Home The Bridge
Options

Is this Galaxy Phase too expensive?

This hasn't really been remarked upon yet, aside from a few comments over in the Ready Room (here), but the average chron cost per mission for the current Galaxy Phase is around 30% higher than that of previous Galaxy Phases. It seems that fewer items that players are "overstocked" on, might be included, too, increasing the effect.

Aside from the legendary reward not appealing to many, could this be a contributing factor to the low VP totals we're seeing?

I wonder if the missions for this phase were made more expensive on purpose so that the likely lackluster sales of the event pack could by recouped in chron pack sales. I also think it would be neat if the entire community gave that tactic a hard no by going "community-threshold-and-out" and hopefully send a message in the language the devs understand best - latinum. ;)

Is this Galaxy Phase too expensive? 101 votes

Too expensive by far. I'm boycotting.
22%
Captain_WhoSSR BarkleyData1001middleheadscruffy151[QH] Oxmyx[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerDittoCrushinator{SST}WeAreBorgBeratis Kesla Redjac[S47] ELiL[TUFG] Captain Zlog[QH] Captain Ziggy[Deleted User][DD] Kirk Induced Self DestructionEgo DraconisRogaDanarPaperToastFlemming 23 votes
I would shell out the extra chrons, but the rank rewards don't interest me.
32%
uss_bonaventure[KM]VidemCaptainUnderpantsmilamber42WaldoMagRocpileMagisseMcCaptainface William T. Riker[10F] NewtonianQBallsShran Wrap~peregrine~(10F)GeekgirlJean-Luc Kenobi(HGH)ApollogregorytCFOHSilverknightMr. Lincolnsexy_lady=GBP= Bear 33 votes
I'll bite. Going for it anyway, despite higher chron costs.
10%
[NDQ] Joker41NAMNad HalHaBlackCapt AjammPallidyneOdo Marmarosacaptain_yarSpockyAverage GuyJoeSage2Uprising 11 votes
I hadn't even noticed / I can afford it.
33%
<TGE> DangerDrakeCaptain TFSabine of AthensCaptain Durfguest_7456IvanstoneJim RaynorAlthea Biermont[10F]MadMaxJim Steelet<G>e  RoonisBrunt, FCA(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]RaraRacing MindyPhotonKimDrone_oneCaptain HarlockNivenFresFrank? 34 votes

Comments

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    average cost between the 7 builds is 84 chrons. low falls at 53.1 chrons and high at 112.5 chrons.

most galaxy events fall. most galaxy events, the 7 recipes average out to the mid to high 60's.

so yes, this is a record galaxy event for costs
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice because I hit threshold AZ the first phase was ending and had already planned to use my saved chronitons for leveling crew. I leveled 7, almost 8.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    In retrospect, I should have maybe split the last option into two different options, but I didn't want to bias the poll by giving it an uneven number of "yes"/"no" options...

For the record, I had intended it as the option for "the higher costs don't bother me at all", but I get the sense that some people are reading it slightly differently. :blush:
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, the noticeable cost difference to me is the 1* database and spice frequency. Which while more expensive/less stockpiled, are not inherently hard to farm items. It's still way way way "cheaper" than Galaxy was pre Voyages. I think Jake indifference makes most people not care.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s meant to counterbalance the reduction in faction scores from going to 6 missions per faction and not ten.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I don't think it's so much that any one item is terribly expensive, but it's the higher frequency of items that costs more than 10 chrons each to farm. 1-star ID codes appear in three of the seven missions, for example.

All in all, a lot of these are things I sigh at when I see them in normal item recipes, like Flux Couplers, Neutron Microscopes, Hyperspanners, Stem Bolts... they're not terribly hard to get, but you never get a great yield on them, either.

All in all, the maths gives the objective answer: a 30% increase is no small thing.

But perhaps it's all relative: it's only as expensive as your fellow competitors cause it to be.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't noticed. I'm still holding top 500 without crafting a single item. Which in itself says something.
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Elynduil wrote: »
    I don't think it's so much that any one item is terribly expensive, but it's the higher frequency of items that costs more than 10 chrons each to farm. 1-star ID codes appear in three of the seven missions, for example.

All in all, a lot of these are things I sigh at when I see them in normal item recipes, like Flux Couplers, Neutron Microscopes, Hyperspanners, Stem Bolts... they're not terribly hard to get, but you never get a great yield on them, either.

