Home The Bridge
Options

Creation of a single 2* Crew will save 3 crew slots

Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in The Bridge
There is always a requirement to retain a handful of 2* & 3* crew for daily Cadet Missions.
95% of my crew quarters are made up of 4* or higher.
I find it best to keep only female starfleet crew of alien origins for the Monday to Friday Cadet Missions.
However it is not always possible to cover all the traits & skills in as few crew.
I propose that the next 2* Uncommon crew to be added to the game be a female member of starfleet with alien origins, who carry the security & medical skills.
Right now I have to keep the 4 crew in the image below to cover
SECURITY & MEDICAL
throughout the weekdays.
yrr2lrsgj5pf.jpeg

If an uncommon version of Ezri Dax was intoduced, from the STDS9 episode 'Til Death Us Do Part’,
then I could dispense with the privious 4 crew in favour of this individual, thereby saving 3 crew slots.
10xdk6iooem2.jpeg
aygy1nzr16ib.jpg
- Joined game 6th March 2016
- Capt Level 99
- VIP Level 13
- Fleet Admiral [New Black Vipers]
- Starbase Level 134
- Starbase Rooms Completed 15/15
- Crew Slots 295
- Immortalized Crew 639
- Total Crew collected 882/1179
- Crew collections maxed out 7/45
- Galaxy Map Stars 1269/1269
- Cadet Mission Stars 225/225
- Factions Honored 15/15
- Achievements completed 15/16
- Ships maxed out 53/78

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you only play elite missions on Thursdays, you can save yourself a slot by using Worf and Seska to cover security.

Seska will also cover ENG, so that's not an additional slot for her.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the crew you have pictured, I only have Crusher unfrozen. Obviously, the missions you need to run may be different, but as time goes on, you'll find you dont need to cover all skills for all days because some missions are not as valuable as others (or the crew slot or two you could save by foregoing them).

You could go down to just Dax/Seska/Sito just to have enough to do a mission or two per day.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sitting at a cool six right now and find I have the flexibility to do which ever mission I want, any day of the week:
    - Sito
    - Festive Dax
    - Seska
    - Crusher
    - Kes
    - Worf

I could easily cut Kes and only run into a limited choice on Thursdays, but I haven't brought myself to do that yet.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Also using the same six that @robownage listed.

Wouldn't mind seeing one-skill-Crusher replaced with a better option, though. I never use Kes's DIP, either, so a Starfleet Alien Female with a strong MED main would be pretty neat.

Bonus points for a SEC secondary skill, so she can help Seska cover SEC (might have to do a trait audit to find out which nodes Seska can't manage). Worf talks too much and should sit down.

All in all, this Ezri seems like a good fit.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    On Tuesdays I do the Elite mission that gives 0* medical experiments, so I need Kes. I wish I didn't need her and Crusher, so yea, this would help me a lot.

I have Yar and Kira frozen, so this would help me replace Crusher and Kes. The SEC would be good, but only if it can compete with Worf, which I doubt.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use four.
    Dax, Sito Jaxa, Seska and Worf. But then I always run the same missions so I usually don't need variety.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually run with six green cadets (Worf, Kes, Dax, Naomi Wildman, Sito Jaxa, and Crusher) but I had to thaw out Yar again to farm some component a couple of Thursdays ago and haven’t tossed her back into the freezer. I would appreciate a MED/SEC Ezri as long as I can farm security codes and novels on Ex Astris Scientia.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three crew slots devoted to cadet missions; I just choose one mission for the day and unfreeze whomever I need to run it. Usually only need to unfreeze three on Saturday and Monday and one on the other days.

But I'm all for more Ezri
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have Crusher and Kes active and would love to only need 1 option for all days of MED, so +1 for this Ezri version. But to the larger point - reducing the number of 2* crew to free up crew slots is good to do, but it is a one-time fix. Slots open, and within a week, they are filled. Freeze all the 2* (and 3*) crew you want, but selective freezing of the 4* cards is the only long-term way to manage crew space issues.
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you are running them massively inefficiently if you are using all four of those. A Med/security able to pass everything on highest difficulty is a pretty big ask, also Ezri is completely useless in all but one episode and we already got her best version from that iepisode as the 3* dual coverage, and she is heavy on representation for one season already.

A strong med Troi 2* would be more deserved for a character, and in sure we can find a version with security if needed, but its not really needed or warranted. Seska can pass any security you need thursday so that's already one slot fixed.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    The ability to warp cadet missions would save 3-6 slots depending on what you keep active. Shame they still don’t have that feature yet and probably never will because it would help us.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Jabara

A female nurse and a member of the Bajoran Militia. Also a fairly minor character of low rank.

I run Seska as my female SEC. She can do EASm1*** if your Starbase is high enough although for some TUF missions you'll need a second SEC crew. I usually use Worf. Sito can work as well for easier missions.

I don't run an alien MED currently. There isn't really any TUF missions where MED is helpful except for TUFm5*** and TUFm2***. The former isn't too essential. The latter would be if there were more Romulans in the game but there isn't, so I wouldn't bother.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Jabara still wouldn't satisfy the need for a Starfleet character, though, so she would simply be a straight swap for Kes...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I actually prefer to keep all 6 skills for the weekday Cadet Missions to collect the hard to acquire items depending on which crew I’m working on equipping & levelling up that day.
    No male crew but would try to have as many female starfleet crew with alien origins.
    The 4 Crew I indicated earlier were only the ones of Security & Medical I wanted to replace.
    I actually have seven 2* in my quarters.
    a664e5k5cuid.jpeg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These 6 greens are all I need for the week9sssy2p95aq0.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

But they are mostly human & prevent you from participating on Tuesday’s.

