Home Engineering Room
Options

MAJOR Squad Issues

Anyone else having major Sarah issues?

Starfleet JAG has had problems for weeks with squad formation. Some fleet members are not being allowed by the same into a squad, or, alternatively, not being allowed to share or use shared crew. DB apparently told them they were working on it then closed the ticket.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    It's been killing me. I haven't been able to use shared crew for months. My fleet chat still thinks Im in a squad I left many weeks ago. I've tried leaving the fleet to rejoin to see if it fixed it, but I get an error when I try to leave. I'm stuck. I filed a ticket a couple months ago and they never figured it out. It's super frustrating.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't dismiss anyone from the fleet, either, @Righteous Spite. I've notified Support. It has not gone well (obviously).
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have fleet/squadron issues that are not resolved please have the fleet/squadron leader reopen a ticket about it.

Be as precise as possible in your description of the symptoms, provide the relevant DBIDs when you have them and do not hesitate to request an escalation as needed.
  • Options
    Ive been super specific and detailed. Im talking to them again, but their response is underwhelming. Theyre asking me things like "who created the squad?" (We dont remember, that was a long time ago), and theyre not even answering or addressing the question about why I get an error when I try to leave the fleet so I can try rejoining.

So so so frustrating! It feels like we're talking to a brick wall. This affects our whole fleet!!

I asked for an "escalation", but then again Im not the fleet admiral so Im not sure it will help.
  • Options
    I an not the leader of the fleet but I've made a really detailed description of our problem with 4 troublesome players, after all, it's better to do it all at once, I hope it would be solved before the starting of the event. I know that at least two of the captains sent tickets, but I don't know how good are they in English, that's why I am doing it for the 4 of them.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    If you have fleet/squadron issues that are not resolved please have the fleet/squadron leader reopen a ticket about it.

Be as precise as possible in your description of the symptoms, provide the relevant DBIDs when you have them and do not hesitate to request an escalation as needed.

@Travis S McClain and I both filed issues for this back in November. That's SIX MONTHS. We've both been very detailed and specific.

I can't use shared crew, and neither can a number of my fleetmates.

I have a phantom chat window for a squad I left months ago and doesn't exist anymore. (And I don't have a chat window for my current squad).

I can't leave my fleet to try to "reset" things. I'm stuck! Travis can't boot and or bring in new members. We're stuck! We've been stuck for MONTHS! MONTHS!

Filing support tickets has done nothing. What else do we do? I'm specific, detailed, and we've all been specific, and detailed. I think the best response we've gotten is something like "we're working on it". Is that really true? Shan, can you ping your product owners / dev teams on this issue, and figure out if they're really looking at it? Because it doesn't seem like it.

You guys are losing money on this. I stopped playing for a few weeks a couple months ago because I got so frustrated waiting for you guys to fix it. (Again, SIX MONTHS!) I used to regularly spend money on the game, but now I'm barely motivated enough to drop the $3.99 for the monthly card. I almost didn't bother. I'm at a competitive disadvantage on all the events because I can't use shared crew; I'm operating at a handicap.

I'm pretty close to just bailing on the whole thing.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we have been working on various fixes for these types of issues.
    Unfortunately the cause eluded us for quite a while and there was no way to really do anything to assist players at the time.

Progress has been made in that regard, and while we do have fixes in place, there will likely also be a need for manual corrections in a lot of cases.

Hence why I recommend to resubmit a ticket.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Yes, we have been working on various fixes for these types of issues.
    Unfortunately the cause eluded us for quite a while and there was no way to really do anything to assist players at the time.

Progress has been made in that regard, and while we do have fixes in place, there will likely also be a need for manual corrections in a lot of cases.

Hence why I recommend to resubmit a ticket.

Its good to hear there has been progress on identifying the issue. Ill continue to pursue my current ticket.
  • Options
    Apparently I can't spell squad 🤣
  • Options
    Apparently I can't spell squad 🤣

Yeah Sarah is a big issue!!! 😍
  • Options
    I am very pleased to report that my issue has been solved! I was able to use a shared crew member for the first time today in many months.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very pleased to report that my issue has been solved! I was able to use a shared crew member for the first time today in many months.

Fantastic, thank you for updating the thread :)