Home The Bridge
Options

Poor customer service

2»

Comments

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are CS agents who don't play the game and don't understand why pulling on Wednesday is different than pulling on Saturday/Sunday. You need to spell it out for them. They also have specific scenarios and responses . They have to escalate or seek approval to give compensation outside the normal outlined responses
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frylock
    You do have a point. Attitude does make a difference. The OP is being treated like he made the mistake with the attitude from CS.
  • Options
    CrushinatorCrushinator ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Please allow me to clarify. I resent any allegations of “entitlement”. I can see where my comments may be misinterpreted that way however. So let me clarify. First, I agree that it is important when dealing with any CS to suggest possible resolutions. Thus my references to packs, event crew, sorrytons, etc. The pack I reveieved was all trash and converted to honor or replicated fodder. True, that is some benefit but 500 honor and a little replicator fodder is not someth8ng I would spend even 150 dil for. If it was an event crew and trash, that was what I been willing to accept. If a 5* and trash but no event, I do not know how I would have approached it. So the initial ticket is only part 1 and a separate issue.

What has me angry is the CS response and especially his insinuation that refunding the dil for THEIR error was a “one-time courtesy”. Do not name Support Rep, thanks ˜Shan Waiting to hear from the supervisor but my point remains that this was not a “courtesy” and I believe there should at least been a “sorry we screwed up”. Since big companies really have no way to be genuine (not said as a negative, just a reality since they are not physical entities) the only way to show regret is through actions.
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    I bought a weekly pack once. Last spot was a non behold gold which wasn't in the offer. I figured it was supposed to be a behold and I offered to trade. They offered 650 dil and to remove it with no trade saying I bought the wrong pack. I opted to keep it since it was the 4th star. Just depends on the CS agent.
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Always heard you keep the pack stuff. Was sad to see them try to remove it.
  • Options
    Goes both ways. I have had excellent fast customer service that more than compensated for my problem, and I have had galactically awful CS that lasted for several weeks. They basically blamed me for their issue and refused to adequately compensate me. I mean like Comcast level bad, maybe even worse. I have also had rude reps that kept closing the ticket without resolving anything.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consistency is the problem, I've had a LOT of no notification on voyages running low and I put in a ticket each time and most times CS refunds my revive dilithium then after about 4 of those in a row I run into one person at CS that gives me a hard time about it.
    Better consistency across CS reps would do wonders
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Consistency is the problem, I've had a LOT of no notification on voyages running low and I put in a ticket each time and most times CS refunds my revive dilithium then after about 4 of those in a row I run into one person at CS that gives me a hard time about it.
    Better consistency across CS reps would do wonders

I have had this issue too quite regularly. I think if you lose connection with the server and reconnect, it affects some of the messaging system. It happens if my phone is in my pocket throughout the day. My voyage reminder disappears and my arena rewards don't show up unless I go into the message centre. I find restarting the game clears it all up and all the reminders/messages are back. I generally restart as a rule before undertaking large tasks such as starting an event or dropping a supply kit in anticipation of using a boat load of chronitons.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely depends on the CS rep and perhaps how often you send tickets in. My experiences are ok, sometimes good, sometimes bad. They've definitely started to take longer to reply than they used to. I wait two days and then ping an empty e-mail and they respond in a few hours. I normally report bugs, once a gauntlet issue. Trivial stuff but at the time seemed important....
    The OH has only sent a ticket once and his advisor was amazing. Sent him stuff they'd told me previously they aren't able to send, he was very well compensated for an error that was actually his own fault (it was only this morning he was compensated so i still feeling the jealousy :D ) Really I feel it just depends who you get.
    Now that I've been playing a couple of months and can see the game is based more on sheer luck I spend my monthly dilithium and that's it. Therefore if I do lose out its not by more than pocket change a month.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been satisfied with my customer service experiences. Yes it can be frustrating that it takes 2-3 days to get things resolved but that is how it is with most of these games. To have a quicker response time would require more employees which would cause a large increase in game purchases. Also, some of the problems we have is not caused by DB but by Apple or Google. I had a problem with in game purchases where I could not purchase anything on my Apple game account and the problem was solely with Apple and a bad update they did to their game center. Since this game is on so many different platforms there are many more issues that result and need to be resolved.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Wendell - you really made me chuckle. “Comcast level bad” really paints a picture and I am sure Comcast appreciates being the standard in bad CS. DB is approaching but do have a ways to go.

