Home Ready Room
Options

VIP 0 questions

13»

Comments

• Options
    Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to. I airlocked lots of purples I wished I had kept. That was my solution.
    Others in the fleet still struggle with slots and they have different ways of dealing with the struggle. Hopefully we'll get some Christmas slots to help soon.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options
    Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Oh yes, forgot to mention that I use honor to fully fuse new super rares from events, as those aren’t in the portal yet.

I’m at about 70k honor, and I’m looking forward to icing my doc crusher in a week or so.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    I'm in a similiar situation, but my way of thinking is that the super rares will eventually come back. Every event has an "existing" super rare in it, and I'm focussing on a rank higher than 2k on every event with a galaxy portion in it (i'm at 3 shuttles, so i'm not quite there yet to pull this on faction events). That way i get 2 fully fused guys from each galaxy event, and the ones from voyages usually go to the airlock (except for a few exceptionally strong ones). I save all honor to be able to cite really good 5* crew in case i ever find some - new super rares don't increase my crew strength much anymore.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    I’m hoping to get to a point where I can immortalize all super rares, since I can get those for free from voyages.

My 5 star crew is enough to get me to six hours pretty regulalry

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I’m hoping to get to a point where I can immortalize all super rares, since I can get those for free from voyages.

Me too. OCCASIONALLY 8 hours, when it's sec/command primary. I'm finding most of my 4-stars drop somewhere between 6 to 8. I'm hoping to eventually get my standing crew strong enough to regularly make 8 hours. If only so that I can stop relying on timers - I've lost a number of super-rares from falling asleep.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Me too. OCCASIONALLY 8 hours, when it's sec/command primary. I'm finding most of my 4-stars drop somewhere between 6 to 8. I'm hoping to eventually get my standing crew strong enough to regularly make 8 hours. If only so that I can stop relying on timers - I've lost a number of super-rares from falling asleep.

I've just recently gotten to the point of regularly guaranteed 8 hour voyages and occasional 9 hour voyages. Keep at it, it is possible for VIP 0.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I’ve never hit 8 hours, my best is 7:30

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of things, hope they don't dampen your mood. :)

- Your 4* crew (supplemented by mega event 5*s) should be able to get you to 6 hrs almost every time ... I mean, I'm going to hit 8 hrs on my current voyage (DIP/CMD) and it has Prospect Michael Burnham on it (pick her up if you don't have her and do not airlock this coming weekend!) along with the likes of Cornwell, Surak, Mirror Picard, Bell Riots Bashir and Prince Bashir ... crew we should all have at least 4/5 (except Prince at 2/5).
    My my most difficult combos are MED/ENG and MED/CMD ... but I've recently picked up crew that will help out there (said Prince Bashir and The Caretaker).

- I have to say ... I make 8 hrs about 7/10 times now-a-days ... and I've found the number of 4*s that drop, below expectations ... with the comments on the forum etc. I though, wow I'm going to FF all these "useless" 4*s and just get 'em off my roster ... it hasn't turned out like that and it taking a lot longer than I'd anticipated ... I get about 2-3 4*s a week and have only had a couple of multiple-4* voyages.
    Voyages were introduced over a year ago and I've got 3/4s levelled as a 3/4 from back then "hey I'll level these and get the last star from a voyage (or a community pull)" ... sheesh, yeah right. :)
  • Options
    It is surprising how much you can tell about a player based on the average length of their voyages, haha.

• Options
    Super-rare crew eventually become almost entirely only event crew, as you develop legendaries to higher fused level. I'm not a VIP0 so maybe I don't have that perspective, but using honor on super-rares will only slow down your progression to the day that purples are mostly only really needed for events because your legendaries have taken over both voyage and shuttle duty.

