Options

Creation of a single 2* Crew will save 3 crew slots

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    What about a 2* Ishka?

No Starfleet trait. Again just another Kes.

Rats...knew I was forgetting something. We really are limited here, aren’t we?
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, I looked up "Starfleet Medical Personnel" on Memory Alpha and the pickings are very slim. You basically get to pick between Troi and Selar and Ezri. Unless you want the OB-GYN from NuTrek.

But, hey, if ex-schoolteacher-now-housewife Amanda Grayson gets MED, maybe there are other ways to qualify.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had me at "2* Ezri". I don't need further convincing. Where do I sign the petition?
  • Options
    Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather them release a female starfleet alien MED/CMD because then all you'd need to run is T'Pol/Jadzia, Seska, MED/CMD gal

I like your thinking, a MED/CMD gal would work better, but Seska’s SEC isn’t always good enough on some missions.

But why would you need both T’Pol & Jadzia?
    They both have DIP/SCI and T’Pol is stronger i’ve Found.
    - Joined game 6th March 2016
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Fleet Admiral [New Black Vipers]
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Starbase Rooms Completed 15/15
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Total Crew collected 882/1179
    - Crew collections maxed out 7/45
    - Galaxy Map Stars 1269/1269
    - Cadet Mission Stars 225/225
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Achievements completed 15/16
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Would Acting Captain Troi be too close to the existing 4* Bridge Officer Troi? I think that might be the case. What about a 2* Ishka?

They did have 4* Capt Janeway & 2* Kathryn Janeway who are basically the same character.
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    I have argued the case in the past to add the SECURITY skill to 2* Ensign Ro.
    I believe the Uncommon crew member Ensign Ro is greatly underestimated in her abilities.
    She is only an Ensign yet has a strong command ability.
    During her appearances in STTNG she displayed a tactical trait that was no doubt abtained growing up during the Cardassian occupation.
    I propose her abilities be amended to include security equal to her command ability.
    This would aid captains in having a female alien Crew member of starfleet with a security and there by limiting how many uncommon crew needed to be kept in quarters for Cadet Missions.
    yqm22p38kssd.jpg
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1151/image-inside-enhance-ensign-ros-abilities#latest
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Troi is a good option, but I'd prefer someone like Acting Captain Crusher from Descent.
    She would actually probably be 3 skilled: CMD primary, MED secondary (with good proficiency), and SCI tertiary since she is the one who endorsed Dr. Reyga's metaphasic shielding and she ordered it be used in that episode as she clearly understands the mechanics behind it.

mux3pd21rn4s.jpg

Besides, we don't have any version of her in this uniform yet. And while I do think this version of her should probably be a 4*, I wouldn't be upset if they made her for cadet challenges either.

Oh but damn, she's not an alien. *goes to think more*

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    You don't need both T'Pol and Jadzia, but you can choose either; they both work very well. That's why @Lady Gaghgagh listed both options.
  • Options
    You don't need both T'Pol and Jadzia, but you can choose either; they both work very well. That's why @Lady Gaghgagh listed both options.

That's why I put a slash to mean "or", so T'Pol/Jadzia = T'Pol OR Jadzia :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why I put a slash to mean "or", so T'Pol/Jadzia = T'Pol OR Jadzia :p

I think that’s a DB bug... I personally think the T’Pol AND Jadzia slot isn’t calculating right...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seska, Sito, Dax. Covers enough to run missions M-F. Less crew slots than you're proposing to carry. You don't need to carry every skill M-F, just enough skills to beat a mission.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am able to run any useful mission all week, using just 5 crew: Worf, Seska, Sito, Jadzia and EMH.

MWF - any mission

TUE - any except Of Two Evils (epic) - I can get 2* encoded communique from First Conflict (epic) instead

THU - A Question of Rights (elite) - to farm 0* medical lesson
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Seska, Sito, Dax. Covers enough to run missions M-F. Less crew slots than you're proposing to carry. You don't need to carry every skill M-F, just enough skills to beat a mission.

No MED skill with them 3.
    On Mon/Wed/Fri there is often a need to get certain items.
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that I lose a couple crew spots keeping more cadets than the bare bones require, but I accept it for two reasons. First, I am able to do ANY mission. I have a half dozen only that I ever really run, but two lost crew spots is worth the potential to do any mission. Second, I do not want Seska on my crew. I am a hippocrate, I know; I have a whole bunch of villains on my crew. I just don't want her.

I would love a strong female alien med or strong female alien security.

@Lady Gaghgagh has the best idea I've seen. Excellent.
    NEW IDEA!
    Since Crusher is human after all, there is one person that it just dawned on me would be absolutely perfect for a 2* CMD/MED cadet!!!

saz29olfte8t.jpg

2* Lieutenant Ilia
    I was saving her for hopefully being a 4* someday, but she'd make an absolutely great 2* cadet.
    Her main position is the helm which DB considers CMD.
    But when V'Ger scanned the Enterprise and harmed Chekov by burning his hand, before Dr. Chapel could get there to help the injury, Ilia used her Deltan powers to soothe Chekov's pain.

She's perfect!
    2* Lieutenant Ilia
    CMD 352 (45-92), MED 277 (56-113) or something like that.
    Traits: Deltan, Starfleet, Federation, Pilot, Romantic, Empath?, Caregiver

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

No MED skill with them 3.
    On Mon/Wed/Fri there is often a need to get certain items.

