Home The Bridge

Who is outstanding for the arena?

124»

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Prime Lorca, I have never seen a battle with or without the reduction go to through the cooldown and use an ability the second time.

Agreed. The Admiral division seems more random (LOL) to me, as opposed to Commander & Captain.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    i understand
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    starfox wrote: »
    I agree with Prime Lorca, I have never seen a battle with or without the reduction go to through the cooldown and use an ability the second time.

well, i disagree. my ship build uses 3 engineer types of 25% hull repair (tbh, they arent all "engineers" by career. phlox is a physician ) and use auto play on speed x3 and watch my opponents killy/garths run out of charges, then fly around , occasionally zapping me with the kreytons built in nuke (which does little damage without a crew to give the ship +attack). once they use up their two charges they are no longer a threat.
    its kind of a troll build , i admit, and my match ups last many, many, many seconds lol.
    i dont usually use this crew setup because it takes so long but i like to try different builds for the fun of it.

So your argument for changing a major game mechanic is based on a "troll build" that you use sometimes when you feel like playing around?
    Farewell 🖖
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    negative. i was replying to someone who said they have never seen a battle last to the second charge activation.
    as for a reduction in COOLDOWN timers also affecting initialization timers: i still dont understand why both are affected when the ability says "cooldown" . i understand that it affects both.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    negative. i was replying to someone who said they have never seen a battle last to the second charge activation.
    as for a reduction in COOLDOWN timers also affecting initialization timers: i still dont understand why both are affected when the ability says "cooldown" . i understand that it affects both.

The screen looks the same whether the the character is initializing or cooling down. One could argue that initialization is just the "starting cooldown" and is therefore affected by any ability which affects cooldown time.

As to the reply to which you responded, is it unreasonable to think that Gib's experience is legitimate? The top ranks are full of Krayton's, Bounty's, and T'Ong's with the occasional Proton ship. I certainly can't remember the last time one of my battles made it past the first volley?
    Farewell 🖖
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have wondered why kraytons speed up ability affects initialization . cooldown and initialization are two different categories on abilities.
    as for evasions usefulness, i definitely notice a difference with a 20 evasion vs 15 or 16. however, even with 20 evasion i get blasted out of the universe by a krayton with no crew with accuracy. i think thats pretty bogus. and i think its because those killy garths can activate at 4s . i have laborer spock maxxed out but sometimes i dont click him fast enough.
    can we do something about speed up "cooldown" timers not affecting initialize timers, please

If you are hitting the evasion fast enough it shouldn't be an issue. The AI has to activate first the krayton ability and then the burst damage crew. Sometimes the crew gets lucky and gets through even with evasion active, but I can always at least activate it before the burst damage crew activates.