With that in mind, super-rares should very heavily be prioritized towards event crew (main cast crew), and arena specialized crew should not be a focus IMO. Unfortunately that could limit your effectiveness in skirmish events, but if you're able to use mostly legendary crew as your standard skirmish bridge, that could be an opportunity to limit super rare slots. Also, if you're holding onto any rare crew only being used in Arena dump those! There's no reason in the game that you need to max out the weakest tier ships unless you're a really new player.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    As a vip0, with crew slots being the way they are, keeping crew active exclusively for the arena is not a very prudent use of slots.

Until arena gets an upgrade in rewards of course

• Options
    So, I completed my first series rainbow by immortalizing Minuet.

VIP 0 Question about crew management. Aside from b’etor and three star Sisko, I have immortalized all 1, 2 and 3 star crew. I have 110 crew slots.

My main goal is to immortalize as many purples as possible. As such, I actively try and stay away from ranking top 1000, since I don’t have the slots to support 1/5s.

It Has gotten to the point where I don’t have any immortal four stars in my crew, and on mondays, I immediately freeze my weekend cadets for my weekday cadets, and vice versa on saturdays.

I hate having to use honor to immortalize freezer bait super rares, but I’ve been doing so to avoid having to toss super rare crew acquired through voyages.

Are any of you dealing with this right now?
    Mainly, I've just adjusted my mindset to treating the super-rares as my new rares, and not being afraid to toss out a middle of the road 1/4 to make room for 2/4 or above.

How, exactly, does one toss out a 1/4 to make room for a 2/4?

With how portals/voyages are, you don’t know what crew you are getting, save for voyage exclusive crew.

Getting 2/4 in an event seems a bit strange.

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

VIP 0 Question about crew management. Aside from b’etor and three star Sisko, I have immortalized all 1, 2 and 3 star crew. I have 110 crew slots.

My main goal is to immortalize as many purples as possible. As such, I actively try and stay away from ranking top 1000, since I don’t have the slots to support 1/5s.

It Has gotten to the point where I don’t have any immortal four stars in my crew, and on mondays, I immediately freeze my weekend cadets for my weekday cadets, and vice versa on saturdays.

I hate having to use honor to immortalize freezer bait super rares, but I’ve been doing so to avoid having to toss super rare crew acquired through voyages.

Mainly, I've just adjusted my mindset to treating the super-rares as my new rares, and not being afraid to toss out a middle of the road 1/4 to make room for 2/4 or above.

With how portals/voyages are, you don’t know what crew you are getting, save for voyage exclusive crew.

There are certainly occasions when I haven't have had time to play particularly competitively in events and ended up with a 2/4 from the ranked rewards. I only got a 2/4 Sarek and a 2/4 Prospect Michael Burnham, for example, from last year's Discovery Mega-Event. It happens.

Sometimes I find myself about to airlock a 1/4 and another copy suddenly drops (Cyrus Redblock, recently), and I have to choose another 1/4 to send away.

I have a number of legacy 2/4s from various events or partial drops that I favor in lieu of newly dropping 1/4s.
  • Options

There are certainly occasions when I haven't have had time to play particularly competitively in events and ended up with a 2/4 from the ranked rewards. I only got a 2/4 Sarek and a 2/4 Prospect Michael Burnham, for example, from last year's Discovery Mega-Event. It happens.

Sometimes I find myself about to airlock a 1/4 and another copy suddenly drops (Cyrus Redblock, recently), and I have to choose another 1/4 to send away.

I have a number of legacy 2/4s from various events or partial drops that I favor in lieu of newly dropping 1/4s.

Okay, so it was more holding onto 2/4 crew rather than dropping them for a newly acquired 1/4.

The wording made it sound like there was a way of knowing that you were going to get a 2/4 through the portal, and dropping a 1/4 to make room for the incoming 2/4.

• Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 100 slots.
    If there is an event I can immortalise a purple, I will.
    Less than immortal goes out the airlock.
    Voyages the same.

The next gold I get may also have to be airlocked. I have to be brutal.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    I only have 100 slots.
    If there is an event I can immortalise a purple, I will.
    Less than immortal goes out the airlock.
    Voyages the same.

