Home The Bridge

All part of the game

SMMSMM ✭✭✭
There are some things about this game that I don't have a problem with. To name a few;

-Gauntlet Walls
-The number of crew slots
-Behold full houses

What aspects of the game do others complain about that you think is ok?

Comments

• Dark MatterDark Matter ✭✭✭
    There is no system in this game I would say I'm perfectly happy about it. This three things you mentioned are hell of a pain though the last one mostly virtually cause I'm f2p player.
  • You should put this into context: how long have you been playing, what VIP, how many immortals do you have?

All these aspects weigh greatly on how much issues impact on a players experience
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    There is no system in this game I would say I'm perfectly happy about it. This three things you mentioned are hell of a pain though the last one mostly virtually cause I'm f2p player.

I would agree with this. There is no aspect of the game that has been implemented competently but there are also some things that I think are fine.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    You should put this into context: how long have you been playing, what VIP, how many immortals do you have?

All these aspects weigh greatly on how much issues impact on a players experience

No I shouldn't have put it in context. My context is irrelevant because I'm asking others what they think. They can add their context if they wish.
  • SMM wrote: »
    You should put this into context: how long have you been playing, what VIP, how many immortals do you have?

No I shouldn't have put it in context. My context is irrelevant because I'm asking others what they think. They can add their context if they wish.

Up to you, personally I think the thread is pretty pointless out of context though.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »

Up to you, personally I think the thread is pretty pointless out of context though.

There is functionality to hide threads.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I enjoy that there is star trek characters in it. That's about it. As for the other stuff.

The gauntlet is ridiculous. The way they developed their characters is wrong and the gauntlet further proves it because we use that same ten characters every day out of 500 in the game to choose from. RNG makes it even worse by giving us random rewards that do not align with the effort of victory. Locking away great characters that people will work hard for, but never get.

Crew that seem to be have been built by RNG.

Mission drop rates don't make any sense. They just don't. Their only saving grace in this was the replicator.

Events are far too long. For crying out loud they last 5 days! That's not an event. That is just a grind.

Even longer events on holiday weekends. What the F! WHY NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS!

Events that seem thrown together, just so we can have another "event."

Lack of event types.

A chroniton cap at I believe level 150? Oh okay. Guess there is no need to level up anymore.

Legendary crew are just not worth what they are asking. Especially when the end result is still completely random!

Time portal pulls.....Joke.

DB conveniently hiding behind Itunes purchases that charge me twice, but DB only gives me one.

Shuttle percentages that are random....

Day to day shuttles seem to get infinitely more difficult. This boggles my mind.

Can't select difficulty on shuttles. Daily or event. Making drop rates for certain items almost unobtainable. Again, replicator to the rescue.

Arena battles... lol Wow not sure where to start there.

Cadet challenges. Can't warp them. Everything else in the game you can warp, but no, DB wants us to choke on the 5-10 slots we have to use to do them at all. It would be different if the missions would change every now and then, but they don't. We keep getting forced to finger punch the same crap every day.

Scans.... Why do we even bother having this feature. Make the scanner work based on VIP level so that higher VIP's can find rarer *Amazing Poutine*. Make scans useful!

No way to level up crew that we like so we can use them more. Seriously disappointed that I can't make improvements to specific crew to make the game more random. Instead they are locked.

Voyages were great before they were nerfed.

There's more. Nobody's going to read this post anyways....But Star Trek... Great show.

I believe this is the opposite of what was asked in the thread.

Edit:
    For me, it's non-canon characters. I have zero problems with them. Others seem to be personally offended. Just don't get it.

• I believe this is the opposite of what was asked in the thread.

Edit:
    For me, it's non-canon characters. I have zero problems with them. Others seem to be personally offended. Just don't get it.

At least I began and ended it with a positive point. :)
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I didn't have a problem with getting an extra Mirror Picard at Christmas.
    I am looking forward to the future addition of new types of events.
    I really don't have an issue with the Holoemitters (or at least I think it is how it should be)
    I don't have an issue with Shuttle failures (yeah, it's a drag but failing makes winning better)
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t mind the crew slot thing. I don’t feel the need to have everyone
  • UprisingUprising ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Arena battles ;)
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Technically events last 4 days, not 5. But yes. With galaxy, I'm at 130k VP by the first evening, at most the next morning. And then its just "wait till the next one." Faction events take the entire time, but I kinda hate that I have to keep checking my shuttles. I see why it's good from DB's perspective, though. The more you get players in the game wanting things to progress, the more money they spend.

And to be fair, I know a lot of work goes into these events, so making them last makes them worth it. However, to that I would reply "do more repeats."

Oh, and to Rex and others - I like the non-canon characters too, I just kinda hate when they force another Janeway or Picard or Riker on us when there are so many amazing characters that would have been perfect there, that they didn't use. And yes, I understand that from a gameplay perspective, another frequently occurring character is worth more than a one-off. Doubt I'll ever look at someone like Kurros again. But still...

Can we please get Commander Shelby? Please? Captain Braxton? Bueller?
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Context is everything.

