Home The Bridge

Seriously? Two Different New 5* Crew on Tuesday in Different Packs?

Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
The Tuesday "Best Chance" packs are bad enough, but to introduce two of them at once? Is there any reason, other than pure greed, that both couldn't have been included in the same pack with one other gold and 3 purples?

This is the most blatant cash grab I've seen. Normally I'm a big fan of new crew, but this is just over the top.

/rant off

Definitely a pass on these - Edit: Decided to buy the Gorkon pack after all, purely because of Colonel Worf. Bought 3 packs and got 3 Worfs so now that's a FF voyage only crew

Comments

• RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda wish I'd read this post before pulling the Gorkon pack. (I ended up with a third star for Wrathful Khan, so it wasn't all bad).

But yeah, you're right. This is arguably one of the shadiest moves DB has done in a while, and they're not a company that's exactly known for their above board practices.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I think it would be great if some other players were also equipped with a /rant off button ;) But I suppose we cannot expect everyone to be as gifted as you Althea :blush:
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    I think it would be great if some other players were also equipped with a /rank off button ;) But I suppose we cannot expect everyone to be as gifted as you Althea :blush:

Thanks. I really hate ranting and usually try to keep my posts on the positive side but this one just pushed the wrong button at the wrong time :)
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Isnt having colonel Worf in an event pack a bit of a cheat? I thought the whole point of voyage only crew being voyage only meant that they wouldn't appear in packs

Any players who had burnt honour to FF voyage crew would be annoyed to get the same crew in a pack
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Isnt having colonel Worf in an event pack a bit of a cheat? I thought the whole point of voyage only crew being voyage only meant that they wouldn't appear in packs

Any players who had burnt honour to FF voyage crew would be annoyed to get the same crew in a pack

Yeah, it sounds like it may have been a mistake. When it was pointed out to Shan in a different thread, she was bringing it to the attention of the team.
  • I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭

No kidding!

I spend Honour FF/FE the Clown and Thot. If they start showing up in packs I'll be pretty pissed.

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question, why during an augment/ds9 mega event are we getting Tuesday packs with other crew? If we want to keep this theme for the mega event, why not introduce more theme related characters?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    So...don't buy the pack? I'm not sure I understand how additional crew is any more or less greedy than what they usually do. They weren't even gaudy, over-the-top stats.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Another question, why during an augment/ds9 mega event are we getting Tuesday packs with other crew? If we want to keep this theme for the mega event, why not introduce more theme related characters?

There are. The one pack includes Wrathful Khan as one of the Legendary crew and the other includes Protomorphosis Worf as a Legendary crew. One Augment and one DS9

But you make a good point. They should have had the one pack contain 6 Augments and the other 6 DS9 crew.

There could have been a new Legendary Augment plus Joachim and Wrathful Khan as the 3 golds and Augment Riker, RAF Bashir and Young Khan as the 3 purples. Then a new Legendary Ezri Dax along 2 of the many 5* DS9 crew and 3 of the multitude of 4* DS9 crew already in the game for the purples
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to get lots of special packs in the time portal; I just wish they would add new Super Rare crew along with the new Legendaries. The high chance of getting crew I've already immortalized is not very appealing.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it sounds like it may have been a mistake. When it was pointed out to Shan in a different thread, she was bringing it to the attention of the team.

DB need to stop the guy who loads the shotgun before they test fire it at their feet
    So...don't buy the pack? I'm not sure I understand how additional crew is any more or less greedy than what they usually do. They weren't even gaudy, over-the-top stats.

Because they are introducing 2 new 5* crew on a Tuesday (it's been either 0 or 1 in the past) and instead of putting them in the same pack, they are putting them in different packs. It's already quite expensive to get the new Tuesday crew.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

She has since clarified it was intentional.
    I'm happy to get lots of special packs in the time portal; I just wish they would add new Super Rare crew along with the new Legendaries. The high chance of getting crew I've already immortalized is not very appealing.

For me it's almost a 100% chance of getting crew that are already FF. If there is a 4* crew available in the premium time portal I already have them FF. Every single one. With a legendary dropping about 1 in every 10 packs, that means 9 packs of airlocks/honor and one (potentially) useful crew.

Because they are introducing 2 new 5* crew on a Tuesday (it's been either 0 or 1 in the past) and instead of putting them in the same pack, they are putting them in different packs. It's already quite expensive to get the new Tuesday crew.

