Home The Bridge

Just a reminder.... don't clam your Archer....

EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
..... if you want to double up on your Captain Killy tomorrow.

Comments

• S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how is that connected???
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    I don't see how is that connected???

I am sure other people can explain this better then me but there is like a 72 hour cooling off period between the 24.99 double you crew offer... so if you claim Archer now, you wont get the offer for Killy tomorrow. it only makes a difference to those in the top 1000 who are planning to buy that offer.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is good advice. I wouldn't have the choice, anyway; I was lucky enough to finally get the Caretaker yesterday.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    People who got a double up yesterday got a double up today for Archer. Though we have no way of knowing if that will go through to tomorrow.
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    People who got a double up yesterday got a double up today for Archer. Though we have no way of knowing if that will go through to tomorrow.

Yeah, I was just reading that in another post...maybe they have removed the "cooling off period" and just didn't tell me lol
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Etienne wrote: »

Yeah, I was just reading that in another post...maybe they have removed the "cooling off period" and just didn't tell me lol

Or any of us.

Still to play it safe. Do Killy first then Archer.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

I took one of the purchased event packs and managed to get two gold on Thursday. Only the first gold had the DYC offer. Which was annoying as the second crew was Killy who I would have wanted to double.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I avoided buying packs and doing merit pulls all weekend to make sure I would get Tilly doubles up on Monday. Then I claimed the Archer and the DYC popped up. I was like NNNNOOOO!!!!!!!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I avoided buying packs and doing merit pulls all weekend to make sure I would get Tilly doubles up on Monday. Then I claimed the Archer and the DYC popped up. I was like NNNNOOOO!!!!!!!

You may want to make sure that you have 24 hours before you claim Killy tomorrow.
    You may still get that DYC.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    For $25 you could buy the 2 ardra and 5 event packs deal. Good chance of a Killy and lots of other stuff.
    Let’s fly!
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

You may want to make sure that you have 24 hours before you claim Killy tomorrow.
    You may still get that DYC.

I was thinking of holding out on claiming the rewards
    For $25 you could buy the 2 ardra and 5 event packs deal. Good chance of a Killy and lots of other stuff.

Well I do have one immortalized from buying packs. I have 2 more copies from packs and if all goes as it has, I’ll finish top 25 to get two more. A DYC would give me two of her immortalized.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just seems like the double up deal should be less than $25, like $15. But I guess lots of people buy it at $25 so the price will not be reduced.
    Let’s fly!
    Just seems like the double up deal should be less than $25, like $15. But I guess lots of people buy it at $25 so the price will not be reduced.

I agree, or have a choice as someone suggested earlier because I really don’t need the equipment to get her to level 50

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually what turns me off is that the difference in base points between the first and second stars of a legendary is like 20 to 30. It's really not worth the $25 for a slightly higher base score. For me, legendaries are all about their proficiency.
    Actually what turns me off is that the difference in base points between the first and second stars of a legendary is like 20 to 30. It's really not worth the $25 for a slightly higher base score. For me, legendaries are all about their proficiency.

This is why I am not biting on the DYC for EV Archer. Not worth it stat wise
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the second star is the "pain point". Not notable really. The final star on peeps like Culber, Zhian'tara Odo, FO Burnham, Durango Troi etc. is a completely different story. Complete they explode with power in their prime skills....

• Etienne wrote: »

Just don't claim your event rewards until Tuesday or Wednesday until 72hrs have passed. #Simples
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I bought the DYC on Archer. But I just wanted to give DB some thanks for the freebie. I believe the DYC should be less than $25. I only buy it for recurring megaevent bonus crew. And my plan for the upcoming is to use honor and not the DYC.

If it was $15 I would buy it more often. I suppose in the future, I should hold off thanking DB by buying DYC, and make some other purchase as thanks.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Just don't claim your event rewards until Tuesday or Wednesday until 72hrs have passed. #Simples

We are not sure if it is 72 hours anymore.
    I will determine tomorrow if it is at most 24 hours now.
    And then later if at most 12 hours, though this depends on 24 hrs. being true.

Edit: my 24.25 hour test failed. Still could be random if you get it the offer or not.
  • I only buy a DYC if the card is less than level 30. So if I get new 5 star and have the money available I will buy it. Bought one for Killy yesterday and as I got the offer to Archer today bought it again.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can I mussel him though?

What a shellfish thing to say!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    can I mussel him though?

What a shellfish thing to say!

Well conch me over the head and call me Porthos.

I got the offer yesterday for the Caretaker, but not today.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I got the offer yesterday for the Caretaker, but not today.
    Too bad. It might of been temporary change of countdown timer then.
    Or maybe still possibly 24 hours.

Edit: My 24.25 hours since getting DYC on Archer which i did buy, failed.
    Possible that buying offer makes a different cooldown timer active?
    Could have been randomness on getting offer.
    Or only temporary change.

• S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Lol he got two Caretakers in two days...

I got 0 Gauntlet legendaries in 8 months
  • middleheadmiddlehead ✭✭✭
    I just got a doubling offer on Tilly after getting one Saturday night. It does seem that it's at least down to 24 hours.
    edited May 2018
    S31 wrote: »
    Lol he got two Caretakers in two days...

I got 0 Gauntlet legendaries in 8 months

No, just the one. But it took neigh on 9 months for a gauntlet crew. I hope you can get one soon.
  • Had caretaker DYC pop Saturday night at about 11pm. Just had the Killy DYC pop at 12:30 today. That's only about 37 hrs. I haven't claimed Archer yet so I will wait until about 1pm tomorrow and see if the DYC has been reduced to 24hrs.