Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad Warps Not Working

The ad always plays properly and reaches the end however it ends on a completely blank white screen. I’m unable to do anything and have to kill the app. This usually happens 3-4 times EVERY time I attempt an ad warp. The third or fourth attempt will then result in a successful landing screen for the ad where I can close to receive the rewards.

All of this takes a large chunk of time to play an ad 3-4 times and restart the app 2-3 times just for a single ad warp. It's becoming not worth the hassle.

I’m on an iPad Air and running iOS 11.0.

Comments

• Options
    Same here. I experienced this before AND after updating to the latest iOS.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    The ads that do show up, whether working or not, are 1-2 hrs apart, rather than the 5 minutes they were before. That means to get the ten ads per day I am needing 10-20 hrs set aside to check in with the game...
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    I have the same issue with the free warps since update on 3.0
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    To allow us to investigate this further please provide us with the following information:
    - type of device used
    - operating system
    - specific type of ad, like ad for game X or item Y

Thank you!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I get a black screen with a white circle instead of an ad.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    I play on samsung mobile when I'm on the move and on Ipad air when I'm at home. Ads now seem to work on samsung, but display the same problems as above on Ipad.
  • Options
    Issue #1 - Ad for dating site tinder is 2 minutes long and can't be X'd out. The only way to cancel or forfeit is to kill the app and restart. The ad is far too long. You should only accept ads up to 60 seconds.

Issue #2 - You should not accept adult-oriented ads for games with excessively violent (blood/gore) or drug-related themes (selling pot) unless you give us an option to control it. Even though a player such as I may be registered as an adult, my children often like to watch me play and sometimes play along. They are excited by the science and space travel. We should have an option in the app to filter out adult-oriented advertising.

Android v1.2.3.4. Occurs on Samsung J3 and S5.
  • Options
    TromasterTromaster ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Shan, regarding the white screen issue I'm encountering (OP), I outlined some of the latest ad warp attempts I've made along with what ad was shown and its result.

1st attempt: Homescapes —> White screen
    2nd attempt: Homescapes —> Worked

1st attempt: Star Wars Force Collection —> Worked

2nd attempt: Homescapes —> White screen
    3rd attempt: Homescapes —> White screen
    4th attempt: Scatter Hold 'em Poker —> Worked

2nd attempt: Homescapes —> White screen
    3rd attempt: Lineage 2: Revolution —> White screen
    4th attempt: Homescapes —> White screen
    5th attempt: Pirates of the Caribbean Tides of War —> White screen
    6th attempt: Titanfall Assault —> White screen
    7th attempt: Lineage 2: Revolution —> Worked

These are all on an iPad Air on iOS 11.0.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    To allow us to investigate this further please provide us with the following information:
    - type of device used
    - operating system

Thank you!

iPhone 6
    iOS (the newest version, though it happened on the previous one as well)
    Every kind. I mostly receive game adverts though.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    The ads that do show up, whether working or not, are 1-2 hrs apart, rather than the 5 minutes they were before. That means to get the ten ads per day I am needing 10-20 hrs set aside to check in with the game...

Happening on all my devices running timelines.
    Samsung S3 (4.4.2)
    Note 4 (5.0)
    Tab 3 jellybean
    Alcatel xl (5.1.1)
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Please just go back to the previous implementation.

The issues I'm having are:

1. Android 7.11
    2. MOTO Z Play
    3. All ads!! Doesn't matter if it's for a game, or a commercial. When the ad is done, I close the ad and there is no "Hailing Starfleet". The option to watch the ad remains. Maybe 1/10 ads I watch will drop the item. There does not seem to be a pattern other than when it does work correctly, the ad I just watched was one I never saw before.

Just for clarity.... Please just go back to the previous implementation. ;)
    [QH] Hassinator
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!
  • Options
    I've been trying to ad warp today, ever since noon CST and have been unable to. Clicking to ad warp just gives me a black screen before returning me to the mission selection. Is anyone else having this problem? Tried restarting and it didn't help.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn.
  • Options
    I have seen this also. This new ad server is sub par compared to its predecessor .
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to ad warp today, ever since noon CST and have been unable to. Clicking to ad warp just gives me a black screen before returning me to the mission selection. Is anyone else having this problem? Tried restarting and it didn't help.

I have moved your thread to this category and merged with the existing thread.
    Could you please provide details on your device, operating system? Thank you!
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this happen today on my Galaxy Tab S with a McDonald's ad. I'm running Android 6.0.1
  • Options
    When the orange watch video shows up, it goes to a black screen with a white circle. Has been doing this off and on for the last 3 days. After about 20 seconds it goes away and back to the game with the orange watch video still there. If I restart the game the watch viedo is gone, and it seem like the time between videos is hours.
    My phone is an (LG Stylo 2) (Carrier Boost Mobile) (Android version 7.0)
    (Software version LS775VB)
  • Options
    Can we just get a preference to not see them? I keep hitting it by accident when I do a multi-warp for farming and crashes EVERY TIME! Ever since 3.0 Upgrade I believe?

iPad3 iOS 10.3.3
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    - type of device used
    - operating system

Thank you!

The specific ad itself issues:
    The tv type ads for toothpaste or McDonald's buffer & often gives unable to load button. Pressing it goes back to the orange ad button. If I try again it stutters & stammers through the ad (no offense to anyone, seems the most direct phrase accurately to what's happening).

The 2 hrs between ads, especially when one just watched ad that failed to give rewards is maddening, to say the least. Currently this is soooo much worse than the old arena & cadets 9 min cool down!

