Home The Bridge

Rachel Garrett in the vault

I wonder how she’ll be released.

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    qq8k2ahwy0vn.jpeg
    (Not my pic)

Probably either a theme pack or worst chance pack.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Probably for a new theme pack, but maybe she will appear in a rerun of The Captain’s Oath?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably for a new theme pack, but maybe she will appear in a rerun of The Captain’s Oath?

I could see re-running Captain's Oath after the mega in July. But that's very early to show up in the vault.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I could see re-running Captain's Oath after the mega in July. But that's very early to show up in the vault.

Yes and no. Didn't Gabriel Bell sit around awhile before being released in his pack?
    Speaking of, and going off on a tangent, DB can we get Bell Riots Bashir and Jadzia sometime soon?
    That's one of my favourite DS9 episodes!
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • edited May 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Yeah, so... maybe it's just me, but I guess I'm having trouble reconciling a crew member who has two skills over 1000 base (with bonuses on the secondary, but only just barely) being called "meh". (I mean, unless there was intended sarcasm which obviously went whooshing over my head.)

That is with @/SSR/ AHSOG's stat bonuses, without those bonuses her stats are really not that good (in my opinion).
  • I had her on Dabo today. I have never FTM'd a new Character, so I decided if I was going to do it, let's do it.

Having a bit of buyer's remorse, though. She is meh FFFE'd... DB: PLEASE, improve her stats before fully releasing her to the public. She deserves better!
    ytz691akyvyf.jpg
    2m64avgmxmh7.jpg

Still congrats quite the accomplishment
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had her on Dabo today. I have never FTM'd a new Character, so I decided if I was going to do it, let's do it.

Having a bit of buyer's remorse, though. She is meh FFFE'd... DB: PLEASE, improve her stats before fully releasing her to the public. She deserves better!
    ytz691akyvyf.jpg
    2m64avgmxmh7.jpg

Great achievement
  • Her closest approximate comparison is Assimilated Janeway. And Janeway is pretty beastly.

bf019lmqg6ch.png

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but her fwo over 1000 stats are COM/SCI which are a fairly rare combo
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's of course somewhat subjective to someones roster I suppose, but I'd love to have a 5/5 Garrett in my crew.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Yes but her fwo over 1000 stats are COM/SCI which are a fairly rare combo

It's a good combo.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • qq8k2ahwy0vn.jpeg
    (Not my pic)

Looks good except for the super blocky helmet she’s wearing that they’re claiming is her hair.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    qq8k2ahwy0vn.jpeg
    (Not my pic)

Looks good except for the super blocky helmet she’s wearing that they’re claiming is her hair.

Her hair did pretty much look like that, though...

xauxt8b4ufpc.jpgio9yr5d2xmb0.jpg

Edit: At least her Klingon character was rockin' a pretty awesome 'do...

153px-Kurak_Full.png

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    qq8k2ahwy0vn.jpeg
    (Not my pic)

Her hair did pretty much look like that, though...

xauxt8b4ufpc.jpgio9yr5d2xmb0.jpg

Edit: At least her Klingon character was rockin' a pretty awesome 'do...

153px-Kurak_Full.png

At least it looks like hair in the episode though. That’s my point; the art looks really good but the hair still looks like one whole piece instead of strands of hair. I know not every artist is perfect at that sort of thing, but seeing as how we pay real, actual money for this art, I’d like for the characters’ hair to actually look like hair, strands and all, not just one big colored block shaped around the crew’s head.

Of course, I could be totally off with this. I mean, I’m only going by what I’ve seen here, and often what I can see on the forum versus what I see in the actual game are two different things. Meaning, she and her hair may look completely different and altogether adequate within the confines of the game.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Stats are subjective to who else you have in your inventory. Compared to someone like First Officer Burnham, who is the most powerful card in the game, Garrett is a little lacking. I'd be happier if she had an extra 100 added to each base skill (for Shuttles), or if her rolls were larger (to make her better for Gauntlet/Voyages). If you compare Voyage score, which is a good mix of Skill and Profs, she is in the top 70, which is why I consider her weak. I'm just saddened that I won't get to use her much in game, as I have so many more useful characters. Obviously, other people's mileage will vary.

Power creep is real, if you think back to the early game, Garrett would be considered much more impressive.
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks to everyone for all the congrats! She could very well be the only one I ever FTM, so when I got her on Dabo, I figured it was fate. Plus, she's from one of my favorite episodes, and the only Enterprise Captain yet to be released. She's actually my 501st Immortal. :)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base stats look pretty similar (in points total) to Surak it's the profficiencies that lets her down IMO, still mid (above average) legendary I would say.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    Surak is 1209 SCI, 717 DIP and 403 CMD (Total 2329), Garrett is 1089 CMD, 996 SCI and 420 DIP (Total 2505), comparing that way, Garrett wins by 176 skill points, but yes, she's far weaker due to the missing roll strength.
  • Thanks to everyone for all the congrats! She could very well be the only one I ever FTM, so when I got her on Dabo, I figured it was fate. Plus, she's from one of my favorite episodes, and the only Enterprise Captain yet to be released. She's actually my 501st Immortal. :)

Nice. Out of curiousity, was she on the very last spin in dabo?
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    2nd to last.
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    First time I leaned that hard into a Dabo table. 11K+ dilithium to get her. Ugh.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    First time I leaned that hard into a Dabo table. 11K+ dilithium to get her. Ugh.

Good gosh...drinks are on the House...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is she the 186th 5* or the 187th? I’ve lost track somehow.... 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • KayJay47KayJay47 ✭✭✭
    Is she the 186th 5* or the 187th? I’ve lost track somehow.... 🖖🏻

Depends on whether you count first her and then Killy, or the other way around...