...So...don't get them...?
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought two packs one Worf and one Khan. Quit while I'm ahead me thinks!!
    DB: Do Better

I'm always baffled by comments like this.

Players shouldn't point out issues and they should just take what is provided without question? If that was the case we wouldn't have Issue 8, better crew filtering, voyages, gauntlet, any event other than factions, or any of the other improvements that have been made to the game. Everyone should have just taken the game as it was when it was first released and shut up and played? For the games (or really anything) to improve, feedback is important. Having others belittle or dismiss that feedback is counter productive.

You accuse them of being greedy and then break down and buy the pack anyways. How exactly are you registering your complaint? If you want them to ACTUALLY listen, then maybe you shouldn't buy the item you're complaining about. It doesn't really give you much of a leg to stand on.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Players shouldn't point out issues and they should just take what is provided without question? If that was the case we wouldn't have Issue 8, better crew filtering, voyages, gauntlet, any event other than factions, or any of the other improvements that have been made to the game. Everyone should have just taken the game as it was when it was first released and shut up and played? For the games (or really anything) to improve, feedback is important. Having others belittle or dismiss that feedback is counter productive.

You accuse them of being greedy and then break down and buy the pack anyways. How exactly are you registering your complaint? If you want them to ACTUALLY listen, then maybe you shouldn't buy the item you're complaining about. It doesn't really give you much of a leg to stand on.

Unless they not only complain but don't buy.

I'm kinda meh on the whole argument... hence blowing some dil on it.
    edited June 2018

Baffled again. So if something isn't perfect it should be avoided at all cost? I'm not following your logic

I didn't make the purchase because of the legendary crew. I made the purchase of only 1 of the 2 packs because of the only super rare crew in either pack that I could use. I'm registering the complaint by 1) posting here and 2) not spending the $100 or so that on the Tuesday packs as I have in the past.

Either way, I've no interest in getting into arguments here because that way just leads to threads being closed when they get derailed.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all 12 characters were in one pack I'd might go for it.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with this? They're theme packs. The way I see it, releasing them both today instead of one now, one next week, gives people more choices as to which one they'd like to pick.
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    My assumption re: the Voyages-only crew was that at some point they were going to have to start offering them in packs, probably as a six-pack unto themselves, after enough people got them that they were considering rotating them out. In fact, the only reason I already have Colonel Worf is that I got him from a previous Elusive Treasures round.

I'm not sure how Tosk and Gorkon being available in six-packs qualifies as a "best of", when they're very much not the same thing at all. The packs being less appealing in general to those of us who already have a majority of the crew in the game is, well, a consequence of us already having a majority of the crew in the game. They're miles better than the genuine Fat Chance Of packs like "here's the only shot we're giving you at First Officer Burnham, good luck with that".
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how Tosk and Gorkon being available in six-packs qualifies as a "best of", when they're very much not the same thing at all. The packs being less appealing in general to those of us who already have a majority of the crew in the game is, well, a consequence of us already having a majority of the crew in the game. They're miles better than the genuine Fat Chance Of packs like "here's the only shot we're giving you at First Officer Burnham, good luck with that".

Exactly, world of difference to the infamous "best chance packs". Cause if a legendary character drops it will be one of the 3 featured choices in the tuesday packs. Also when I go to a store I like to have a variety of offers between whom I can decide. I prefer to have choices. So I see nothing bad in this offering at all. And, as you said, for long term players these packs would have to include something very special to be tempting. While newcomers to the game have some variety to pick from.

• No Gorkon but 3 copies of Colonel Worf so Im happy
  • Definitely a pass on these - Edit: Decided to buy the Gorkon pack after all

That's your problem right there. Don't moan and then give in; you are totally missing the point!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with this? They're theme packs. The way I see it, releasing them both today instead of one now, one next week, gives people more choices as to which one they'd like to pick.

I have no problem with it but my reason is I never buy the Tuesday theme pack regardless of who is in it. Not worth the gamble

I am with you.
    But I also like discounts.
    I do not remember packs costing dil. being discounted.
    If they were, I did not like the amount of discount.

There are players who buy the Tuesday packs each week. You are requiring those players to double the amount of money they spend this way.
    edited June 2018
    Definitely a pass on these - Edit: Decided to buy the Gorkon pack after all

That's your problem right there. Don't moan and then give in; you are totally missing the point!

Continue reading. Already covered this point :)