Please go back to the 5 min wait time between.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Checking in every 2hrs for an adwarp, round the clock that's 20 hrs to get the 10/day.
    This is the schedule for babies!! NOT for games!!

Ask any new parent about the joys of parenthood & the every two hours around the clock feeding schedule is coming in on the 'I've arrived in Hell' experience list.

~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    weatherseedweatherseed ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have moved your thread to this category and merged with the existing thread.
    Could you please provide details on your device, operating system? Thank you!

Two devices, technically. Works fine on my Nexus 5X. Primary is an emulator, Nox 5.2.0.0 running Kitkat.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2 hrs between ads, especially when one just watched ad that failed to give rewards is maddening, to say the least. Currently this is soooo much worse than the old arena & cadets 9 min cool down!

I am almost certain that one of the reasons they switched to a new ad provider was to spread out the ad experience more evenly to players. While you may have previously gotten one every 5 minutes, with a few exceptions, the fastest frequency I experienced was one ad every 45 minutes (though usually it was more like one every few hours)... and some players complained that they didn't see any ads for days at a time. So I'm thinking the new provider is able to stagger them more evenly throughout the day, to everyone equally (or at least a lot closer to equally than it was before).

Not saying there aren't major issues with the new provider -- since the changeover, I've had a lot more non-playing ads, and ads that crashed my game -- but I'm willing to bet that the new provider promised more equity regarding the frequency of ads shown to the player base.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Well, they work for me now.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »

I am almost certain that one of the reasons they switched to a new ad provider was to spread out the ad experience more evenly to players. While you may have previously gotten one every 5 minutes, with a few exceptions, the fastest frequency I experienced was one ad every 45 minutes (though usually it was more like one every few hours)... and some players complained that they didn't see any ads for days at a time. So I'm thinking the new provider is able to stagger them more evenly throughout the day, to everyone equally (or at least a lot closer to equally than it was before).

Not saying there aren't major issues with the new provider -- since the changeover, I've had a lot more non-playing ads, and ads that crashed my game -- but I'm willing to bet that the new provider promised more equity regarding the frequency of ads shown to the player base.

Not seeing the equity issue between 10 ads/day watched in one batch over the span of an hour v spread out over 20hrs. Except to my QOL.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    I am seeing this same issue.

Probably a 90% failure rate on video advertisements since the Voyages update. Ads will play and at the end of the ad the screen goes white and the app is hung. Only way to get back is to kill the app and restart (several minutes) and no chroniton/mission reward of course. I am on iPad Air, iOS11.0.2. StarTrek Timelines Revision is 86307.

Best I can tell, when an ad finishes, there is a switch from the full-screen video add to a small screen dialog where you can normally chose an X to kill the ad. Even when video ads work, there is often a fast white screen flash between the end of ad video and the dialog to that allows player to dismiss it. I suspect the second dialog (the one that allows the user to exit the ad) is not popping for some reason. Therefore, it is hung between the two and no timeout or retry.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Not seeing the equity issue between 10 ads/day watched in one batch over the span of an hour v spread out over 20hrs. Except to my QOL.

Well, again, you may have been seeing 10 ads a day, but others did not see nearly that many -- regardless of how spread out or close together they may have been for any of the parties involved.

For me, ads were just sort of all over the place with the previous ad supplier. I would have days where I'd only get a few, and then some days where I'd have as many as a few dozen spread out over a 24-hour period. Whether or not the switch to the new ad provider has successfully addressed the various inequities amongst players, I don't know. But I do believe that was one of the main reasons for the switch. I could be wrong, of course. (It's happened once or twice before...)

• Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Please stop with the cries of justice when, rather than making an improvement for another so they get the same (ie proper working ads), you advocate this same lack of fairness for me is the direction of equitable.

Nod posted guidelines on forum. 10/day he explicitly stated were possible. So is getting locutus or guinan...i don't have either. But i got the 10 ads. How do you see this as my getting more to the point when mine became non-functional, you make point how more equitable this is becoming.

Why am i the bad guy here because my game had what was the standard posted? Get on board wanting everyone to get the standard but don't equivocate that with taking said standard away.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Get everyone's ads working, Great, Making mine worse, Not.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop with the cries of justice when, rather than making an improvement for another so they get the same (ie proper working ads), you advocate this same lack of fairness for me is the direction of equitable.

Nod posted guidelines on forum. 10/day he explicitly stated were possible. So is getting locutus or guinan...i don't have either. But i got the 10 ads. How do you see this as my getting more to the point when mine became non-functional, you make point how more equitable this is becoming.

Why am i the bad guy here because my game had what was the standard posted? Get on board wanting everyone to get the standard but don't equivocate that with taking said standard away.

I realize it's probably upsetting to have been among a probably small percentage of players who were getting ads every 10 minutes, to consider the notion of getting them only as often as everyone else. You'll forgive me, however, if I don't empathize. If a system that is lopsided in favor of a number of players while at the same time disfavoring other players, is changed so that everyone now has the same opportunity, this is what is called equity.

Please understand, however, that as I mentioned earlier, I am not stating that this goal of equity has been accomplished. Rather, I am stating that I believe that that was the goal of switching ad servers. What I am debating with you is not the current state of the ads (messed up as they may be), but rather the idea of making them more equal for all players.

• Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    You willfully misunderstand. Again. I was getting ads as stated in the sticky post: 10/day & 10 min between. Then wait for reset next day.

And now those 10 don't work.

~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Getting this all the time also. Complete pain in the butt.