Home The Bridge

Who is outstanding for the arena?

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Do not run when two killy's that is the sitting duck. Use Bounty and tap on that cloak, so it takes effect immediately. Other choice would be a high evasion from Admiral Janeway. If she can keep you alive, basically at least make one of killy's attack miss, you should be able to mount your own attack.

Key here is you have to know the instant damage crew and their timing.
    Killy's instant damage, if she is the first crew from left to right will occur at 6 seconds. That is the exact time that the Bounty is able to cloak.

The problem here is the cloak only lasts 6 5 seconds.
    (Edit: added all this below)
    That means any instant damage crew coming in at the 12 seconds will hit. If there are two, they could knock you out, if you do not uncloak earlier and kill them. Or, try a later evasion crew to help against them. Also at 22 seconds the Killy's will have their next attack. Usually if you do not finish any battle before this time you usually are going to lose the battle anyhow.

I have later evasion with undercover O'Brien, evasion 7. But anyone higher will do. Keep in mind if you go the Admiral Janeway route you are planning an offensive attack that should probably complete before 12 seconds. That is, destroy your opponent, provided the evasion of Killy's work. If you see two Killy's and a early accuracy crew such as (Mirror Spock, Captain Scott, or Ardra. Probably should have the Bounty and cloak before the Killy's. In this case there can only be one instant damage crew to follow. You should survive that. Just the matter of your crew providing enough attack power to destroy them before 22 seconds. But I must admit Captain Scott could make it difficult on the later instant damage crew. I think the instant damage can Crit but not sure.

Did the ship battle interface change? I am not getting the option to change ship. I guess I am confusing it with arena and skirmish.

Also keep in mind, I do not believe there is any ship or crew that will always win battles. RNG will always play a role. Just that better setups will let you win most of the battles.

I’ve noticed that defending ships will have a slight delay when activating Killy, giving Bounty owners (and T’Ong owners, I assume) a chance to spam that cloak activation button. Sure, it only lasts five seconds but few people run with both Killy and Phlox or Kal-if-fee Spock - those two are often paired with T’Kuvma and are therefore easy to avoid by waiting to activate the cloak for a second or two.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dirk Gunderson
    I noticed the same.
  • There is the go-to Commander and Captain division layout, but I have excellent success in Admiral with the T'Ong, Enemy Lines Sisko, T'Kuvma, Arachnia, and Assimilated Torres combo
    Best,
    Nauti

Level 99; VIP 14
    Crew immortalized = 869
    Common Crew: 27/27, Uncommon Crew: 54/54, Rare Crew: 89/89, Super Rare Crew: 370/375, Legendary Crew: 363/454
    Pending collections = Klingon
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Admiral division setup is T'Ong with Killy (damage x 400%), President of Earth (attack +8 & critical +10k), Robin Hood (accuracy +8 & speed +20%), Laborer Spock (evade +9 & shields +20%).

I get 6 seconds of Prez/Robin/Killy stacked, followed by 4 seconds of Prez/Robin/Magnetic Pulse (damage x 350%) stacked, followed by a little more of Prez (2 seconds) and MP (1 second). I use the cloak to avoid most of any attack by Killly/T'Kuvma/Reed, and am able to wait until Spock is fully charged to max his shield regeneration.

Completing at least a couple battles with this setup allows me to finish in the top-1% every day, often hitting #1 at least once in the hour ahead of the deadline.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    My set up...
    Ship: T'Ong
    Command chair: T'Kuvma (immortal)
    Security chair: Dr. Katherine Pulaski (immortal)
    Diplomacy chair: Rura Penthe Kirk (3/5* Lv. 100)
    Engineering chair: Captain Scott (immortal)
    *I did have Suus Mahna Sarek in the Security chair for his 400% damage

I like to call my tactic "Die Die Die part 2"** because it involves using most all skills at once in a huge damage-dealing onslaught.
    So what I do is wait until cloak can be activated. If I lose shields before then, I apply my hull repair.
    If I am facing another T'Ong, I wait until they activate their cloak, then activate mine 1s to 2s later, so theirs will run out before mine and they'll be vulnerable when I unleash Die Die Die part 2.
    At the 1s mark before my cloak ends, I activate Kirk for 500% immediate damage and +5 accuracy bonus. Then I just go leftward down the line: Pulaski for +30% attack speed and +6 attack bonus, T'Kuvma for 375% immediate damage and +9 attack bonus, T'Ong Ship ability for 350% immediate damage and +2 accuracy bonus, then loopback to the end chair and activate Scotty for +9 accuracy bonus and his amazing ship stats.

