Home The Bridge
Options

Props on the new load screen.

95koqpgiypbc.png
This is an epic picture, and straight up baller IMO.
STAR TREK JUNKIES

Comments

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dig it, too. It took me a little while to decide whether I liked the placement of the station on the left and Khan on the right, but ultimately concluded that I like it better this way, with Khan having his back to DS9. It's passive-aggressive petty, which isn't Khan's modus operandi, per se, but I think it works.

Also, I know it's greedy, but I'd love the app icon to be changed from the Enterprise-D to either the Defiant or DS9. That'd be sweet.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, but I find the stretched image of DS9 a bit jarring. It should be a perfect circle.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even recognize the station as DS9, it is just too 2 dimensional from the top perspective and looks rather flat!
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I think DS9 should look like this:

8c7n9clfia6f.jpeg

Instead it looks more like this (maybe to a lesser degree but it’s still distorted):

osp7ovzcq133.jpeg

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe it's my OCD nature but I would prefer Khan and DS9 to switch sides, or perhaps khan inverted to look the other way.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, not my favourite. The slightly smushed DS9 is off-putting, Khan is facing the wrong way, and the orange background is blah.

Imagine a non-smushed DS9 on a starfield with Darth Bashir - that would've been cool.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB has an aspect ratio problem.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    The loading screen probably resizes itself based on the exact aspect ratio of your device's screen.

It would have been far less obvious (and more aesthetically pleasing) if they had used a different vantage point of the station than exactly north to south (top-down).
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dig it, too. It took me a little while to decide whether I liked the placement of the station on the left and Khan on the right, but ultimately concluded that I like it better this way, with Khan having his back to DS9. It's passive-aggressive petty, which isn't Khan's modus operandi, per se, but I think it works.

Also, I know it's greedy, but I'd love the app icon to be changed from the Enterprise-D to either the Defiant or DS9. That'd be sweet.

I thought the same. The app updated to the Ent-D and I was pleased. But then the loading screen popped up and I was suddenly wishing for the Defiant.

Missed opportunity: loading screen having a bunch of trashed runabouts on April Fool's Day. Just sayin'
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the same. The app updated to the Ent-D and I was pleased. But then the loading screen popped up and I was suddenly wishing for the Defiant.

Missed opportunity: loading screen having a bunch of trashed runabouts on April Fool's Day. Just sayin'

They even have the Defiant DaVinci line-art as the cover on the Facebook page.

al6nc42eidch.png
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

They even have the Defiant DaVinci line-art as the cover on the Facebook page.

al6nc42eidch.png

ooooo we need that!
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Elynduil wrote: »
    The loading screen probably resizes itself based on the exact aspect ratio of your device's screen.

It would have been far less obvious (and more aesthetically pleasing) if they had used a different vantage point of the station than exactly north to south (top-down).

Resizing based on device was my first thought, but after seeing a few screenshots they all look the same?

Also, I’m on an iPhone X with a widescreen display (19.5:9). The image of DS9 appears stretched vertically and not horizontally like one might expect to help it fit if it were adapting to different size screens.

ufoshe8uv91r.png
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @{ACE} Admiral Pasty - Good point. I hadn't taken that into account. Maybe the graphic designer just doesn't care about resizing while maintaining aspect ratio. Although... there could be more to it than that. The core ops section also looks off-center, somehow.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    It looks like a steering wheel until looked at twice
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wunder though why Young Khan is featured instead of Darth Bashir. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wunder though why Young Khan is featured instead of Darth Bashir. :)

I figured it was just to underscore that the Augments are half of this mega-event, whereas Bashir would visually have just represented DS9. Kinda wish they'd gone with Wrathful Khan instead of Young Khan, but nobody asked me.