All in all, the maths gives the objective answer: a 30% increase is no small thing.

Also possible, score inflation has been ridiculous, and many players have been doing full threshold completely off existing inventory. Chron income has more than tripled since galaxy settled in format/average recipe. We are resource rich now, they could be trying to move the balance back slightly
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I keep looking for a legendary that I want. So far it only has been ones that I already had that have made me play for top 1000 so far.

I actually did not go all out on the Faction side of this event. I have not crafted any thing. All I wanted was thresholds, so I could immortalize Archer when community reward received. I do not actually care about x10 premium pack. However, if it looked like it was a close call on community getting it, I would help so all could get it. But, unlesss they make the crafting recipes more expensive or raise the bar to earn it, this does not seem to be a problem. Even with current recipe cost increase it only takes a little more than a day for community to obtain the highest threshold reward.
  • Options
    Threshold and our for me this event. Finished phase 1 on 125k VP (without using any time boosts) so quickly bagged the final 5k to finish off Rock Band Archer
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes I have fewer of these items and it is requiring more to get them. Maybe that is why this galaxy is running sooooo slow and why my faction half rank has mainly held. Also although I want jake sisko some wrongly dont like him. And the other ranked reward, harry kim, has very low stats for a super rare.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did threshold and out since I didn't feel like putting in the extra effort for Jake. I wouldn't mind higher costs because I have large stockpiles and it takes less tapping to keep pace with everyone else.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    You left out the option "Hadn't noticed because I am not playing to get swarm of bees Jake".
  • Options
    You left out the option "Hadn't noticed because I am not playing to get swarm of bees Jake".

Yes, in retrospect, that should have been in there. Might be the most popular sentiment, even.
  • Options
    Clearing the threshold for the last Community Reward took 26 hours and 45 mins. Is that a new record?
  • Options
    It usually goes faster when more of us participate.
  • Options
    Clearing the threshold for the last Community Reward took 26 hours and 45 mins. Is that a new record?

New record of slowest clearing? I remember the community threshold being cleared the first day by late evening before. I feel like this one took longer.
  • Options
    Also the highest ranked player has 1.8 million points. Usually the top 3 have at least 5-6 million.
  • Options
    pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    Not a new all-time record (there was a time when the final community threshold wasn’t guaranteed), but I agree this feels like the longest it took in a long time.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    But to be honest, I was about at threshold before the phase change. So I stopped with the last Acher and collected the Community Rewards.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit all of the thresholds in phase 1, got the final needed stars for Kim and Archer from the community awards, and as such never had to build a single recipe. I’m still somehow at 2,501st place after over 24 hours of not earning a single VP...that, plus all of the 1* ID codes that I saw in the recipes, says that the recipe costs are way out of whack in this event.
  • Options

No there have been events where after 2days the final Community reward wasn't hit. That has happened quite a few times.
  • Options
    I spent every single 4* and 5* shuttle boost I had last week, plus lots of dilithium to get Killy.
    Because I wanted her.

Nobody wants Jake Sisko. I already have Kim from a previous event, and the archer is free so i'll take it.
  • Options
    Nobody wants Jake Sisko. I already have Kim from a previous event, and the archer is free so i'll take it.

I want Jake.
    ...Just not more than I wanted crew space.

I think a lot of people are the same. Because space is tight, they are picky about whom they seek. In my case, I spent my chronitons immortalizing crew.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Where is my "too expensive, but I need to get threshold because I didn't wanted to touch **tsk tsk** shuttle options and have 0 VP"?
  • Options
    al103 wrote: »
    Where is my "too expensive, but I need to get threshold because I didn't wanted to touch *Vegan Poutine* shuttle options and have 0 VP"?

I'll remember it for next time...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I want Jake.
    ...Just not more than I wanted crew space.

I think a lot of people are the same. Because space is tight, they are picky about whom they seek. In my case, I spent my chronitons immortalizing crew.
    Yes crew space is a problem right before a mega event. Especially when Jake who is ds9 won't give bonus all month.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    I'll bite. Going for it anyway, despite higher chron costs.
    Only because this is a hybrid & most of my effort into top1000 was in phase 1.

Likely boycott for full galaxy if it's not a fantastic 5* & i hate repeat 4* i already have immortalized.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    The average cost of missions is just too high, when I have ranked and threshhold is done. I am levelling up crew instead.