I usually can take down 95% of arena opponents with that tactic, because I am doing high speed, high accuracy attacks with 1225% immediate damage and +15 attack bonus. I make #1 easily if I try, though I usually just play to get the arena battle daily out of the way. One thing I love about this tactic is there has been many times where a Borg Cube has nearly obliterated me before cloak can be activated, then I manage to activate it, wait until everyone is ready (which is always before cloak ends), and just let the Cube have it. I've taken a full Cube down while my ship had barely any health left like that many times.

I'd love to use other ships and tactics, but it's kinda hard to beat the one I have with its tactic of swift ruthless efficiency. I will say though, the battles I do lose are because I've used up all my skills and am a sitting duck :p So the tactic is a bit of a glass cannon, but it works extremely well the vast majority of the time. It is also very good in skirmish events, I just switch out Pulaski's position for whoever adds a bonus for the event and rearrange chairs if need be since T'Kuvma and Kirk can easily occupy other chairs on the T'Ong, and I can sacrifice a little damage and attack speed with no real consequences.

**this name is a reference to an inside joke between my older brother and I when we were young kids and tried to think of terrible overclichéd horror movie names, no, there is no part 1.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the Spanish Inquisition reference :)
    edited March 2019
    Edited.
    My set up...

I like to call my tactic "Die Die Die part 2"** because it involves using most all skills at once in a huge damage-dealing onslaught.
    So what I do is wait until cloak can be activated. If I lose shields before then, I apply my hull repair.
    If I am facing another T'Ong, I wait until they activate their cloak, then activate mine 1s to 2s later, so theirs will run out before mine and they'll be vulnerable when I unleash Die Die Die part 2.
    At the 1s mark before my cloak ends, I activate Kirk for 500% immediate damage and +5 accuracy bonus. Then I just go leftward down the line: Pulaski for +30% attack speed and +6 attack bonus, T'Kuvma for 375% immediate damage and +9 attack bonus, T'Ong Ship ability for 350% immediate damage and +2 accuracy bonus, then loopback to the end chair and activate Scotty for +9 accuracy bonus and his amazing ship stats.

I usually can take down 95% of arena opponents with that tactic, because I am doing high speed, high accuracy attacks with 1225% immediate damage and +15 attack bonus. I make #1 easily if I try, though I usually just play to get the arena battle daily out of the way. One thing I love about this tactic is there has been many times where a Borg Cube has nearly obliterated me before cloak can be activated, then I manage to activate it, wait until everyone is ready (which is always before cloak ends), and just let the Cube have it. I've taken a full Cube down while my ship had barely any health left like that many times.

I'd love to use other ships and tactics, but it's kinda hard to beat the one I have with its tactic of swift ruthless efficiency. I will say though, the battles I do lose are because I've used up all my skills and am a sitting duck :p So the tactic is a bit of a glass cannon, but it works extremely well the vast majority of the time. It is also very good in skirmish events, I just switch out Pulaski's position for whoever adds a bonus for the event and rearrange chairs if need be since T'Kuvma and Kirk can easily occupy other chairs on the T'Ong, and I can sacrifice a little damage and attack speed with no real consequences.

**this name is a reference to an inside joke between my older brother and I when we were young kids and tried to think of terrible overclichéd horror movie names, no, there is no part 1.

An immortalized Cap’n Scott...and RP Kirk? I am jealous.

