Home The Bridge

Just a reminder.... don't clam your Archer....

2»

Comments

• arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they change the cool down to just the length of the DYC offer ? 12hrs?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    arjuna wrote: »
    I wonder if they change the cool down to just the length of the DYC offer ? 12hrs?

Can at least partially confirm.

I had one pop this morning for someone I got in the portal. Gave in and claimed Archer, and it didn't pop for him while the DYC offer was still active.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    arjuna wrote: »

I think it’s 24. I claimed Archer yesterday afternoon and didn’t get it for Killy today. Earlier in the week I did get it a few times in less than the original 72.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the offer on Archer because I had one on the Caretaker the night before. But I just got the offer this morning after claiming the Borg Queen from a pull. I suspect 24 hours.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually what turns me off is that the difference in base points between the first and second stars of a legendary is like 20 to 30. It's really not worth the $25 for a slightly higher base score. For me, legendaries are all about their proficiency.

After looking at EV Suit Archer's proficiency stats, I decided to go ahead and dismiss him. He has fantastic traits, but I'd never use him in the Gauntlet, and there are several other existing 5*'s that I'd rather dedicate a crew slot to indefinitely ahead of him. It's still disappointing to be reminded that a 5* is only worth 550 Honor, but whatever.

No one should misread this as complaining or a lack of gratitude. I was thrilled to see the unexpected message with the Archer in my inbox! It felt like an olive branch of sorts to those players who have requested an Archer event these last two years. As someone who was part of that movement, I thought it was a lovely gesture, if that was indeed the impetus for it.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually what turns me off is that the difference in base points between the first and second stars of a legendary is like 20 to 30. It's really not worth the $25 for a slightly higher base score. For me, legendaries are all about their proficiency.

After looking at EV Suit Archer's proficiency stats, I decided to go ahead and dismiss him. He has fantastic traits, but I'd never use him in the Gauntlet, and there are several other existing 5*'s that I'd rather dedicate a crew slot to indefinitely ahead of him. It's still disappointing to be reminded that a 5* is only worth 550 Honor, but whatever.

No one should misread this as complaining or a lack of gratitude. I was thrilled to see the unexpected message with the Archer in my inbox! It felt like an olive branch of sorts to those players who have requested an Archer event these last two years. As someone who was part of that movement, I thought it was a lovely gesture, if that was indeed the impetus for it.

I totally agree. Yes, I love Enterprise but I airlocked him as well. Also airlocked all Mirror Picards including the gift one. Airlocked Merry Worf. And airlocked Kung Fu Sarek once the event was over. I too wholeheartedly appreciate the gestures, just not my kinda crew. Funny though, I had EV Archer next to an unleveled Tilly. Toggling back and forth I noticed they had the exact same base stats in the exact same skill categories at level one.

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Archer is still in my Inbox, I might claim him if I'm lucky enough to pull another 4 copies. 550 Honour aint worth airlocking him for and at least in my e-mail hes not taking up a crew slot.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    My Archer is still in my Inbox, I might claim him if I'm lucky enough to pull another 4 copies. 550 Honour aint worth airlocking him for and at least in my e-mail hes not taking up a crew slot.

Jim

In the same boat... though I will claim him if I manage to get my other Archers leveled up before the event.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, I FE'd EV Suit Archer soon after getting him and he's been on 3 voyages since. More useful than half the legendaries in my crew.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    So If you don't clam your Archer, can you oyster him?
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as this event has nearly no bonus crew, it was an easy decision to claim and FE him... without him I might not have even been able to threshold this coming event
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Funny though, I had EV Archer next to an unleveled Tilly. Toggling back and forth I noticed they had the exact same base stats in the exact same skill categories at level one.

Yeah, traits, graphic and name oc excluded it also doesn´t change much FE/FF. Some small differences in base and proficiency apart. So that version of Archer was the template for creating Killy really...

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Funny though, I had EV Archer next to an unleveled Tilly. Toggling back and forth I noticed they had the exact same base stats in the exact same skill categories at level one.

Yeah, traits, graphic and name oc excluded it also doesn´t change much FE/FF. Some small differences in base and proficiency apart. So that version of Archer was the template for creating Killy really...

I was wondering how the matchup would look at level 100

• middleheadmiddlehead ✭✭✭
    I waited a day after getting the Tilly offer (that I did not buy), specifically about 25.5 hours, and did get a doubling offer on Archer. So it seems it is down to 24 hours, at least if you don't buy.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    middlehead wrote: »
    I waited a day after getting the Tilly offer (that I did not buy), specifically about 25.5 hours, and did get a doubling offer on Archer. So it seems it is down to 24 hours, at least if you don't buy.

I did not restart my ap. I did get the DYC for Killy. I bought the DYC offer for Archer. I waited 24 hours plus 15 minutes from the initial receiving of Archer’s DYC before claiming Killy from rewards.

It does look like 24 hours is the cool down between DYC offers.
    My 12 hour test failed to trigger DYC. But still is possible since offer does not always trigger because of RNG.