Home The Bridge
Options

Poor customer service

On Wednesday at about 12:30 EST I bought an event 10 pack like usual at the start of an event. There was no event crew in it. Instead it had Ardra from the prior event so I assumed they forgot to do the right event pack. I immediately put in a ticket hoping to get it fixed in time to level the event crew before the event. Hoped to get the 5* Jake Sisko and do double up offer. No answer until the next day when rep wanted proof I bought the pack and it had no event crew. Figured they could easily see it bu5 I had a screen shot so sent it. Another day before they answered again by saying they were refunding me the 650 diitium. No apology, no offer of sorrytons, no extra pack, no nothing. I cannot wait to answer the evaluation question (getting used to the follow up since DB seems to mess up more and more). Really angry about the way they dragged their feet for 2 days and acted like I did something wrong.

Believe it or not, not too long ago there was not an event EVERY weekend. I really liked the game and like my fleet but DB is making me feel more and more like an atm cash machine for them and less and less like a valued customer. They keep promoting VIP points but I maxed out almost a year ago. Keep hoping they will offer more levels but I guess once they have milked that amount of cash they lose interest in the customer.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Doubt this will be allowed to stay up very long though.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry this has been your experience. I'm pleased to say that I have always been well served by DB customer service. I've even had a few times when the problem was self-caused and they have fixed it for me--with the admonition to avoid such mistakes in the future. So I wish you could have my experience with them. I, for one, am always satisfied.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    My experience with CS is that they have been great. My last experience I was a little frustrated with my own mistake . But they came through for me. I had a rough time with gauntlet in the beginning. I spent thousand of merits mainly trying to get the favored skill to show up. CS was just going to give 200 merits which was a spit in the bucket. When more than 1000 merits was just used to get the favored stat. They may have been able to see what I spent because after arguing and maybe some help from Nod I got a 1000 merits. Which promptly got spent on gauntlet but over a week and not two days.

I must admit though it is extremely hard to get any good resolution with event offer mistakes.
    First off you need a urgent response. Because you are dealing with time of event starting.
    Second you also need speedy resolution.

However, I have to say if you are using dil. and have extra on hand assume when they give you the wrong crew for an event pack (or the wrong one is there when you are expecting the new one) that they will refund that dil. and take the crew back. So buy the right one when available.

I do not know why we have to document this with a screenshot. If they cannot see what we got when we are trying to buy the new event pack, us having to have a screen shot is a problem. They should know that the wrong event pack was on screen and look for that pack pull it is almost always the previous event pack.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I think they have very good CS staff. One has to remember they have guidelines of what they can or cannot do to correct a situation. Plus I think all the CS staff work night shift EST so it takes until the evening to respond.

If you are still unhappy you can escalate to a supervisor.

Keep in mind you get to keep your original 10x pull and get 650 dilithium to make another pull. That is at least 500 honour and some schematics.
  • Options
    Yes I had event with 3 purple beholds but no event crew in pack or behold choice. I brought it and took 2 days to get an answer. I felt they were trying to push into saying it was in a behold. They offer a refund for Dil. I told them forget about it but they went ahead and refund me dil anyways. They took 2 of the 3 purple from me too. The reason I got this keep the 3rd was I forgot what pulled. Not so good customer service
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5533/solved-longest-day-splash-screen-shows-beta-penthe-pack#latest

It was correct in the portal screen just not the event/splash screen. Mildly annoying that I had to go to it for the 10 packs I got after the $100 purchase but was easy to find. A refund was fair as I think you can see it was the Red Tribble and not the fine looking Jake.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can definitely sympathize with the frustration of twisting in the wind for two days waiting for a response. It's also frustrating when that response asks for further information and it takes another day or two before they respond to that information once you've provided it. Timeliness is not a hallmark of CS.

I've learned two things about customer service that seem to have been helpful for me:

1. Screenshots whenever possible. For some problems, this is difficult, even impossible. I discovered a bug in one of the Tuesday cadet missions where Seven in Blue's Borg bonus on one node was the same on all difficulty levels; it didn't scale upwards like they're supposed to do. I only had six tickets for a weekly thing. Taking a screenshot on my phone of the exact second that the bonus value popped up was extremely difficult.

