Home Ready Room
Options

VIP 0 questions

So, really just one to begin this thread...

I am a VIP 0 that managed to acquire enough dilithium to get four shuttles. What should be my next dilithium investment? I’m thinking crew slots, but I’d love to hear arguments for other investment opportunities.

As an aside, four shuttles do make a huge difference in faction events and trainer production. I never thought I would get to the point where I had a significant gold trainer surplus!
Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Comments

• Options
    Personally, I would say crew slots until you hit at least 110-120, and after that , acquiring dilithium should not be your goal anymore.

I am a level 6 VIP, I had a decent amount of dilithium from monthly cards and stuff, and I can say that besides the 3rd and 4th shuttles, by far the most important dilithium investment, and some extra crew slots, I did not find dilithium investments to be very productive.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Probably as a VIP 0 slots are vital, however and I say this in a big however, I would still stockpile dilithium for now till there is either a slot sale or DB graciously relent and give us 5 more slots. Later on you will probably want to have some dilithium for extending voyages, so unless things are excruciatingly tight then I would say bide your time for now.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 4th shuttle, as a FTP that is a good accomplishment.

I'm with others, stockpile Dil until DB do another crew slot sale.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    First, I agree with you and others that a VIP0 player should spend their limited Dilithium on 4 shuttles before anything else.

After this, I also tend towards patiently waiting for the next 50% off crew slots sale. The only other potential purchase I would suggest you consider - but I am not advocating for this - would be if you wanted to get the 20 Hour Voyage Achievement.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuttles. Check.

Slots. Try to wait for a sale, though if you’re missing out on crew - especially nearly-free 4/4*s from galaxy events - you could get a few.

Voyage extensions. Occasionally a voyage will come across that drops high-value loot like 4* crew or chronitons in quantity. It’s helpful to keep a couple hundred dil on hand to have an opportunity to gain more of those highly desired rewards.

Anything else would be frivolous, unless an event or special pack comes along that has a crew member you really want.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with above. Shuttles first, then crew slots pretty much exclusively. And hold for a sale.

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Adding to the crew slots/wait for a sale contingent. Though I did extend Voyages once to get to the 10 hour achievement.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day, I did it the other way - bought slots before I realized how much I was missing out using only 2 shuttles, so kudos for doing it the better way. For an F2P-er, I would echo the crew-slots-on-sale guidance.

I wouldn't recommend using Dil for voyages in your situation. Yeah, it might be painful to abandon a voyage if you mis-time it, or to have to recall 2 minutes before a dilemma, but stockpiling Dil for half-price slots has more long-term value than the occasional lost voyage. As an F2P player, you are accustomed to the pain of not being able to get stuff from the game that the P2P-ers are getting. Voyage extension is just one more of them. Stay strong. (But if you do eventually cave, we shall welcome you to the P2P club too!)
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also VIP0. Shuttles, yes. Slots, yes. Voyage extension, only a couple of times to hit the 10 hour achievement. NEVER NEVER NEVER on gauntlet!

Some of us learn the stupid way
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    NEVER NEVER NEVER on gauntlet!

Some of us learn the stupid way
    I was sorely tempted once when I was in 2nd place in a Gauntlet to drop some dilithium, but then I realized the Achievement for first place is only 2000 honor. The Top 5 Achievement reward of 10X premium pull was a better achievement, so I was happy to let it lie.

• Options
    shahekeeshahekee ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'll echo Stellar's thoughts and will throw out there for Shy Khan and Aldude we are recruiting for the sister fleet if you ever want to join a fully VIP 0 fleet.
  • Options
    I accidentally spent dilithium on transmissions. Whoops.

• Options
    Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

You can ticket that. I have also made accidental purchases by fat fingering around the game. CS has always been gracious to refund dilithium for those accidental purchases.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options

You can ticket that. I have also made accidental purchases by fat fingering around the game. CS has always been gracious to refund dilithium for those accidental purchases.