The next gold I get may also have to be airlocked. I have to be brutal.
    Out of curiosity, what’s your current crew rarity breakdown?
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have:
    3 greens (Melora, Seska, Wildman) - I can clear "top marks" (Epic) for the 25 chrons or "Talk Less, Smile More" (Elite) for the 20 chrons and 0* holoprograms for Mon/We'd/Fri missions.
    I can clear "First Conflict" (Epic) for the 2* Encoded communique on Tuesdays.
    I can clear "A question of Rights" (Elite) for the 2* shuttle boosts on Thursdays.

4 Blues (J. Dax, Lwaxana Troi, Maquis Torres, Kang) - I can clear "Breakwater" (Epic) for the credits on Saturday and "Flesh and Blood" (elite) for the 0* science experiments on Sunday. I keep Kang around for the commander division in Arena.

Then I have 17 1/4 crew (most of them are L100 FE), 11 2/4 crew, 9 3/4 crew and 8 immortal purples (the most useful ones: Graduation Burnham, Niners Rom, Combat Paris, Mirror Phlox, Sarina Douglas, Victorian Pulaski, Shras... I'm freezing Pabst at the end of the event)

Finally, I have 29 1/5 crew, 5 2/5 crew, 3 3/5 crew, 3 4/5 crew and 8 immortal golds.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    I have:
    3 greens (Melora, Seska, Wildman) - I can clear "top marks" (Epic) for the 25 chrons or "Talk Less, Smile More" (Elite) for the 20 chrons and 0* holoprograms for Mon/We'd/Fri missions.
    I can clear "First Conflict" (Epic) for the 2* Encoded communique on Tuesdays.
    I can clear "A question of Rights" (Elite) for the 2* shuttle boosts on Thursdays.

4 Blues (J. Dax, Lwaxana Troi, Maquis Torres, Kang) - I can clear "Breakwater" (Epic) for the credits on Saturday and "Flesh and Blood" (elite) for the 0* science experiments on Sunday. I keep Kang around for the commander division in Arena.

Then I have 17 1/4 crew (most of them are L100 FE), 11 2/4 crew, 9 3/4 crew and 8 immortal purples (the most useful ones: Graduation Burnham, Niners Rom, Combat Paris, Mirror Phlox, Sarina Douglas, Victorian Pulaski, Shras... I'm freezing Pabst at the end of the event)

Finally, I have 29 1/5 crew, 5 2/5 crew, 3 3/5 crew, 3 4/5 crew and 8 immortal golds.

If you get a 5* ... then at least consider freezing those 2-skill 4*s!

Grad. Burnham, Niners Rom, Victorian Pulaksi ... (Mirror Phlox).

You'll probably be using them for shuttles, so you won't notice the drop in success rate of your shuttles ... because the drop in skill doesn't greatly effect your success percentage on a multi-seat shuttle ... maybe a couple of percentage points and that's something you'll never notice with 4 shuttles.
    On top of that ... shuttle percentages kinda round off at around 66% success on average, it adjusts to your crew skill level. You'll fail a bit more than normal when you drop your best crew ... but after a while you'll level out at the same success rate ... and again, with 4 shuttles you'll bever notice the change.

You can try this out yourself ... if you open a multi-seat shuttle where one has ENG ... fit your best crew in the other seats and then check the difference between Niners Rom and some mid-800s 1/5 (e.g. The Traveller, Assimilated La Forge etc.) ... maybe 2-3% ... is that difference worth airlocking a 5* over

Mirror Phlox is the exception, because he's good in Gauntlet and he has use on Voyages, even as a 2-skill ... however, I recently froze him because I realised I was never using him anymore after I managed to pick up a copy of The Caretaker, Leo da Vinci etc.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep them for voyages mainly. I am tanking shuttles because I'm honoured in each faction. I have already frozen a few purples that I wish I had out.

So, although I appreciate your advice and speculation, my reasons for keeping them out has nothing to do with shuttles.