Home The Bridge

Too many Dip crew

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
We are getting Dip crews constantly since The Andorian mega event.

Ash Tyler
Shras
Cornwell
Pulaski
Tom Paris
Amanda Grayson
Faith Garland
Amanda Grayson
T'Pol
Vreenak
Keras
Mintakan Troi
Ishka
Virtuous Doctor
Alan-A-Dale
Anji
Romulan Picard
Martian Quark
Resistance Neelix
Monster Sato
Bajoran Dukat
Lissan

Please DB I am overstocked with Dip crew could you please give me some other skill...

Comments

• Many of these crew do not have DIP as their main skill.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Many of these crew do not have DIP as their main skill.

I think you'll find only Cornwell is the only one where dip is the secondary skill, the rest have dip as the primary skill. That being said her primary and secondary are pretty even.

The list is also missing Anij as well.

What really needs improvement I feel is CMD (for Super Rare Cards) and ENG IMO possibly even the two skill sets together. I joined in October and my roster shows a distinct lack in this field despite Immortalising Klingon O'Brien, Time Loop Mudd, Mirror Geordi, Young Khan, Buster Kincaid Kim, Niners Rom.

The problem lies in the variation of the Skill Sets IMO

And just to Add further to the list:

There is Bajoran Dukat, Lissan, Martian Quark, Resistance Neelix, Loque'eque Sato, Romulan Picard
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there's a lot of movement into the freezer and not a real excitement anywhere else in crew building. I agree we need more command and engineering right now, even after playing for 9 months or so I'm still quite weak in those skills.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I burned so many holoprograms for champains to create dip protocols, wowies. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I burned so many holoprograms for champains to create dip protocols, wowies. :(

I’m in the same boat. I had a nice stockpile of 15 or 16 holoprograms and leveling Moogie, Mintakan Troi, and a couple others have drained me completely. I think I’ve run into six or seven crew that can’t be leveled due to missing holoprograms...time to run Section 31 missions again.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I always replicate 3* Champagnes even though I have a large stash of holoprograms. Not replicating things like this leads to having no holoprograms.

Also I don't think it would be Trek without Diplomacy. Even crew who we normally don't think of as DIP orientated will have their DIP moments such as Alan-A-Dale.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    I always replicate 3* Champagnes even though I have a large stash of holoprograms. Not replicating things like this leads to having no holoprograms.

Me too...I replicate 3* Champagnes whenever possible, and that's made a big difference in maintaining a good stockpile of holoprograms in spite of the unending waves of new DIP crew!
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I’m in the same boat. I had a nice stockpile of 15 or 16 holoprograms and leveling Moogie, Mintakan Troi, and a couple others have drained me completely. I think I’ve run into six or seven crew that can’t be leveled due to missing holoprograms...time to run Section 31 missions again.
    *looks at stash of 70 holoprograms*

What am I doing wrong?
    Replicating each and every Champagne I meet and farming EAS elite for holoprograms probably (my current weekday cadet crew is Sito - Seska - Dax and it's pretty easy to find useful stuff on each day - for EAS it's MedExperiments and Holoprograms, already farmed over 100 Securities and 50 Idics when I had full crew).
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    *looks at stash of 70 holoprograms*

What am I doing wrong?
    Replicating each and every Champagne I meet and farming EAS elite for holoprograms probably (my current weekday cadet crew is Sito - Seska - Dax and it's pretty easy to find useful stuff on each day - for EAS it's MedExperiments and Holoprograms, already farmed over 100 Securities and 50 Idics when I had full crew).

I got out of the habit of replicating champagne...one of the few times that hitting the Quick Build button hurt more than helped.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this talk about champagne has confused my dabo spin today
    5rohhayhw9zh.png

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Yes there have been a lot of DIP crew lately. And by lately I pretty much mean for the past 2 years. However, I think DB has done a pretty good job matching traits to the Characters they are attached to. Take this weeks Virtuoso EMH. I would have preferred/been more interested in a high MED primary character, but let’s be honest. In that episode his ego was waaay larger than his medical prowess. I would say they stayed true to the character by making DIP primary. I don’t really see this as a problem, because if you have lacked the chance at decent ENG, MED, SCI, or COM crew than I probably have too. So even though it is difficult, we all feel the effects the same. I think because we tend to get a lot of unusual variants of crew they are less likely to offer their regular ENG etc skills. Having said that I would still love a chance to have a shot at some high ENG crew in the near future. I think the last few decent SRs were niners rom, mirror geordi(only really good for gauntlet) and lal.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was always the most common skill, but aside from sometimes wondering why a given character had especially conspicuous stats, I didn't much care. In the era of Voyages, however, it has become an issue. The handy dandy Voyage Estimator devised by @Chewable C++ has identified an ideal balance of skills. It's often tricky to assemble a crew for a Voyage where DIP isn't the strongest skill just by default.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could understand if they would put SCI or ENG skill as a ranked reward (aka pay for getting it) but they aren't even doing that.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    4qzzbox76cmm.gif
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Amazingly diplomacy is my worst prime skill on voyages. Command is my best, then medical, then engineering.

I may have a lot of mediocre diplomats but only 1 superstar in Arachnia 5/5.

I'm about to raise either the Nagus or Professor to 4 stars, but neither will be that great.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."