Home The Bridge
Options

What does persistent mean, game wise

What do these mean?

"new persistent story arc that is similar to a distress call "

"Persistent story content"

Like a daily refreshed distress call missions?

?????

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pepex82 wrote: »
    Like a daily refreshed distress call missions?

My definition of persistence in gaming is the exact opposite of refreshed. Like the real world, a persistent gaming world keeps turning even if you aren't logged on. So I would say it's story content that changes globally, based on all player actions.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

I am just guessing, but think of the Distress Call section(s) on the galaxy map. Once you complete a section, it might reset with new distress calls, thus giving us perpetually "open" missions to complete.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I am just guessing, but think of the Distress Call section(s) on the galaxy map. Once you complete a section, it might reset with new distress calls, thus giving us perpetually "open" missions to complete.

This would be a very significant development I would love to see happen. It would be great if this game actually had gameplay.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    nah I think it's a new mission series (I guess not numbered) that remains permanently.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Pepex82Pepex82 ✭✭
    So a new distress call?

are the current chapters considered "Persistent story content"?
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means CBS has told DB that the next content needs to be a distress call that adds a new mission with each weekly episode, and that this is their priority for new story content.
  • Options
    Pepex82Pepex82 ✭✭
    That makes sense. Discovery mega Distress Call.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were me..
    I would look at those pesky to create expeditions as a 2 for 1 scenario..

Create a few, use them as hybrids or fulls or whatever, then after a week transplant them in to distress calls / episodes whichever.. it's a cost saving move as it's one creation for two functions, advances the storyline and.. adds event diversity..

But.. that's just me.
    Interested to see how it actually plays out.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno what it is or might be, but I hope it includes things like 2* Encoded Communiques, Medical Experiments, Romulan Encryption Algorithms, etc. at less brutal drop rates than presently exist elsewhere.