Home The Bridge

DB - Thank you for listening! Shuttles, Dax art, + changes to events:

13»

Comments

• t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    (Wow I am very pedantic....)

I would not call you that lol. You can be detail oriented and precise, but I don't think it normally goes over the line.

I think the other factor in regards to new Trek fans is, at least in the US, Discovery isn't going to really be a lot of people's first Trek. It's hidden behind a paywall on a limited appeal new streaming service. Trek fans have to go search it out, and it seems like a majority are cancelling said service when it's done.

It may bring some folks back into fandom, folks who liked Trek previously but hadn't kept the torch burning through the quiet times. The exposure just isnt there though. You don't accidentally happen onto Discovery and check it out for the first time, you have to search it out specifically. It seems like CBS even intends to keep it off US Netflix after the first season, which is in my opinion bad since that would give a chance for actual exposure to a new audience and would up their subscribers for season 2. Throw the first season up for 3-6 months just to get people to give the show a chance.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think part of the player turnover, so to speak, is that the game is very time intensive.

People move on with their lives.

For me, it's not uncommon to pick up a mobile game, play it a handful of times, and then move on. I stopped playing this game for months when I got a new job.

Some people stop playing when they have their own tiny humans. Some of these people come back later, some don't.

And, as has been said, there's not really a massive pool of potential players to begin with.
  • ikkikk ✭✭
    Please can we keep ad hominem to a minimum?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    ikk wrote: »
    Please can we keep ad hominem to a minimum?

Only if we can actually understand what that really means, lol.
  • Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Nothing nice and/or productive to add to a thread? Do not post. ˜Shan
  • I think a legendary in the threshold is a brilliant idea. It would further encourage people to score higher to get another star. Sometimes I just don't want to be in the top 1000 just for a 1/5. But to end with 2/5 is more enticing.
  • I still think that they should have added an ‘Abandon Shuttle Mission’ button where your crew is immediately returned with no rewards. In case you accidentally sent out shuttles right before the event starts, then you don’t have to use Dilithium to get them back.

This is something I've always thought about when i have accidentally sent shuttles with the wrong boost. This is sorely needed, and way over due DB!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even scrolling through this thread to see what (if anything) was snipped felt like a chore.
  • Shan wrote: »
    A reminder to everyone that any point you are trying to make will not be made more valid by dissing someone's else point. Do not make it personal, discussions are meant to be an exchange, not a bash fest.

This is really appreciated Shan. I've been wanting to revisit to talk with people here on points I find interesting, I do have thoughts to share and maybe others would too. But been procrastinating (wonder why). Thanks for leaving it open so we can discuss the things themselves.

When I've given the words another good read-thru to reply, and when others puts their ideas into the forums too - I'd hope for whoever responds back to keep in mind one of the reasons [10F] Belle'Anna suggested for why the player base might not be growing as much as it could be:
    "Is it because of antagonism on the forums when they try to express new ideas?"