I get enough 2* security codes from section 31 and playing them any faction event. That's the only use for med. I'd rather have the extra crew slot.
  • Options
    I know that I lose a couple crew spots keeping more cadets than the bare bones require, but I accept it for two reasons. First, I am able to do ANY mission. I have a half dozen only that I ever really run, but two lost crew spots is worth the potential to do any mission. Second, I do not want Seska on my crew. I am a hippocrate, I know; I have a whole bunch of villains on my crew. I just don't want her.

I would love a strong female alien med or strong female alien security.

@Lady Gaghgagh has the best idea I've seen. Excellent.
    NEW IDEA!
    Since Crusher is human after all, there is one person that it just dawned on me would be absolutely perfect for a 2* CMD/MED cadet!!!

saz29olfte8t.jpg

2* Lieutenant Ilia
    I was saving her for hopefully being a 4* someday, but she'd make an absolutely great 2* cadet.
    Her main position is the helm which DB considers CMD.
    But when V'Ger scanned the Enterprise and harmed Chekov by burning his hand, before Dr. Chapel could get there to help the injury, Ilia used her Deltan powers to soothe Chekov's pain.

She's perfect!
    2* Lieutenant Ilia
    CMD 352 (45-92), MED 277 (56-113) or something like that.
    Traits: Deltan, Starfleet, Federation, Pilot, Romantic, Empath?, Caregiver

Thanks ^^

As for what cadets I run, since I haven't shared that yet. I have 5.
    CMO Crusher for the MED on MWF
    Lt. Yar for the SEC on MWF
    T'Pol for the SCI/DIP on all days
    Seska for ENG/SEC on all days
    Sito for COM/DIP on all days

I find I don't use MED on Tuesday I think because the medical experiments I want are in two missions, one mission needs a MED skill, the other doesn't. I am hoping once my fleet gets the SEC base or proficiency high enough, I can put Yar in the freezer and just use Seska.
  • Options
    I am not sure what is more likely, that DB will create this 2* card for you or that DB will give you more crew slots. I think the odds of either are close to zero. You should make your wishes more grandiose like "DB gift all players a Bell Riot Bashir a week after the mega event ends".
  • Options
    There is always a requirement to retain a handful of 2* & 3* crew for daily Cadet Missions.
    95% of my crew quarters are made up of 4* or higher.
    I find it best to keep only female starfleet crew of alien origins for the Monday to Friday Cadet Missions.
    However it is not always possible to cover all the traits & skills in as few crew.
    I propose that the next 2* Uncommon crew to be added to the game be a female member of starfleet with alien origins, who carry the security & medical skills.
    Right now I have to keep the 4 crew in the image below to cover
    SECURITY & MEDICAL
    throughout the weekdays.
    yrr2lrsgj5pf.jpeg

If an uncommon version of Ezri Dax was intoduced, from the STDS9 episode 'Til Death Us Do Part’,
    then I could dispense with the privious 4 crew in favour of this individual, thereby saving 3 crew slots.
    10xdk6iooem2.jpeg
    aygy1nzr16ib.jpg

The idea is ok, but why do you have Kira and Tasha? I only have Kira to have Security covered, and for the missions I play, that's more than enough to me.
  • Options
    The idea is ok, but why do you have Kira and Tasha? I only have Kira to have Security covered, and for the missions I play, that's more than enough to me.

Because Kira isn’t a member of Starfleet and can’t participate on Mon/Wed/Fri’s.
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    If those who keep a skeleton crew could stop telling those of us who want the flexibility to hit any reward node that we can get by with less crew if only we would stick to certain missions only, that'd be great. kthanxbye!

(just kidding :D )

I was a hold out for a long time, with like 9 cadets till 2 months ago. as someone who has 5 now, come, come to the dark side. what you lose access to is almost never something you would want.

• Options
    Well, I only have 6 greens and 4 blues, so it's hardly a big chunk of my slots... I might even put more away and only bring certain cadets out to make a cameo appearance every once in a while (didn't use Selar all weekend, for example) but I still like to have a plan in place for every node, since faction items are always my biggest roadblock to leveling crew faster.
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I only have 6 greens and 4 blues, so it's hardly a big chunk of my slots... I might even put more away and only bring certain cadets out to make a cameo appearance every once in a while (didn't use Selar all weekend, for example) but I still like to have a plan in place for every node, since faction items are always my biggest roadblock to leveling crew faster.

I also use 10, but one less green and hold on to Kang for the commander division instead
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Melora, Seska and Wildman. I can get 2* encoded communiques, basic holoprograms, basic science experiments, common medical lessons, basic ancient films. The only things I can't get are security codes, but I'm ok with that for the sake of an extra crew slot
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    The solution is to simply get 3 skill greens. Or let blues compete
  • Options

Because Kira isn’t a member of Starfleet and can’t participate on Mon/Wed/Fri’s.

I'm honestly wondering how you run any MWF missions. To run any given mission you have to have 3 crew. Kes and Kira can't run on MWF for you, and Crusher and Tasha can't run on Tuesday for you. So do you just run Thursday missions??? If so, I'm baffled that anyone would let the free chrons go like that.
  • Options
    These are the only 3* crew I’ve kept in my quarters for weekend cadet missions & Comd Div Battle Arena.
    Preferable females with alien origins.
    I’ve Immortalized all remaining 3* crew & frozen the lot.
    lobxbtbzz764.jpeg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    I'm using B'Etor, Torres, Saavik and Kes for the rare cadets, after someone suggested them in a Ready Room thread. Haven't had any difficulties since. I don't participate in the Arena lower divisions, though, so I wouldn't know how that affects the selection.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get through the weekend with just these 5 rares.kxlg1is3zqyr.png