My Skirmish setup isn’t that different but I don’t use a cloaked ship - there are, as far as I can remember, no Skirmish opponents with instant-damage abilities that need to be avoided but there are a few with instant shield restoration abilities, so I use a Borg Cube instead. And since there is no cloak, I aim for faster-initializing crew to get the battles over with. After making some tweaks in the last Skirmish, I am now using a 2/5* Killy, Valeris, Lieutenant Chekov, and whatever event crew I have in the Cube’s MED slot. Using Chekov and his crit rating boost instead of my 1/5* Locutus allowed me to go from taking damage sometimes to taking damage rarely, even against the Reliant.
  • garnergarner ✭✭✭
    The skill bonuses don't stack. It uses your max bonus. So my double Killy doesn't add 20 to attack, just makes it 20. Same with instant damage, they don't stack but they each fire off individually.

I run double Killy with Klingon O'Brien before them to increase accuracy as well as having a big passive accuracy. The forth slot is currently Enemy Lines Sisko, but planning on changing it to Ardra for bigger crit to help with the insta kill effect of the build.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commander
    gzowztv4vnuf.png

Captain
    d3jyhg6knjbs.png

Admiral
    3dg5k4y65h2o.png

In Commander and Captain, if you don't run these setups, you just put a target on yourself for everyone to attack you.

In Admiral, Killy is the BOSS. If you see two Killy's... run. She can be in any ship and be a viable threat. Then, you just work with whatever crew you have to support her.

2 Killys are easy to beat. You just cloak on both of them and they do not touch you if you time your cloak right and then you counter attack the crud out of them. Mainly in arena you just want an accuracy person that you can pair with your attack people. Good attack people in admiral are Locutus, T'kuvma, Killy, Assimilated Tuvok, Rura Penthe Reed and the Duras Sisters merge card.
    Let’s fly!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    My set up...

I applaud "Die Die Die part 2"
    My Arena tactic is named Rock and Roll part 2, and most of the blame can be placed on Gary Glitter.

Sadly, my virtual results equate to his lifetime results...
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • While I don't have any top tier crew (no T'Kuvma, no Killy, no Suus Manna Sarek, no Warship EMA). I get by marginally well in Admiral Division using a maxed HMS bounty with: The Duras Sisters (20 seconds of PAIN at +9), Ro Laren (Evasion +6 and 12000 to crit bonus), Commander Barclay (+6 evasion and 25% hull repair after 12 seconds), and Kol (because he's the only 400%-er I have, even if he is bound by the cloak).

Where I seem to shine is the Captain Division. I have a level 6 Borg Sphere that absolutely annihilates level 9 Romulan Warbirds and level 9 USS Defiants. Crewed by Commander Barclay (again for his hull repair), a 2/4* fe Icheb (the Sphere grants POSITION to activate his 350% attack), 1/4 fe Mirror Phlox (200% attack), and The Duras Sisters (20 seconds of pain).

I have some questions about Arena abilities.

#1 Thot Gor seems to have an identical attack to the Duras Sisters, with the only difference being the passive ship boosts they bring. I have them both immortal, is there any reason to use one over the other?

#2 Does anyone use Commander Uhura in arena? Her +8 attack is 1 less than the Duras Sisters, but Uhura's attack also lasts 6 seconds longer, clocking in at a whopping 26 seconds. I'm wondering if sticking her on my bridge would throw opposing players for a loop as I don't see her used at all in arena, and wonder how many folks know she has a 26 second attack.
    I have some questions about Arena abilities.

#1 Thot Gor seems to have an identical attack to the Duras Sisters, with the only difference being the passive ship boosts they bring. I have them both immortal, is there any reason to use one over the other?

#2 Does anyone use Commander Uhura in arena? Her +8 attack is 1 less than the Duras Sisters, but Uhura's attack also lasts 6 seconds longer, clocking in at a whopping 26 seconds. I'm wondering if sticking her on my bridge would throw opposing players for a loop as I don't see her used at all in arena, and wonder how many folks know she has a 26 second attack.

1) Although they have different cooldown timers they are single-use and have long durations, so the only difference between the two is based on what fusion level you have them at and the passive bonuses. Thot Gor’s crit rating is lower but all the others are either somewhat higher or a lot higher - I’d recommend him over the Sisters.