2. Use a specific subject header instead of the default generic text. For the OP's problem, I might have written something like "Event Pack Dropping Wrong Crew".

I've filed quite a few tickets over the last two years, and I would guesstimate around a 95% satisfaction rate with the resolutions that we reached. To be honest, in the situation described by the OP, I think I would have been contented to have the 650 dilithium refunded.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I don't know what people expect to get out of a CS resolution.

If you get the wrong pack in a pull it does **tsk tsk** but at the end of the day getting your DIL back is an acceptable level of compensation for the problem.

Do people seriously expect a legendary character every time there is a minor issue?

The end result of CS is that you should not be out of pocket. Anything else is a bonus
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you got a wrong event pack. You are refunded and you can keep that wrong pack.

But noo, you want one Jake Sisko legendary card and 2 * event pack as a compensation. That is a little overkill.
  • Options
    Honestly, I find the level of entitlement to be a little absurd sometimes. I rarely ever have to send a message to CS, and the first few times were because I'm an idiot. After that it's been smooth sailing with them. Any minor issues I come across are always taken care of within a reasonable time frame and I never feel cheated or as if I'm cheating them.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn.
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    My past experience has been fine (if a bit slow), but my most recent experience has been awful ( https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5430/voyage-issue-with-new-twist#latest ).
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    I took an event pack from the current event (Jake Sisko) and got Killy from the previous event. I decided to keep killy, then had another pull and got Jake....

In fairness, if I’d have received an Ardra or ales, I’d have raised a ticket. Did you keep the extra Ardra? If so, it’s a bonus
  • Options
    [GoT] Unsober Shimoda[GoT] Unsober Shimoda ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Anyone else having similar experiences?

Oh. My. Yes... I had been waiting for Captain Killy... Was ridiculously excited... Had been saving up my meager funds to purchase the $100 Captain's Bundle. Was made a squad leader, because I'd be able to provide a FF/FE Event 5-star to my squaddies.

However, what transpired turned out to be a nightmare... I'll try and be brief, but it's hard:

what transpired:

* Noon EST, Wednesday May 16: I purchase $100 event pack; iTunes debits account for the purchase, but none of the pack items appear in-game, even I restart/reset on every available platform; File ticket at 12:34 pm EST.

* 01:56am Thursday (5/17): DB Customer Support agent responds, says they have added pack items to account; However, agent did not provide the 1,000 chrons that were part of the purchase.

* 06:14am Thursday (5/17): I advise the agent in a follow-up ticket that only the shuttle boost items have appeared and the 2x of Killy have been received. The event packs and chrons are still not there.

Event begins with no further word... I did not use the 2x Killy because, since key items of the purchase were still outstanding, spending resources to level, when a purchase refund was a possible, seemed like a bad idea.

*00:54am Friday (5/18): CS Agent responds that Event Packs were resent.; Additionally, Agent levels the 2x Killy to L60 and sends 300 dilithium.

*09:49am Friday (5/18): I acknowledge the receipt of the packs, but again inform the Agent that the promised chronitons still aren't there.

*15:39pm Sunday (5/20): I still have received a response to my ticket reply at 9:50 am EST on Friday... Event chugging along. I request at the ticket be escalated to a Supervisor.

*03:19am Monday (5/21): Agent acknowledges escalation request and informs me that the Supervisor will be in touch.

Event ends... I miss out on a Personal Best ranking. Life goes on.

*02:30am Tuesday (5/22): Supervisor responds to ticket escalation, finally sending me the chronitons. Adding insult to injury, the Supervisor tells me that there is nothing in how this situation unfolded that warrants additional escalation beyond their leveling the Killy card to 50 and sending me 300 dilithium. Supervisor also warns me that I must pull the event packs before Wednesday at Noon EST or I will lose them.

