Home The Bridge

Streak or Loot Box at the End?

SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
Just as the title alludes to, when you won your character from the Gauntlet (albeit Locutus, Guinan, or Caretaker), did you get them on a streak (how long), or in a loot box at the conclusion of the Gauntlet?

Just curious to see the results... And thanks to everyone in advance for taking the time to post.
“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

Comments

• SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    3x caretaker - 2 from loot boxes, 1 from streak
    6x locutus - 3 streak, 3 loot boxes
    3x guinan - 3 loot boxes.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Locutus #1, Streak of 3
    Locutus #2, Loot box
    Locutus #3, streak of 6
    Guinan #1, Streak of 12
    Guinan #2, streak or 21
    Caretaker #1, Streak of 6
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first Locutus was from a rank 70ish finish.
    My first Caretaker was from a 27 streak, my last was a 12 streak.
    In between, I've received the gauntlet crew reward from rank 1 finishes and streaks as low as 3.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only started tracking it fully with Caretaker:

Started the Caretaker gauntlet at 8506 rounds
    Caretaker #1 at round 9944 (15 streak crate)
    Caretaker #2 at round 10135 (39 streak crate)
    Caretaker #3 at round 10161 (1st place vault)
    Currently at 10773 rounds.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Both Guinan and Caretaker from streaks...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the odds of a drop are sooo low that it pretty much doesn’t matter what box you open. Opening any box is the key.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the odds of a drop are sooo low that it pretty much doesn’t matter what box you open. Opening any box is the key.

Agreed. And because the chance is so low, there’s some alarming swings/variations. Look at my stats above, I got 3 caretakers within 217 rounds.
  • [GoT] Unsober Shimoda[GoT] Unsober Shimoda ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    • Locutus (x1): Loot Crate
    • Guinan (x3): Streak of 12; Streak of 6; and loot crate (pleasantly enough, the loot crate copy dropped at the end of a gauntlet where I had gotten one from a streak box
    • Caretake (x1): Streak of 3
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

That is crazy luck. I haven't got any of the legends yet and fully expect that to continue.

When you get purple trainers from a top level box you know luck isn't with you
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »

That is crazy luck. I haven't got any of the legends yet and fully expect that to continue.

When you get purple trainers from a top level box you know luck isn't with you

He had good Locutus luck and has had awesome Caretaker luck so far.

Guinan not so much...she was around for over twice as long as Locutus.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    frustrating to see people with 10+ Gauntlet Golds with the same amount of rounds as me... urgh
    For the record my one and only Guinan was from a loot box at the end
  • Caretaker from a loot box.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Typically place between 1st & 5th now (starting in Guinan era), never have seen any of the characters drop from final rewards.

I did get 2 Guinans, both from a streak of 3.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I unfortunately started after Locutus but I got

3x Guinan from streak and 2x from 1st place loot box (in same gauntlet event).
    1x Caretaker at this point from a streak of 12 I believe.
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    1x Caretaker from loot box on my first time reaching 11th place (due to some lucky round wins).

Began gauntlet maybe halfway into Guinan's run, never got her. My crew was lousy most of the time though so streaks were brief.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The odds are always low, and the winning can be very odd. Like winning several within a low amount of rounds. Then, there are those who have played 10k+ rounds and never won...

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locutus - 1 from a 6w streak, the other likely from a loot box.
    Guinan - 1 from a 6-12w streak, 1 I don't remember, 2 from loot boxes
    Caretaker - 0.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    1 Locutus - 3 streak box
    1 Guinan - 3 streak box
    1 Caretaker - 9th place loot box
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • 1 Locutus 3 Guinan 1 Caretaker. All from very short streaks.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • [NDQ] Joker41NAM[NDQ] Joker41NAM ✭✭✭✭
    1 Locutus from streak, 1 from rank; 1 Guinan from streak.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    2 Caretaker , 1 from 6 streak 1 from loot box when I finished 42nd
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Locutus #1: streak of 9
    Guinan #1: streak of 9
    Guinan #2: loot box
    Banjoman #1 and #2: streak of 3
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I remember my only copy of Guinan came from a Streak of 21, and my 2 copies (thus far - hoping for more ;) ) of The Caretaker have both also come from Streaks (21 & 6).
    As for my Locuti, they happened a longer time ago, and so my memory regarding them is unsure, but my best guess is I got 2 from Streaks and 2 from end of Gauntlet Vaults.

For me individually, what the above says is that Guinan was by far the most difficult to obtain (fortunately got my only copy of her during the time period after it was announced she was leaving, but before she was actually replaced).
  • Streaks - 1 Locutus (15), 4 Guinan (3, 3, 6, 6), 2 Caretaker (3, 6)
    Loot - 1 Guinan
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Locutus x1 3 or 6 streak
    Guinan x 0
    Caretaker x 1 Top 5 box
  • I've gotten 3 Guinans, 1 Locutus, and 1 Caretaker. All of them were from streaks, and all or most of them were fairly low. At least 3 of them were on streaks of 3.
  • Streak awards every time
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guinan was on streaks but it was so long ago I don't remember what number of streaks.
    Caretaker was in a conclusion box for making first for me.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locutus x2 - both streaks, but don't remember how long.
    Guinan x2 - both short streaks (<12, but don't recall exactly).
    Caretaker x2 - both longer streaks - one at 24, one at 18 - on back-to-back days B)
  • I got my one and only Locutus from a special pack a while back (bet im the only one here that got a Locutus that way :sunglasses: )
    And I also got my first Guinan from a streak of 33 (bought her DYC). Then got her 3rd copy from a streak of 9. Finally i got my 4th copy from a streak 3 box (i then bought her DYC a 2nd time to ff her). Still havent gotten the Caretaker.