2) I haven’t used her and can't say that I have seen her much among my opponents. The 26 second duration looks nice, but remember: the 12 second initialize means that you probably won’t enjoy all 26 seconds before the battle is over (one way or the other). If you have someone with a similar attack bonus, shorter initialize, and/or better passive bonuses but a shorter duration, they might be a better option.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commander
    gzowztv4vnuf.png

Captain
    d3jyhg6knjbs.png

Admiral
    3dg5k4y65h2o.png

In Commander and Captain, if you don't run these setups, you just put a target on yourself for everyone to attack you.

In Admiral, Killy is the BOSS. If you see two Killy's... run. She can be in any ship and be a viable threat. Then, you just work with whatever crew you have to support her.

2 Killys are easy to beat. You just cloak on both of them and they do not touch you if you time your cloak right and then you counter attack the crud out of them. Mainly in arena you just want an accuracy person that you can pair with your attack people. Good attack people in admiral are Locutus, T'kuvma, Killy, Assimilated Tuvok, Rura Penthe Reed and the Duras Sisters merge card.

Doesn't Killy trigger at 4s (or close to it) in a Krayton? There's no ship that cloaks at 4s. Your strategy sounds good for any other ship, but not the Krayton, unless it behaves in some way that I do not understand.
    Farewell 🖖
    Commander
    gzowztv4vnuf.png

Captain
    d3jyhg6knjbs.png

Admiral
    3dg5k4y65h2o.png

Doesn't Killy trigger at 4s (or close to it) in a Krayton? There's no ship that cloaks at 4s. Your strategy sounds good for any other ship, but not the Krayton, unless it behaves in some way that I do not understand.

The Krayton only reduces cooldown times, not initialize times.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Commander
    gzowztv4vnuf.png

Captain
    d3jyhg6knjbs.png

Admiral
    3dg5k4y65h2o.png

It is important to know the init time for all direct damage crew.
    Killy's init is 6 seconds. If you battle regularly in Admiral division.
    I think I tried 2 T'Mir's with no success but I only have a 3FFE Locutus.
    I might give it a try again just to see if it has any success.
    T'Mir is 4 sec init. I believe direct damage is 200%. So if both hit only like hitting with one Killy.

If I try it again, I will go with FFFE Pike, 4FFE Scott, and two FFFE T'Mir.
    The only way I think this has a chance, if instant damage can Crit.

This might stand a better chance, in IKS T'Ong or the cube.
    Locutus can be quite effective at 5/5 chipping away at the enemy's shields before they can cloak. My Locutus is 3/5 and stinks at it, got to get him more stars.
    Let’s fly!
    edited March 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Commander
    gzowztv4vnuf.png

Captain
    d3jyhg6knjbs.png

Admiral
    3dg5k4y65h2o.png

The Krayton only reduces cooldown times, not initialize times.

Someone with Killies in their D'Kora Krayton just hit me at 4 seconds before I could cloak. I tested it myself with my own D'Kora and hit a bird of prey before it could cloak with my Killy. The initialize is being counted as cooldown and gets reduced with the D'Kora special. It should be noted though that I killed the D'Kora even with its first hit and my D'Kora was easily killed by the bird of prey. D'Kora Krayton is not a good ship compared to other choices.
    Let’s fly!
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Congrats ByloBand. What is your Admiral setup?
    I tried the Krayton for a couple of weeks, but could never win more than 50%. I just switched back to the T'Ong with Duras Sisters, Killy, T'Kuvma and RP Commandant. I've won all but 1 since the switch. Both Killy and RPC are 2/5 FE.
    Congrats ByloBand. What is your Admiral setup?
    I tried the Krayton for a couple of weeks, but could never win more than 50%. I just switched back to the T'Ong with Duras Sisters, Killy, T'Kuvma and RP Commandant. I've won all but 1 since the switch. Both Killy and RPC are 2/5 FE.