If you are financially well off,
    Then whoopy doo.. full house Beholds for everyone!

Gauntlet walls ?
    Who cares ? I'll Dilithium my way though !
    Crew slots ?
    I can afford those !

You either have to be rich, or just starting to not care about all three of those things (in my opinion)

And hey, more power to ya.
    Join my fleet, I need a better secret Santa for next year ;)
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get Commander Shelby? Please? Captain Braxton? Bueller?

They're coming right after Archer gets an event. ;)
    Context is everything.

If you are financially well off,
    Then whoopy doo.. full house Beholds for everyone!

Gauntlet walls ?
    Who cares ? I'll Dilithium my way though !
    Crew slots ?
    I can afford those !

You either have to be rich, or just starting to not care about all three of those things (in my opinion)

And hey, more power to ya.
    Join my fleet, I need a better secret Santa for next year ;)

I don’t mind two out of three. Does that make me rich? Hate the gauntlet wall though but I won’t soend dilithium to get rid of it either

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish there was, and I've asked for it numerous times, but you actually can't hide threads on this forum. You can put users on your ignore list, but that only hides individual posts by them and doesn't hide threads they create.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »

I wish there was, and I've asked for it numerous times, but you actually can't hide threads on this forum. You can put users on your ignore list, but that only hides individual posts by them and doesn't hide threads they create.

Yeah, you still see their threads. Wonder why that is so.

• [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not really. Everything that someone has complained about has annoyed me at one time or other. Some things I've gotten over, or clearly bother me less, for whatever reason, but I've had really bad shuttle events for no reason at all (I'm looking at you Ruk, still on 2/4) and the Gauntlet nearly made me break my phone before I decided I really didn't give a *. I hate the way I can't rush through my dailies if I'm busy, and some events can be a real drag. Just tooooo loooong.

I don't think it's really about what we find annoying, some players work really hard to get them changed, but that's very energy intensive imo. The key is to not really give a *. One day I'm going to put this game down and walk away. I aim to do that without feeling my time has been mis-spent or I've spent too much money. So to do that, I have a very strict budget (that's working out well) and I'm trying not to let it get in the way of RL. The second is more problematic because dailies take so long.

Try not to do anything you'll later regret, then you'll be good. And never, ever, EVER, throw your phone across the room because RNG has just shafted you again. RNG is Satan and its not worth giving Satan the satisfaction of knowing he's beaten you.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind most aspects of the game. The thing(s) that truly bug me are leveling crew with items that should drop and don't, drop more effectively with a mission 3/4 down the list when it should be at the top, or a purple item needing more purple items to build (or needing a purple item to build a blue item is blasphemy, and wastes replicator resources.)

Yes, DB can do a better job, but if you look at it from a business perspective, they have their hands full and do what they can with the directives and resources they are given (a primary resource being time.) It is, no doubt, a daunting task, and if I had only one complaint to give, it would be about how much others complain, when they don't realize how cool this game is and what it takes to bring it to us.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Dark MatterDark Matter ✭✭✭
    ...and if I had only one complaint to give, it would be about how much others complain, when they don't realize how cool this game is and what it takes to bring it to us.

Not all of us are so easily impressed as you seem to be...
  • ASK_ASK_ ✭✭
    ^^^^^ #itsonly5dollars
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the OP here, there are annoyances to be sure, but as I near my 2 year anniversary I have to admit, I enjoy the game enough to keep it as my primary/only vice. Sure things like 400 Chronitons to get 2 databases are frustrating. If items dropped more fairly my 254th immortal wouldn’t have meant as much. Removing expectations from shuttles and the gauntlet (note, not ignoring or not trying to better it with tickets pointing out the nonsense which I do) helps keep it a game. I vacillate between spending and F2P as the features and events frustrate me or please me.

I don’t feel like it’s more or less that different than playing Magic the Gathering when it comes to duplicates and expenses. The only difference I keep in the back of my mind is my old cards are gaining aftermarket value, while my legends here are simply pixels. With Magic I had to hunt down people to enjoy what I dropped tons of money on, and played much much less than I get to play STT. Recently I purchased a ~35$ package of (3) 25th anniversary Magic packs for nostaligia; and in those packs I had 3 rares, 2 were the same exact rare card and valued at approximately 57 cents. I assure you, Wizards of the Coast would have done even less than DB in terms of addressing my odds shattering horrible luck. At least DB tosses me merits from time to time when really awful things happen.

STT is not perfect, but I still enjoy it for what it is. We all have a vice, if it doesn’t hurt someone else, have at it.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »

Yeah, you still see their threads. Wonder why that is so.

I believe they can.

They was a thread about the bug where people buying double your crew offer for $5. It was gone the next morning or somehow i cannot find it anymore
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they can.

They was a thread about the bug where people buying double your crew offer for $5. It was gone the next morning or somehow i cannot find it anymore

Admins can delete threads or move them to the super secret section that we can't see, but that isn't what Data and Banjo were discussing.

Apparently if you put someone on ignore, you still see threads they've created.
This discussion has been closed.