Sounds like the main issues would be solved with more consistency, prompter responses (or at least an option for time sensitive/event problems). It would be a big step if they admit when a problem is their fault (event pack with no event crew despite guarantee of same)
  • Options
    Kudos to the form moderators for not deleting this thread like I was expecting. That was MY fault for the false assumption and I apologize for it.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda surprised they refunded Dilithium in the case of not getting a notification and missing recalling your Voyage. That's not anything I would ever submit a ticket for. Notifications for this have been awful for a long time, and yes, it would be nice if they weren't — and if we consistently saw warning notifications on the main screen — but it seems to me that if you miss your recall, it's nobody's fault but your own. I say this having had to abandon half a dozen Voyages on my F2P account in the past week and a half, which were frustrating, but again, I only had myself to blame, as I should've been watching them more closely.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Kudos to the form moderators for not deleting this thread like I was expecting. That was MY fault for the false assumption and I apologize for it.

Its likely to get heavily moderated come tomorrow (since you posted this over the holiday).

In particular, they strongly dislike naming of specific CS reps and direct quotes of said CS reps without their expressed permission.

Self-censoring that information might be a show of good faith?
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I'm kinda surprised they refunded Dilithium in the case of not getting a notification and missing recalling your Voyage. That's not anything I would ever submit a ticket for. Notifications for this have been awful for a long time, and yes, it would be nice if they weren't — and if we consistently saw warning notifications on the main screen — but it seems to me that if you miss your recall, it's nobody's fault but your own. I say this having had to abandon half a dozen Voyages on my F2P account in the past week and a half, which were frustrating, but again, I only had myself to blame, as I should've been watching them more closely.

The whole purpose of the notifications is that you don't have to watch the voyage like a hawk. If you miss it because the voyage has failed due to a bug it is perfectly reasonable to raise a ticket with CS
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »

The whole purpose of the notifications is that you don't have to watch the voyage like a hawk. If you miss it because the voyage has failed due to a bug it is perfectly reasonable to raise a ticket with CS

I don't mean to be contrary, it's just that from my point of view, when you don't get a notification about being low on antimatter and you miss your Voyage's recall, it's not because of a bug that the Voyage failed, but rather because the Voyage simply ran out of AM. The notification was incidental to the failure. (And really, notifications aren't needed in order to estimate how much more time you'll get from a Voyage — I figure 1200 AM for each hour of Voyage time (1400 to be certain), so I can figure out how much more I'll get out of it after a Dilemma.) To me, it would be the same as asking for a higher rank in a Faction event because you didn't send out shuttles in time due to those notifications not showing up — again, the onus is on the player to keep track of that stuff, the way I see it.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest a two alarm setup for voyages.

The time estimate is 21.2AM/minute, divide this into your current AM but subtract 3 minutes to cover where you are in the hazard cycle beginning and end and also a little leeway from when you actually set alarm. Set this as one alarm. This alarm is so when you are playing you do not forget about your voyage which I have done many times.

Then set another alarm 3 minutes earlier to give you time to get in game.

You should actually get DBs warning before your alarm. If you see that you will probably go in game. Just make sure you have that last alarm warning so you do not forget about your voyage while in game.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »

I don't mean to be contrary, it's just that from my point of view, when you don't get a notification about being low on antimatter and you miss your Voyage's recall, it's not because of a bug that the Voyage failed, but rather because the Voyage simply ran out of AM. The notification was incidental to the failure. (And really, notifications aren't needed in order to estimate how much more time you'll get from a Voyage — I figure 1200 AM for each hour of Voyage time (1400 to be certain), so I can figure out how much more I'll get out of it after a Dilemma.) To me, it would be the same as asking for a higher rank in a Faction event because you didn't send out shuttles in time due to those notifications not showing up — again, the onus is on the player to keep track of that stuff, the way I see it.

They have a feature in place in the game to make it so you don't have to do stuff like set alarms and calculations (which no disrespect, but I'm not doing any of that for a mobile game) and when that feature malfunctions (their fault that the notifications don't work, CS has confirmed this to me) of course I'm going to put in a ticket.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I find CS to be hit or miss as far as resolutions. There have been times when the rep has grilled me back and forth and other times things have gone through smoothly. There's been times I've needed escalation and other times not. And one instance where I was pretty much told to pound rocks on something that was their fault and they eventually did fix.

It feels RNG worthy.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing this thread - I will remind everyone that naming Support Rep and/or copy/pasting content of a ticket exchange is not allowed.

Likewise if you have an issue with a ticket, you can request an escalation and/or send me a PM about it.
This discussion has been closed.