Honestly if DB launch a 2* Female Member of starfleet with alien origins holding
    SECURITY & MEDICAL
    skills then all anyone would need is:-
    T’Pol
    Naomi Wildman
    Sito Jaxa
    & the
    Female/Starfleet/Alien
    MED/SEC 2*
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options

They let him freely farm science experiments on Tuesday, Elite Flesh and Blood. he can go lower and still farm all the same missions too

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly if DB launch a 2* Female Member of starfleet with alien origins holding
    SECURITY & MEDICAL
    T’Pol
    Naomi Wildman
    Sito Jaxa
    & the
    Female/Starfleet/Alien
    MED/SEC 2*

They do not prevent me from participating on Tuesday. I run the first mission on elite. I thought those books were useful in Galaxy events. Turns out they’re not but I’m a creature of habit and still run that mission

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

SECURITY & MEDICAL
    T’Pol
    Naomi Wildman
    Sito Jaxa
    & the
    Female/Starfleet/Alien
    MED/SEC 2*

As previously stated by at least two of us in this thread... you do not need two people for security if you use Seska for eng.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

SECURITY & MEDICAL
    T’Pol
    Naomi Wildman
    Sito Jaxa
    & the
    Female/Starfleet/Alien
    MED/SEC 2*

They do not prevent me from participating on Tuesday. I run the first mission on elite. I thought those books were useful in Galaxy events. Turns out they’re not but I’m a creature of habit and still run that mission

Think you're getting TUF and ACF confused. First mission on ACF elite drops linguistic texts which are pretty useful since they're commonly used and saves text books which are used in Galaxies. The second mission on ACF drops Medical Lessons which are usually more helpful.

You could probably safely dump Sato and Persis. Dax or T'Pol can be used on many epic DIP missions since they have required traits. Seven's ok as a SCI or ENG but is worse then Dax/T'Pol or Seska/Naomi. Archer is worse then Sito. Period.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »

SECURITY & MEDICAL
    T’Pol
    Naomi Wildman
    Sito Jaxa
    & the
    Female/Starfleet/Alien
    MED/SEC 2*

Think you're getting TUF and ACF confused. First mission on ACF elite drops linguistic texts which are pretty useful since they're commonly used and saves text books which are used in Galaxies. The second mission on ACF drops Medical Lessons which are usually more helpful.

You could probably safely dump Sato and Persis. Dax or T'Pol can be used on many epic DIP missions since they have required traits. Seven's ok as a SCI or ENG but is worse then Dax/T'Pol or Seska/Naomi. Archer is worse then Sito. Period.

Again, creature of habit. My set up works. The crew I use has the required skills to pass what I need. Anything more is just overkill.

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

SECURITY & MEDICAL
    T’Pol
    Naomi Wildman
    Sito Jaxa
    & the
    Female/Starfleet/Alien
    MED/SEC 2*

Again, creature of habit. My set up works. The crew I use has the required skills to pass what I need. Anything more is just overkill.

We're not suggesting more, we're suggesting less. I wouldn't mind a new MED crew. She doesn't have to be MED/SEC though. Being able to have just 4 2*'s would be better. I've temporarily dumped Worf from my crew and I'm going to see how long I can go before bringing him back. He's still essential for EASm3***.
  • Options
    I run 5, and can run pretty much anything I want. I haven't tried to run everything, but whenever I wanted/needed something I could do it.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    yqss4lnqoybh.png
    I very sedom have issues with these 6, however Tilly will be replacing Picard I think so I can get diplomacy on Thursday, even though I only run the medical lesson elite node and don’t actually need her. Once in a blue moon I will unfreeze Kes or Phlox for Tuesday but its not worth keeping them active for more than 18.5 minutes.

But maybe Peptide Cake Troi could be a nice Dip/Med F/A/S cadet, and clear off that terrible art Beverly I’ve been staring at since the day I began playing :)
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather them release a female starfleet alien MED/CMD because then all you'd need to run is T'Pol/Jadzia, Seska, MED/CMD gal
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather them release a female starfleet alien MED/CMD because then all you'd need to run is T'Pol/Jadzia, Seska, MED/CMD gal

“Captain” Troi, from that time she had the bridge for half an episode, I think it was season 7 maybe? I agree with this 100%. Ezri could be possible but you said command, not pouting.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »

“Captain” Troi, from that time she had the bridge for half an episode, I think it was season 7 maybe? I agree with this 100%. Ezri could be possible but you said command, not pouting.

Would Acting Captain Troi be too close to the existing 4* Bridge Officer Troi? I think that might be the case. What about a 2* Ishka?
  • Options
    What about a 2* Ishka?

No Starfleet trait. Again just another Kes.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    What about Paxan Troi, from "Clues"? Didn't have too much screen time, so a 2-star seems appropriate. Aside from Deanna's medical knowledge (MED), the alien was pretty commanding with its instructions (CMD), was the first of its species to converse with the Federation (DIP), threatened to destroy the ship (SEC), and threw Worf around like a rag doll (SEC). So take your pick for the secondary skill.
    clues242.jpg