Epilogue: I contact Apple directly, they refund my purchase. I instruct Support to remove the 2x Killy card, shuttle boosts, 1k chronitons, and event pack... Lesson Learned: Be EXTREMELY wary of buying these packs from DB before an Event as if something goes wrong and you don't get the right agent from the pool, you very well could go the entire event without receiving all of the items promised, let alone any sort of meaningful additional compensation. This experience has led more than a handful of fleetmates to dial back and pack purchase and spending on the game.

I'm not a beggar... But this was the equivalent of going to a really nice restaurant, pre-paying for my meal, and then having the staff bring out bits and pieces of the meal, hours after I sat down... I'm sure there are better analogies.

I will say that Shan was incredibly apologetic and assured me that she would pass along all of this to the mgmt folks she is in contact with. I appreciated her comments and support, as it was, as it has always been, genuine.

Anyways, thanks for reading... Apologies for the long reply...
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't file too many tickets - maybe 10 in 1.5 yrs - but I've never been dissatisfied with the resolutions. Speed of response? Yeah, a few of them took too many days to finalize, but I've rarely had a situation that I considered to be time-sensitive either (unlike the OP). Most of my tickets were resolved in a day or two, which I consider perfectly acceptable for most situations.

Maybe there should be 2 different ticket systems - one for time-sensitive situations and one for routine situations. What would be time sensitive? Event pack purchases (but only event packs, not others). Stalled voyages (the no-dilemma bug). Account lock-out issues. There are probably a couple other things that others can think of. DB would have to re-vamp the ticket dialog to enable this, and there would need to be consequences for players that abuse the system (i.e., not every problem is end-of-the-world urgent just because you think it is).
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never had an issue with customer service. They are always courteous and helpful.
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    They are always courteous, they are rarely helpful in a timely manner. Really the system needs some sort of urgency flagging (I've had really small issue tickets filed at night responded within 2 hours, while purchase/time sensitive tickets have taken three days) being serviced out of the country is fine in theory, but the time difference means you usually cannot get a same day response to an issue, and if their response needs follow up from you, it's like a 3 day back and forth after your initial response wait.

In addition, there are often issues with CS not even understanding what they are responding to. (see the Surak mega event bonus tickets) and CS has to turn to outside resources often (I've gotten screenshots from the fan made and maintained wiki in cs tickets)

I think the CS agents are fine, but the time difference, lack of resources provided to them, lack of proper staff levels, and lack of urgency flagging makes for a very uphill battle for them. Most Agent related issues I had on tickets came down to them obviously rushing through not reading tickets and copy pasting responses, which is a workflow issue more than an effort issue I'm sure.

• Options
    CrushinatorCrushinator ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    First, this has nothing to do with the Garak event pack snafu. That is different. I made my purchase before that offer was even available.

Second, this is not as much about the event pack as it is about the poor CS. I have had good experiences with their CS before but those were many months ago. It seems to get worse and worse.

<snip> Do not name a Support Rep and do not copy/paste content from a ticket exchange. ˜Shan Wow! I do not think he has idea what courtesy means. Nor understanding of all purchases are final. No purchase is final when the WRONG product is delivered. I purchased a current event pack. They delivered an event pack from last event. Either giving me the pack I paid for or refunding my dil is the minimum responsible response. Nothing “courteous” about doing the minimum.

I have asked for his supervisor but who knows how long that will take or if I will hear from the supervisor.

Someone menti9ned an “expedited response”. There is no way to request that as far as I know. I agree there should be one.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    <snip> Do not name Support Rep, thanks. ˜Shan
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    giacjafzf27o.png

Seems like they let you keep the honor/last event crew AND gave 650 dil. Seems fair IMHO but always have a goal when you contact CS; I'm sure they would have given an Archer or Kim in exchange for last weeks crew if asked. Certainly not a Jake though unless you pulled a Killy. Always ensure the splash screen pack is right, the portal had the correct pack as I pulled 2 Jakes from it after buying the $100 deal that came with 10 packs.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer Service Reps are just like the game RNG...sometimes you get a good pull and sometimes you get.....well, you know :wink:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I've had both good and bad experiences with CS over my 2+ years with the game. And as someone who had the Celestial Temple Distress Call mission lock bug, I know what it's like to wait for something to be done. But comparatively speaking, I think DB CS does a good job even if I'm not always satisfied with the result.

