Home The Bridge
Options

Is this Galaxy Phase too expensive?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I'll bite. Going for it anyway, despite higher chron costs.
    I think the level of interest can be gauged by the fact that I was still in the top 1000 until early Saturday morning, during which I failed 9 out of 12 shuttles (all over 80%) and dropped from 4000 to 2750 level and effectively out of the top 1000. That also doesn't include some excessive failures to initially get past the 2250 mark.

I have only finished top 1000 when most of the strongest 2000 or so players take a break for the weekend (a few times now all in the last 2 months or so). Given these numbers, it is safe to say a lot of good players took a break despite the pretty decent 5* Jake.

The chroniton cost may be a balancing out of event difficultly by DB which also may explain why it took so long to get the premium pull community reward. However, I think a good number of veteran players had already decided to sit it out for this event based on my initial success in the faction portion. Normally in factions, if I can stick around, I wouldn't stay in the top 1000 beyond Friday morning when the stronger players can still use time boosts without a high risk of failure. Also, those same players wouldn't have been able to see the build recipes until Saturday at noon so they wouldn't have been able to decide early on whether or not to boycott. Another consideration is players taking a week off before the Mega event to level event crew.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to decide. I was going to just do faction to get Archer and be out, but as of right now I'm still rank 804 after not having done a single galaxy build. Probably wouldn't take much to ensure top 1K, just not sure I want yet another 1/5 that has little chance to be fused up...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't even noticed / I can afford it.
    There is competition for top 1000, still. I was 800 or so when phase 2 started and am 3500 or so now. But the last time I got close to threshold in the first half and only played part of the second I dropped below 10,000.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would shell out the extra chrons, but the rank rewards don't interest me.
    I hit all of the thresholds in phase 1, got the final needed stars for Kim and Archer from the community awards, and as such never had to build a single recipe. I’m still somehow at 2,501st place after over 24 hours of not earning a single VP...that, plus all of the 1* ID codes that I saw in the recipes, says that the recipe costs are way out of whack in this event.

I did not think of ranking. Usually when I only participate in the faction phase, I will get two of the Rare crew. I am currently at rank 2826 mainly because I did not give my usual effort on the faction phase. My other account is at 2326. I actually did one more shuttle run on that account only 10000 difference between the two.

But it looks like I will be in the 3001-5000 one rank higher than I normally finish in Faction/Galaxy hybrid. Maybe in my second account I will finish one more rank higher.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    While there are not any Items in the recipes for this Galaxy Event that are out of the ordinary (i.e., they have all been used in Galaxy Events before), the selection this time does include a 'healthy share' of the more difficult to farm ones. This being said, it is the same for all players, and so if everyone were to put in the same effort that they usually do, all that would happen is each player would have a deflated score, versus the higher totals of Victory Points that are obtained when the recipes are somewhat easier.

For players whose experience and memory goes back that far, the current event is a piece of cake when compared to older ones that had recipes requiring a Gravitic Caliper - now those events were really expensive!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I hit all of the thresholds in phase 1, got the final needed stars for Kim and Archer from the community awards, and as such never had to build a single recipe. I’m still somehow at 2,501st place after over 24 hours of not earning a single VP...that, plus all of the 1* ID codes that I saw in the recipes, says that the recipe costs are way out of whack in this event.

I did not think of ranking. Usually when I only participate in the faction phase, I will get two of the Rare crew. I am currently at rank 2826 mainly because I did not give my usual effort on the faction phase. My other account is at 2326. I actually did one more shuttle run on that account only 10000 difference between the two.

But it looks like I will be in the 3001-5000 one rank higher than I normally finish in Faction/Galaxy hybrid. Maybe in my second account I will finish one more rank higher.

I think it is pretty safe to say we’ll be in the top 5000 without lifting a finger. I’ve slipped to 3,128th with less than three hours to go. Losing 600 places in nearly a day compared to losing the same number of places in what seemed like a few hours last week is notable.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Too expensive by far. I'm boycotting.
    Irial wrote: »
    While there are not any Items in the recipes for this Galaxy Event that are out of the ordinary (i.e., they have all been used in Galaxy Events before), the selection this time does include a 'healthy share' of the more difficult to farm ones. This being said, it is the same for all players, and so if everyone were to put in the same effort that they usually do, all that would happen is each player would have a deflated score, versus the higher totals of Victory Points that are obtained when the recipes are somewhat easier.

Fair point. As for myself, I think I might have been more motivated to participate if there was more recipes that at least used, alongside the more pricey items, some of the things I have huge stockpiles of. But considering that almost every item would have to be farmed, while the stockpiles remain untouched, makes it seem a bit too much effort and cost for the reward. And my evaluation of the reward is less based on the fact that it is Jake (whom I don't mind) but more on the potential of yet another 1/5 plus some airlock fodder.

I guess this is a criticism of the rank table as it is of mission design. It's the interplay between the two that makes it unappealing.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I didn't even notice, as I only needed about 3K VP during the Galaxy Phase to collect my thresholds, and I was done. I ended up using my extra 2000 chrons for crew building. Got 6 more immortals done this weekend.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    That event that I finished Friday is still going on? Huh. ;)
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I'll bite. Going for it anyway, despite higher chron costs.
    That event that I finished Friday is still going on? Huh. ;)

Now that is a little bit of showing off no? No worries, if you have invested 2 years here and amassed a huge crew, you should be able to take advantage of it. 😀
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Allow me to add another option to the poll.
    * i didn’t need to do anything in the galaxy part because I got high enough points in the faction half to secure top 1000.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only submitted one recipe, just can't be bothered with it so not noticed any difference in cost
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Too expensive by far. I'm boycotting.
    I didn’t even play enough to get the 2nd Archer. I would airlock him but he may be part of a collection so I’ll keep him for now. Wasn’t at all interested in Jake to even buy an event pack. I’ve had Kim FF for a while but I only keep him for collections as well. Jake and Kim the bottom two of my least favorite Trek characters. The next event does nothing for me either, really hoping it gets better.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would shell out the extra chrons, but the rank rewards don't interest me.
    @Dirk Gunderson
    You were right on.
    I did not go all out on Faction event. I do not think I could have cracked the top 1000. But it might have been possible. Besides the Galaxy being more difficult, so was the Faction. Because of the bonus crew. I was slightly better than 3 out of 4 success rate on shuttles.

Anyhow my main account was at 147032 which placed 3329.
    My second account was at 157830 which placed 2957.

Normally this would be higher VP but rank >5000.

Edit: did not craft anything, all faction.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't recall participating after the Faction stage in a Hybrid event but I did this time.

Was top 1000 after Phase 1 and wanted at least 2 more Kims for get him FF and frozen (useless stats) ... so I did some crafting but wasn't sure how much I needed to do to stay above rank 2500 ... I saw I wasn't dropping much so stopped and in the end came in around rank 1400, my highest placing ever in a Hybrid event.
    --> both Kim and Archer frozen.