Rura Penthe Commandant, Undercover O'brien, Ardra, Saboteur Garak. As for tactics, it depends on the opponent's ship but the Krayton is really adaptable; it can actually go off before the T'ong can cloak, which is handy.
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    I am almost every day first place in Admiral without instant damage crew.
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMDG wrote: »

which crew do you run and which ship?
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current Admiral division set-up, with which I can hit #1 consistently:

IKS T'Ong
    Seat 1 CMD: Rura Penthe Commandant
    Seat 2 SEC: Covert Operative Leland
    Seat 3 DIP: Locutus of Borg
    Seat 4 ENG: Undercover O'Brien

Attack sequence:
    1. Locutus (1s to inflict some damage quickly)
    2. T'Ong: Cloak (6s; can be engaged before Killy and will last until after T'Kuvma & Mirror Phlox)
    3. O'Brien (18k crit bonus, tied with Ardra for highest in the game)
    4. Commandant (6s to inflict 400% instant damage)
    5. Leland (8s to inflict 400% instant damage)
    6. T'Ong's Yellow Box Thingie (8s to inflict 350% instant damage)
    7. Locutus (ready to go again if needed after Commandant & Leland have worn off, and usually with 1s left to pair with O'Brien)

I'll also engage the T'Ong's Blue Box Thingie for 15% Hull Repair whenever it's needed, usually between the T'Ong's Yellow Box Thingie and Locutus.

Also, here's a tip: If you rely on Mirror Phlox, consider substituting with Waitress Ezri. She matches his stats (except their passive ones). They might avoid picking your ship to attack because they fear Phlox, but they've forgotten all about Ezri. They pick your ship, thinking they've found weaker prey than all the ships staffed with Phlox and then BAM! Five seconds in, you're inflicting 200% damage anyway.
  • The thing I get bored with is running the same lineup as everyone else in the Admiral Division.

For that reason alone, I use the NX-01 Enterprise, leaning on Position instead of cloak and I've hit No. 1 with it.

CMD: T'Kuvma
    SEC: Locutus
    ENG: Aviator Yar
    DIP: Etana
    • Locutus gives me the instant attack.
    • Yar and Etana have ridiculous attack (+11) and evasion (+11) boosts that kick in at 6 seconds, just fast enough to mean a Killy-enabled opponent often misses. Both last for 12 seconds.
    • The NX-01 also has a Deflector Pulse at 10 seconds that gives me a +2 to accuracy and reduces hull damage by 30%
    • I use T'Kuvma (if necessary) when an opportune moment appears: either the opponent's evasion drops or my own damage is getting high

It's not the best possible setup - I still think that's the T'Ong - but it's a lot more fun to play and more than capable of winning most fights.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    If your crew space is limited, Crell Moset is a decent sub for Ardra. He actually has a bigger accuracy boost when FF (8 vs 7), with a 15,000 boost to critical (vs 18,000 for Ardra). His passive stats are comparable or even slightly better than hers. One negative is 10 secs active vs Ardra's 12 secs.
    edited May 2019
    Krayton (ever since rebalancing)
    - Mirror Spock for Accuracy at 1s
    - Locutus for Attack at 1s
    - Krayton cooldown reduction
    - Killy because she's hot at 4s
    - RPC for 400% damage at 4s
    - Krayton 350% damage at 4s

Battle is over at 5s (win or lose; before you cloak) with 95% success rate. I rarely fall out of top 1,100 so defense seems respectable.
    Farewell 🖖
    Webberoni wrote: »
    If your crew space is limited, Crell Moset is a decent sub for Ardra. He actually has a bigger accuracy boost when FF (8 vs 7), with a 15,000 boost to critical (vs 18,000 for Ardra). His passive stats are comparable or even slightly better than hers. One negative is 10 secs active vs Ardra's 12 secs.

If run a T’Ong or Bounty, longer initialize times aren’t really an issue. Crell Moset has been on my arena crew for years and has been great.
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭

Bounty with Duras Sisters, Surak, Ru'afo and BR Bashir.

Bounty with Duras Sisters, Surak, Ru'afo and BR Bashir.

I tried Attack Speed and couldn't get it to work as well as you are. Congrats on that. Do you have to be picky about who you battle? Are there any combinations that you avoid?
    Farewell 🖖