Home Ready Room
Options

This Game is Just Depressing

edited May 2018 in Ready Room
i05bg1w2afgy.jpg

I have no luck with pack and wheel. The first draw the lowest prize and they have to add a wesley too. The other players got another legendary with lily, such as dax, data, t'pol. I got no unique voyage crew and gauntlet crew.

Comments

• Options
    I feel your pain ;)
  • Options
    The game's odds for getting what you want are usually pretty bad, but keep trying and you'll eventually get that Killy from a pack, or Caretaker from gauntlet.

However, don't ever rely on the Dabo Wheel to give you anything of value. The lowest prize is a regular occurrence. If I get anything from the second line, I consider it a win. This happens maybe twice a month.

P.S. I agree that getting any Wesley is somewhat depressing.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Need Good Legends, if you're just venting about not getting the cool stuff, then ok, we all share your frustration with this at times - in fact, quite often. I agree with Marko Ramius - if you get second row Dabo stuff (and I would go farther and say second row non-schematic stuff), then it's a win. Forget about ever getting the top row - I don't even bother to look at who/what is up there any more.

If you're being more serious about it than that (game is "depressing"), then you need to re-calibrate your expectations. There are very few guaranteed prizes in this game. It is almost entirely driven by rolls of the dice. Do not expect to get anything and you won't be disappointed. Then, when you do get something, be happy about it. Over time, you will eventually get (most of) the things you want to get. But it does take time. Or real money - but don't go down this route unless you can afford to.
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    I can get a prize from the second line of the Dabo wheel most days. Unfortunately it is usually schematics that I already have FF.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    4 months of play and I've never received a top row prize. I'm happy if I get a component I need from the second row but its usually ship schematics for ships I've maxed out. The bad thing about game design is, the more you collect and cryo the more likely your purchase won't get you anything of use.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's the Gauntlet which is depressing ... over 16'000 rounds so far and not a single Guinan (12'000 rounds) or Caretaker (4'000+ rounds). I wasn't even around when Locutus was in the Gauntlet.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    For me it's the Gauntlet which is depressing ... over 16'000 rounds so far and not a single Guinan (12'000 rounds) or Caretaker (4'000+ rounds). I wasn't even around when Locutus was in the Gauntlet.

I do have to say, that's very depressing. I never got a Locutus, but then again I was kinda new at the time and didn't have the crew for it. I did get 1 Guinan and 1 Caretaker. However, some people on here tell tales of getting 3 and 4 copies of these crew as if DB is giving them away like Oprah gives away houses. I don't even think it's possible. All the stories are myths. haha
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have to say, that's very depressing. I never got a Locutus, but then again I was kinda new at the time and didn't have the crew for it. I did get 1 Guinan and 1 Caretaker. However, some people on here tell tales of getting 3 and 4 copies of these crew as if DB is giving them away like Oprah gives away houses. I don't even think it's possible. All the stories are myths. haha

I thought I saw someone say they got a total of 12 copies of Guinan from the gauntlet. I seem to recall they also had a screenshot showing two FF’d and one 2/5* in their crew...I can’t imagine the RNG success or resources spent on extending streaks...
  • Options

Some of those myths are true..... And depressing at the same time. I never got a locutus, I attribute that to me not having decent gauntlet crew at the time, so I had fewer wins.
    When I got good crew, I managed to get 7 guinans. I was about to start merging a second copy, when she got replaced.
    However, even with around 10 boxes opened each day (on average), I also still haven't seen a caretaker yet....

Luck of the draw.
  • Options
    WD-40WD-40 ✭✭

Some of those myths are true..... And depressing at the same time. I never got a locutus, I attribute that to me not having decent gauntlet crew at the time, so I had fewer wins.
    When I got good crew, I managed to get 7 guinans. I was about to start merging a second copy, when she got replaced.
    However, even with around 10 boxes opened each day (on average), I also still haven't seen a caretaker yet....

Luck of the draw.

Never got a Guinan despite frequent top 10 finishes. I have 3 Caretakers. Luck of the draw.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Luck of the draw.

Never got a Guinan despite frequent top 10 finishes. I have 3 Caretakers. Luck of the draw.

And I'm the exact opposite. Got 3 Guinans, still haven't gotten a Caretaker (nor did I ever win a Locutus, and I've been playing Gauntlet since it was created).
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    It seems odd where people who have won the gauntlet multiple times are complaining that others have won it more when there are many players who have never won the legend
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    It seems odd where people who have won the gauntlet multiple times are complaining that others have won it more when there are many players who have never won the legend

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Even though the people who live 12 blocks down in the other direction don't even have grass on their lawn. And the people who live 12 blocks further down don't even have a home.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Hunter247 wrote: »

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Even though the people who live 12 blocks down in the other direction don't even have grass on their lawn. And the people who live 12 blocks further down don't even have a home.