This happened weeks ago. I have already reported it and since been reimbursed for it.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I've spent some of my VIP0 dilithium on Thursday cadet tickets in anticipation of making a run at a faction event one day. I whine constantly about lack of crew slots, but TBH having a tight limit focuses the mind and there's not much else useful to spend dil on as VIP0.
    Officer - Second Star to the Right
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
    Fleet for Serious Gamers/Trekkers

Officer - VIP 0 Heroes (SkinterTailor)
    Officer - VIP 0 Champions (SkintestTailor)
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thank you for the offer Shahekee, but I'm FAdm of a fleet... can't abandon what we've built!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭

Awww darnnit, why didn’t you tell me this earlier??
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

This happened weeks ago. I have already reported it and since been reimbursed for it.
    Yes, I’ve pocket purchased before, as well. All credit to DB Customer Service, they’ve been very good about correcting these mistakes.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Yes, I’ve pocket purchased before, as well. All credit to DB Customer Service, they’ve been very good about correcting these mistakes.

Indeed. Accidental second dabo spin has gotten me.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    shahekee wrote: »
    I'll echo Stellar's thoughts and will throw out there for Shy Khan and Aldude we are recruiting for the sister fleet if you ever want to join a fully VIP 0 fleet.

Most kind offer, but I'm actually Admiral of Steeler Nation, a mostly abandoned fleet I joined when I first started playing the game regularly. Customer service was kind enough to promote me to replace the previous absentee Admiral last year, and now I'm enjoying rebuilding with a core group of loyal members and folks who pass through on their way to larger fleets.

(I also take great pleasure in making recruitment materials for our Forum Thread that no one reads :)Something to fill the VIP0 time between airlocking bottlenecked crew.)

• Options
    Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you have to have so many posts before the forum will let you.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    AllMost wrote: »
    I have a n00b question: Why can't I start threads? (serious)
    A certain number of "awesome" will also help raise your status. Here's one.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, and another. Welcome to the forums! There’s actually a thread somewhere for new members to ask things, as well, if you haven’t made posting threshold yet.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    AllMost wrote: »
    I have a n00b question: Why can't I start threads? (serious)
    A certain number of "awesome" will also help raise your status. Here's one.

And you also need to be a registered user for a few days. I see you just signed up today, AllMost, so you should be able to post threads by mid-week.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options

Most kind offer, but I'm actually Admiral of Steeler Nation, a mostly abandoned fleet I joined when I first started playing the game regularly. Customer service was kind enough to promote me to replace the previous absentee Admiral last year, and now I'm enjoying rebuilding with a core group of loyal members and folks who pass through on their way to larger fleets.

(I also take great pleasure in making recruitment materials for our Forum Thread that no one reads :)Something to fill the VIP0 time between airlocking bottlenecked crew.)

FYI, I read them! 😅 (displaced from the Burgh, but loyal to my fleet). Great work!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roland 359 wrote: »

FYI, I read them! 😅 (displaced from the Burgh, but loyal to my fleet). Great work!

Fleet (and team) loyalty is important! :)
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me Shy Khan. Got a nice little fleet going now!
  • Options
    Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    New goal as a vip 0: immortalizing a super rare for all main cast, except for discovery, mainly because I don’t know enough about discovery yet.

TOS:

Kirk:
    Spock: Ambassador Spock
    McCoy: Katra McCoy

TNG:
    Picard: Detective Dixon Hill
    Riker: Augment Riker
    Data: Prospero Data
    La Forge: Alan A Dale
    Worf: Sheriff Worf
    Crusher: Lady Beverly
    Troi: Bridge Officer Troi
    Wesley: Dress Uniform Wesley
    Yar: Duellist Yar

DS9:
    Sisko: Doctor Hippocrates Noah
    Kira:
    Jadzia:
    O’Brien:
    Quark: Klingon Quark
    Jake:
    Bashir:
    Ezri:
    Odo: Army Chaplain Odo

Voyager
    Janeway:
    Chakotay: Warship Chakotay
    Tuvok: Tuvix
    Neelix: Klingon Neelix
    Doctor: Holonovel Doctor
    Paris: Combat Medic Paris
    Torres: Liaison Torres
    Kes: Tieran Possessed Kes
    Seven: Drone Seven

Enterprise
    Archer: Xindi Prisoner Archer
    T’Pol: Captain T’Pol
    Tucker:
    Reed: Tourist Reed
    Phlox: Mirror Phlox
    Sato:
    Mayweather:

I'm guessing that Jake will be my last main cast to get an immortal super rare, if only because he just doesn't have that many canon variants.