Home The Bridge

Did they nerf chrons in Phase 2?

Old BennOld Benn ✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
I just spent 20k Intel in Phase 2, and I only got 1 batch of Chrons. Am I just unlucky? Or did they nerf the chron drop rate?

Comments

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seemed to do that early Friday in my estimation, around the same time phase 1 difficulty slightly increased
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I actually saw the 300 chron drop twice during my first few runs of Phase 2. I was wondering the opposite, whether they had "reset" the drop rate, because I have only been getting the small drops for quite a while before that.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    its a relatively low probability, so subject to streaky runs. I've bounced back and forth between the 1700 I've started with down to as low as 500 after a full intel run. I have not noticed a huge difference post phase change.
  • Roonis wrote: »
    its a relatively low probability, so subject to streaky runs. I've bounced back and forth between the 1700 I've started with down to as low as 500 after a full intel run. I have not noticed a huge difference post phase change.
    Good to get another data point, so thank you. But, it’s really not a low probability. According to DB’s own in-game odds, it 11% chance each time. So for 4 drops per skirmish, you should have around 37% chance of getting some chrons. (I’m rounding here, so stat gurus don’t slay me.) So, on average, you should get some chrons once every 3 skirmishes. I just ran 20 skirmishes and only got 1.

Possible? Yes. Probable? No.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Old Benn wrote: »
    According to DB’s own in-game odds, it 11% chance each time. So for 4 drops per skirmish, you should have around 37% chance of getting some chrons. (I’m rounding here, so stat gurus don’t slay me.)

At least you didn't say 44%. :D
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just pulled 76 Chrons on Battle 2 on Epic.
    Probably my first since the phase change.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent 20k Intel in Phase 2, and I only got 1 batch of Chrons. Am I just unlucky? Or did they nerf the chron drop rate?

I wasn't receiving much the first phase. Never got 300. I assume it has something to do with ships or crew.
    Roonis wrote: »
    Good to get another data point, so thank you. But, it’s really not a low probability. According to DB’s own in-game odds, it 11% chance each time. So for 4 drops per skirmish, you should have around 37% chance of getting some chrons. (I’m rounding here, so stat gurus don’t slay me.) So, on average, you should get some chrons once every 3 skirmishes. I just ran 20 skirmishes and only got 1.

Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

it's a low enough probability that streaks will happen is more the point

you should average around 1 chrono every 3 tickets, however, it is not unreasonable to get multiple chrono pulls on the same ticket. (done it multiple times) or back to back tickets.

Also, I've three times had streaks of no chrons for 10, 8, and 11 tickets.

All of these are low probabilities, but not astronomically so. And of course, one result does not affect the next.

All of our statements are anecdotal, and not independently verified for proper data collection. I can just tell you that I had a few horrible runs without Chrons in phase 1, and so far with only about 9k intel spent in phase 2, already have around 500 chron returned. Which seems about my average for the whole event.
  • DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    kknq40yzyyb3.jpg
    Doesn't look like nerf to me 😀
    that's VP not chron.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I would not bark at 1500 VP, I'm usually getting 300.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    Oops, you're right. I guess I better not refrain from speculating about a nerf 🙄
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    What crew are you people running to get 1500vp bonus reward? As far as I can tell, trait matches don't make a difference. A double trait match on event crew gives me the same minimum with as far as i can tell the same frequency as event crew with 0 matching traits.
  • RabbRabb ✭✭
    I haven't seen a 300 chron in Phase 2 yet, I got about 12 in Phase 1 for about the same number of runs.

I have hit 150 chrons quite a few times and for me I'd say the chron rate is about the same. I thought maybe they swapped the 300 to a 150 as a quick fix but seems not.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    What crew are you people running to get 1500vp bonus reward? As far as I can tell, trait matches don't make a difference. A double trait match on event crew gives me the same minimum with as far as i can tell the same frequency as event crew with 0 matching traits.

You have to have one of the event crew for the big bonus (Enemy Lines Sisko, Young Khan, Anakin Bashir or Roga Danar.) But the 1500 VP bonus rewards are just random, I believe.

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

You have to have one of the event crew for the big bonus (Enemy Lines Sisko, Young Khan, Anakin Bashir or Roga Danar.) But the 1500 VP bonus rewards are just random, I believe.

Event crew plus trait for biggest drop.
    It is all random on drop.
    Of course, lowest level reward drops the most.
    I have yet to get a level 4 drop or pack drop.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, I must have been vacuuming up all of your RNG today. Across perhaps 12k-15k intel spent tonight I probably rolled up 1000+ extra chrons, including one 300 and three 150s. I’m off to bed soon, so maybe your luck will turn over the next several hours.
  • Captain May I.Captain May I. ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I was getting quite a few chrons, right up until fired up a Supply kit where burned through 12,000+ intel and didn’t get a single chron drop.
  • I had 300 chrons twice in my last 6 skirmishes + 3 times 76. Looks normal to me.
  • wfgwfg ✭✭
    I consistently go 5-6 runs without seeing any chrons at all in both phases, so not nerfed in my view but lame all around.
  • I spent about 20k intel and got about 1500 chrons as rewards. It’s random but chrons are still dropping for me
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gaining Intel in both my accounts when I was skirmishing in the first 24 hours of skirmish. Since then I have been not gaining or losing in my main. But I am losing in my secondary.
    Keep in mind voyages have kept me afloat in both my accounts.

But in first 24 hours I did not need voyage Chron.
    So I believe the reward of Chron. has been reduced.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent noticed any drop in chrons.
    Let’s fly!
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m getting more chronitons in phase 2. In phase one the RNG for me made the drop rate much, much lower than their posted rate so it’s balancing out (almost)
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    I feel like they have. I was getting 300 regularly in phase 1. Not seen it in phase 2
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    I feel like they have. I was getting 300 regularly in phase 1. Not seen it in phase 2

Btw, not complaining, it was inevitable... but it’s a shame and fun while it lasted, I think I’ve gained 30000 honour this weekend!

• I gave received 600 once, and just received my first portal pull, a 4* behold for 200 honor.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @Gib - MARINERS
    What did you get 600 of and do you have a screenshot?

I have been hoping to get 600 honor or Chron. so I could prove that they do exist.
    No one has pic yet. And they are extremely hard to get. I have not gotten either. There was a report of 600 Chron. by ones wife. So two people involved to me that makes it believable.
    After looking at different possibilities for bonus crew, I believe there are four levels of rewards. But proof of 4th level would be screenshot.

Other 4th levels would be 3000 VP (reported but no pic)
    Do not know what intel would be (3rd level is 240), same with credits (3rd level is 6000)
    My thinking is a x10 premium pack for 4th level on portal pack, but I am guessing.