your tally for every player would be ample compensation, however the latter may not be necessary unless people have experienced severe difficulty reaching thresholds.

EDIT
    In fact on further contemplation adding the 5th star on Surak would have you in a better position than others who may not have got all Surak's or been able to purchase a Surak, because the last fusion jump in base stats is always significantly higher as well.

Actually it definitely 100% doesn’t effect everyone equally. If you just started this game and only had maxed Surak as event crew you’re effected waaay more than someone who has all sorts of immortalized Romulans Vulcans and Picards to fall back on. The level you are effected is a direct correlation to your back up event crew. It’s a major screw up. Every one is effected, but just not equally. Please don’t use that line anymore DB. It is just not accurate.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

EDIT

~inappropriate comment snipped It’s about not getting what you paid for. And of course adding the fifth star puts me at a further advantage. Why do you think I bought it?

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan has responded now but it's hilarious that it took that long, I (mostly) skipped the galaxy portion all weekend since what good is my immortal recurring crew not getting the proper bonus. So, So many constant preventable problems
  • Options

Actually it definitely 100% doesn’t effect everyone equally. If you just started this game and only had maxed Surak as event crew you’re effected waaay more than someone who has all sorts of immortalized Romulans Vulcans and Picards to fall back on. The level you are effected is a direct correlation to your back up event crew. It’s a major screw up. Every one is effected, but just not equally. Please don’t use that line anymore DB. It is just not accurate.

Actually I think I already intimated it affects newer players more, particularly the ones that don't many/all the stars on Surak that's the point.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options

. It’s about not getting what you paid for. And of course adding the fifth star puts me at a further advantage. Why do you think I bought it?

You got exactly what you paid for 1 star on Surak and Levels 1-50 equipment, reasoning behind this is your own.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    . It’s about not getting what you paid for. And of course adding the fifth star puts me at a further advantage. Why do you think I bought it?

You got exactly what you paid for 1 star on Surak and Levels 1-50 equipment, reasoning behind this is your own.

This seems like a sales tactic guaranteed to keep players from buying the double your crew offer. I’m fairly sure that DB doesn’t want to do that.

If players feel like they can get most of what they wanted for free later on, why spend money on the game?
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »

This seems like a sales tactic guaranteed to keep players from buying the double your crew offer. I’m fairly sure that DB doesn’t want to do that.

If players feel like they can get most of what they wanted for free later on, why spend money on the game?

Why indeed, thats the reason I have never purchased a DYC, because it just isn't worth it. But point still stands and the OP still has not answered my original question - it's the expectation behind the purchase they want compensation on not the actual item being faulty itself.

Compensation for event failures is fair but this isn't compensating an event issue that's the difference.
  • Options
    Pretty sure DB has made it SOP when there's an issue with the event not giving proper bonus to cards to leave it alone and not make the correction. Unless the event is broken, they typically make no corrective action. This would cause more problems since people would say there was an unfair advantage/disadvantage.

If you feel you have been unfairly hindered in this event, it would probably be better to submit a ticket to CS.
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

Why indeed, thats the reason I have never purchased a DYC, because it just isn't worth it. But point still stands and the OP still has not answered my original question - it's the expectation behind the purchase they want compensation on not the actual item being faulty itself.

Compensation for event failures is fair but this isn't compensating an event issue that's the difference.

It absolutely is an event issue, he is an event character that isn't working as advertised.
    Sold on the premise of his full and powerful functionality in said event, not delivering in that regard by design or error Is selling said item under false pretenses and misrepresenting the terms and characteristics of both the event and items purchased for said event.

If you buy tokens to play at an arcade and they say that buying $10 of Tokens gets you the ability to play 40 games but in actuality you can only play 30, that's misrepresenting the terms if the sale add the vault of there product which is what has happened here.

They said he would have X function but only had Y function. They better hope it's an event bug because if it's not it's fraud.

I chose to believe it's an event bug, because if it were to be anything else, there would be serious consequences and DB cannot be that stupid.

• Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Any DB personal working this weekend?"
    That's a rather personal question, isn't it? ;)
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    the issue effects most people equally, so i doubt they'd hot fix this in the first place.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    edited April 2018

It absolutely is an event issue, he is an event character that isn't working as advertised.
    Sold on the premise of his full and powerful functionality in said event, not delivering in that regard by design or error Is selling said item under false pretenses and misrepresenting the terms and characteristics of both the event and items purchased for said event.

If you buy tokens to play at an arcade and they say that buying $10 of Tokens gets you the ability to play 40 games but in actuality you can only play 30, that's misrepresenting the terms if the sale add the vault of there product which is what has happened here.

They said he would have X function but only had Y function. They better hope it's an event bug because if it's not it's fraud.

I chose to believe it's an event bug, because if it were to be anything else, there would be serious consequences and DB cannot be that stupid.
    Of course buying the 5th Star on Surak doesn't have sas appeal post event? the DYC is intended for that purpose, the event is just a moment in time.

Put it this way in the galaxy event my 4/5 Surak was already hitting the 100% mark on some builds - now you tell me where are the complaints from the people who spent $$$$$$$$$$ and then some that had already maxed him getting the same results my lowly 4 of 5 character is getting.

The point is Surak was working fine all through the events previously, so it is clearly an event bug, and if it is just an issue of receiving x2 instead of x5 then actually the people who have purchased the stars to FF him have actually come off better in this case.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we didn't come out better but in fact worse, if your hitting100% on some builds with Surak at 4/5 then he's even more screwed up then I thought because mine is Immortalized and barely cracks 50% on most and never sees 60.

And yes, done people do get the character specifically for this series of events..

Show of hands, how many people have used their Borg Queen during the Galaxy phase ?

Or the admiral from the last mega event ?

Yeah, they do have life after the event, but it's minimal and happenstance for the most part.

This is what he was built for and he's not functioning correctly this there should be comp
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be affecting us all equally, but Surak was my only levelled event crew, so it took me a ton more chrons to get to threshold, so I don't think it's unfair to ask for chrons at the very least as some sort of recompense.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Maybe we didn't come out better but in fact worse, if your hitting100% on some builds with Surak at 4/5 then he's even more screwed up then I thought because mine is Immortalized and barely cracks 50% on most and never sees 60.

And yes, done people do get the character specifically for this series of events..

Show of hands, how many people have used their Borg Queen during the Galaxy phase ?

Or the admiral from the last mega event ?

Yeah, they do have life after the event, but it's minimal and happenstance for the most part.

This is what he was built for and he's not functioning correctly this there should be comp

I meant in the last event.
    I wouldn't call voyages happenstance.

Like I said I am not adverse to compensation but not in the guise it's being put forward here of asking for honor or rebate on the DYC.

I put a citation on Surak - Do I regret it? No because I had it ready and waiting at the beginning of the mega event and yes there was intention of it helping better in the event but it was more so the intention to have him a)immortal and the bonuses that come with it but b) the usefulness of him in voyages too, and it was the latter that made the most sense to cite him.