I have retirees on both sides of me. They cut their grass every other day and are out there doing yard work every single day. They bust my chops about my lawn while I lay in the grass and enjoy the day. Last summer when it was hot, their grass turned brown. My clover stayed a lush green, the greenest lawn on the block. There is no point to this story. Or is there?

• Options
    I just get tired of constantly being pitted against characters whose points far outstrip my characters. I get to play a few hands, and then boom! My max of 369 points for a trait is pitted against characters going from 750 to over 1,000. And yeah, I can spend merits refreshing to play a few more hands, but it is so depressing, I'd rather spend them on things available through the factions.
  • Options
    Dabo is good for the first spin, maybe second if you're not f2p and still need the ship schematics there and/or have an army of crew "asking" for items.

Leave the yellow +-sign or building wrench on an item you'd most like to see drop more in gauntlet and dabo. Then it is not perfect, but dabo will have more of those items show up and they will also drop more often in gauntlet.

For example, I have a 1/3 Wesley in a crew slot just for the purpose of farming 2* SCI experiments.

But my real bread comes from playing events. It's the one sure and affordable way to build my crew. I'll never get the pack-only crews I'd love like Ziyal, Culber, Tosk.
  • Options
    Q'r Abrath wrote: »
    I just get tired of constantly being pitted against characters whose points far outstrip my characters. I get to play a few hands, and then boom! My max of 369 points for a trait is pitted against characters going from 750 to over 1,000. And yeah, I can spend merits refreshing to play a few more hands, but it is so depressing, I'd rather spend them on things available through the factions.

Doesn't change much when you get higher up in Guantlet - It was a good idea when most players where fresh and character levels diverse; but now whales (like me) have all the same crew, and it's our FF/FE guy against his exact duplicate or near enough. No way to get a good run any more.
  • Options
    Ah I rarely get anything other than the bottom tier items, I wouldn't say its depressing because you go into the roulette on the basis that you'll get nothing much and if you get something good its a bonus.
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    The dabo is crazy. I still need schematics, but am getting more components. After a few k rounds, the best gauntlet prize was rare equipment I needed. I just try to get a merit profit to buy crew. Don't expect much from these.
  • Options
    Don't worry, once your ship has been maxed out, you will score plenty schematics in Dabo ;)
  • Options
    @ wrote: »
    The dabo is crazy. I still need schematics, but am getting more components. After a few k rounds, the best gauntlet prize was rare equipment I needed. I just try to get a merit profit to buy crew. Don't expect much from these.

I usually get schematics every 3rd or 4th roll. Pretty much never on the first roll though. I do have to wonder if the wheel is Quarked.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything past 2 rolls is a waste of dilithium. Unless you want to $pend to clear the board for some reason.
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    Haha, I just got a super rare from Dabo! Boy, was it a surprise!
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Q'r Abrath wrote: »

Doesn't change much when you get higher up in Guantlet - It was a good idea when most players where fresh and character levels diverse; but now whales (like me) have all the same crew, and it's our FF/FE guy against his exact duplicate or near enough. No way to get a good run any more.

I get so frustrated by the gauntlet because I'll be really careful about matchups, go on a small win streak, then wind up losing a match where my traits were higher than the matchups. No way I should lose, right? Wrong. Bam. Everytime. The gauntlet is Quarked for certain.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    I usually go 3 rounds of Dabo per day and mostly get 2 from the bottom row and one from the middle. I didn't get a top row pick for an entire year, then 3 over 3 months.

I never got Locutus. I got Guinan in the last week she was available and ended up with 2 copies out of gauntlet.

So far, I have 4 Caretakers, 1 which came from the first set of 3 wins. You just never know....
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    Do NOT play any roulette games in any game. My current rule of thumb is two draws per day (5000 credits and 10 Dilithium) to get ship schematics. I've tried to spend more, and got nothing.
  • Options
    I'll spend extra but only if the draw has lots of stuff i need. I've picked up 1 top row once early on, and even tried buying everything underneath when I really needed a particular 2 4*'s but I just ended up with the 2 bottom rows cleaned out, and the next roll was hideously expensive.
    now i stci to 5000cr * 1-3 extras
  • Options
    event my fleet is half abandon0c0txdn46pbg.png
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    event my fleet is half abandon0c0txdn46pbg.png

If your squad leader isn't putting up shared crew, time to move to another squad or another fleet. There are plenty of good ones out there.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I spend a lot of pull. I still have no 5 star dax