Home The Bridge

When will achievements and collections be updated?

First the achievements have stagnated for a while. They are in desperate need for an update. I unfortunately see the collections the same way. I don't see any update to the collections any time soon and it seems like a fairly easy update. Any idea DB when those will be updated?

Comments

• SST - 9of7SST - 9of7 ✭✭✭
    And @DB please add crew slots as collection rewards!
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Or just add crew slots. Would be a great event threshold or a final community award also.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    First the achievements have stagnated for a while. They are in desperate need for an update. I unfortunately see the collections the same way. I don't see any update to the collections any time soon and it seems like a fairly easy update. Any idea DB when those will be updated?

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but collections have only been a thing for less than 3 months, and already they're considered stagnant? I haven't completed one in ~2 months, but that's because everything I have left needs FF'd 5* crew. Sure, they could add a few more new ones, but really that's just a short-term fix - you'll knock them out in a couple of weeks (or minutes, depending on the crew needed) and be right back where you started.

As many others have said, achievements need to be updated to reflect the ever-expanding aspects of the game.
  • The achievements have been stagnate for over a year but I have played this game since launch and know how the devs let things stagnate. They need to have regular updates every few months for collections and achievements.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    The achievements have been stagnate for over a year but I have played this game since launch and know how the devs let things stagnate. They need to have regular updates every few months for collections and achievements.

I feel like at this point it's worth noting that achievements haven't even been around for a year...
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The achievements have been stagnate for over a year but I have played this game since launch and know how the devs let things stagnate. They need to have regular updates every few months for collections and achievements.

I feel like at this point it's worth noting that achievements haven't even been around for a year...

Not to mention they added the voyage dilemma counter just a few months ago.
  • The achievements have been stagnate for over a year but I have played this game since launch and know how the devs let things stagnate. They need to have regular updates every few months for collections and achievements.

And that change went over like a lead balloon on these forums, if I recall, lol
    Roland 359 wrote: »

And that change went over like a lead balloon on these forums, if I recall, lol
    The daily change, perhaps, but no one complained about the achievement.
    Q: Are achievements going to be updated?
    A: Possibly
    Q: Any time frame that you know of
    A: No
    Q: Are collections going to be updated?
    A: This is something we are looking at
    Q: Any idea as to when?
    A: No time soon
    Q: Is there anything you can tell us?
    A: Not really

:neutral:

Collections have, literally, been live just over 2 months.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Are achievements going to be updated?
    A: Possibly
    Q: Any time frame that you know of
    A: No
    Q: Are collections going to be updated?
    A: This is something we are looking at
    Q: Any idea as to when?
    A: No time soon
    Q: Is there anything you can tell us?
    A: Not really

:neutral:

Collections have, literally, been live just over 2 months.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. They purposefully released with only a small number of collections and have told us that they are going to add more. It is entirely fair to ask for it now that we are done with many of the ones that are within our reach. Like many others I'm mosty gated by immortalised legendaries now, and whilst that doesn't deter me, these are not collections I am focussing on either as the time horizons for finishing them are likely in years not weeks or months.

So there is definitely a desire for something in between, something that requires a good bunch of Super Rares for example.
  • Thurthorad wrote: »
    I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. They purposefully released with only a small number of collections and have told us that they are going to add more. It is entirely fair to ask for it now that we are done with many of the ones that are within our reach. Like many others I'm mosty gated by immortalised legendaries now, and whilst that doesn't deter me, these are not collections I am focussing on either as the time horizons for finishing them are likely in years not weeks or months.

So there is definitely a desire for something in between, something that requires a good bunch of Super Rares for example.

Keep in mind though, and this is for everyone asking about an update, that although they may come out with more collections, they will likely include a lot of the crew that you have already collected. As an example, let's say that they come out with a Klingon collection (which is very likely). There are currently 57 Klingons in the game. Already though, Klingons are in other collections that you may have already collected. Everyone probably has Klingons like Chief Engineer Torres, KDF Alexander, and Security Chief Worf immortalized, so instead of having 57 Klingons to immortalize, you only have 54. Most players have a lot more than that. I have 16, which is rather low, but still like 30% of the total.

So let's say that a Duelist collection comes out. Well, now Security Chief Worf is also included in this collection. See what I'm saying?

My point is that the more you work for collections, the less you'll have to collect later. At some point, you'll have all of the crew, which means that no matter what collection comes out after that, you'll have completed it already. I'm happy that collections exist because it gives some new purpose to the game, but eventually it'll be over, for all intents and purposes.

Anyway, I'm just saying well all might as well just wait for db's timeline on this, and focus on more pressing and immediately fixable issues... like a replicator counter.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else, IMO the Achivements for Events Participated in and Characters Maxed should be expanded as the game grows.
  • Achievements have been around at least 10 months perhaps not a year but nearly. I still have achievements that have been maxed out like

"complete scans from your ship" 3/3
    "Equip items to your crew" 10/10
    "Complete away team missions" 10/10

Really? Why are these achievements maxed at 10? why not 100,000?

I don't want 10 months from now to have the same collections with nothing new. I like to be proactive and request things like this now so that later we don't realize nothing has changed in a year.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like we maxed out another achievement today with our 48th event.
    I was just going to make a thread about this, but here is sensible. I was sad to see that today. :'(
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Maxed out for now - I’m sure it’ll be updated with more numbers to aim for.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ljofa wrote: »
    Maxed out for now - I’m sure it’ll be updated with more numbers to aim for.

It had better. The fact we get an event a week means that we'll reach event numbers rather quickly if they're not updated and the ceiling set higher and higher.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • We definitely need more collections! I’ve already finished the current ones...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Also whats up with the crappy rewards for achievements? I got 5,000 honor for participating in 48 events. That's almost a year. Seriously?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also whats up with the crappy rewards for achievements? I got 5,000 honor for participating in 48 events. That's almost a year. Seriously?

Two weeks ago I got 2k honor for finishing in the top 50 in an event. That took A LOT more effort than playing in 48 events. A lot of these achievements are really not worth it on their own. It's a nice bonus for something you would do anyway, but not as the reason to do it.
    The DIL for immortalizations is quite, well, a nice reward. Could be larger, but damn that's an event pack each 25 crew for a while there, though after 350, nothing.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise the 350 immortalised cap on achievement double it even
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Also whats up with the crappy rewards for achievements? I got 5,000 honor for participating in 48 events. That's almost a year. Seriously?

I distinctly recall playing 50 events in a row and got nothing except the satisfaction of completing the event. And some event crew.

I remember no Vault. Should I then not complain when parts of it **tsk tsk**? If we did it'd never be as good as it is now.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Collections have given this game some real potential and reasons to actually vault/immortalize your crew besides just clearing up slots.

I love collections but feel there are so many more they could put together. Clearly TOS Movies and TNG movies collections come to mind.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I distinctly recall playing 50 events in a row and got nothing except the satisfaction of completing the event. And some event crew.

I remember no Vault. Should I then not complain when parts of it *Vegan Poutine*? If we did it'd never be as good as it is now.

I agree. Complacency leads to stagnation.