By contrast, I bought a pair of headphone from my phone manufacturer last time I bought a new phone. The left ear started cutting out after seven months. It took over a month to get even an acknowledgement from their CS that they'd received my ticket. Another month has gone by, and all they've done is create an escalation. All I asked about was if there was a under warranty and if so, could I get a replacement and no one has answered either question yet.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    giacjafzf27o.png

Seems like they let you keep the honor/last event crew AND gave 650 dil. Seems fair IMHO but always have a goal when you contact CS; I'm sure they would have given an Archer or Kim in exchange for last weeks crew if asked. Certainly not a Jake though unless you pulled a Killy.

I had the exact same situation as the OP. I even had the same CR. It took a couple days but they refunded the dilithium and let me keep the contents ( which became honor) of the incorrect pack. He didn’t say anything about a one time courtesy because I provided screenshots upfront of the event splash screen showing the wrong pack and the results of my pull so he knew it was an error on their end.

I think the CR handled it well and I was satisfied with the result. I wasn’t expecting some freebie hand out. And as far as it taking two days, I had no problem with that at all because I’ve been around since the beginning and remember back when you were lucky if you got a response in less than two weeks.

• Options
    Honestly, I find the level of entitlement to be a little absurd sometimes. I rarely ever have to send a message to CS, and the first few times were because I'm an idiot. After that it's been smooth sailing with them. Any minor issues I come across are always taken care of within a reasonable time frame and I never feel cheated or as if I'm cheating them.

I had no idea that expecting to receive what you paid for was being entitled.

And just because you haven't been duped by DB's bugs doesn't mean that others are not.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

I had no idea that expecting to receive what you paid for was being entitled.
    OP specifically mentioned being upset that they didn't receive some combination of sorrytrons or an extra pack. I think that's where the entitlement comment comes from. The OP had every right to expect a dilithium refund, and he got not only that but was able to keep his original pulls - why more?

Exactly. The CS response was to refund the DIL. Which would allow the OP to get the pack if he still wished AND it appears they were allowed to keep the pack that they got in error.

They are not out of pocket and probably have a chunk of honour as a bonus.

The problem is that the OP seems to expect more compensation
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would say the OP could care less if they took back the pack they let him keep. But is not clear if they did do that.

The OP felt they should have gotten some compensation for not having gotten the pack before the event. And if they did let him keep the contents of the wrong pack, he would rather have some other compensation.

One: in this case you need to explain to CS you lost the opportunity to receive this pack before the event.

Two: explain to them what you feel would be adequate compensation.

Three: let them respond to this and see if they agree or not.

If you are looking for 100 Chrons. I really do not think they would have a problem with that.
  • Options
    You spent 650 dil. You received 650 dil. Not sure what could have been better.

• Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You spent 650 dil. You received 650 dil. Not sure what could have been better.

From my understanding of the first post in this thread, what would have been better is some event crew to use during the actual event, not receiving them when it's over/almost over. Reading between the lines, I expect that he didn't have surplus dil to just buy another pack in the meantime. His main quibble is the length of time it took to be resolved. He feels that the time factor was not addressed at all in CS's resolution. His event performance is what mattered most to him, not receiving crew from an old pack as bonus.

So I can understand why he feels aggrieved, but I also agree with what @WaldoMag proposes: explain to them, calmly and clearly, why their response did not satisfy. If half the forum readers didn't get it, then a CS rep might not either, unless you spell it out.
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    One time courtesy is two lies in three words...that’s pretty dedicated!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    I really think the issue here is the cs attitude, not the final outcome.

I've had a majority of positive experiences, but there have been times when I've felt like CS is begrudgingly paying me out of their own pocket (like if I win, they lose) , and it should NOT be like that.
This discussion has been closed.