Home The Bridge

Top 1000? Pssshh... Where are the Winners?

All this talk about top 1000. I've been there once, for an expedition event no less. I'd like to hear from some people that have won an event before. #1. Numero Uno. I want to know what you did to get there, and any relevant trials and tribulations. For example:

By day 4 my hands were shaking so much from all of the tapping that I thought that I may lose a grip on my phone. It was frightening to say the least, but I gathered my remaining strength and dried my sweaty palms on my jeans and carried on.

But then... *knock*knock* Who is that at the door? Who could be so selfish as to interrupt me at zero hour, just when I cracked the top 3? While the missions of the galaxy event flew by with all of my collected items, I yelled out "Who is it?!"

"It's the police. Your mother asked us to do a well-being check because you haven't answered her calls in a few days."

"No time to talk!" I replied, concentrating on my incessant tapping. "This event win is almost within my grasp!"

I returned to the Star Trek world, and gripped my phone tighter, almost to symbolize my tighter grip on first place. FIRST PLACE! I am finally there. Now, just to keep it for another 3 hours...

Maybe I got carried away. Anyway, don't worry about giving away your secrets. 99% of players here don't have the combination of time, crew, shuttle boosts, money, and overall dedication that it takes to win an event with 25 billion VP. Seriously though. It's so hard to get into the top 1000. How do you actually win?
"I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Wow grats! Must have taken a lot of dil effort and time to push for numero uno, in a Expedition no less. The best I have finished is 27th, in a faction event. Having a solid squad backing you up really helps in that respect.

I missed out on #25 on account of people mass rushing shuttles in order to get there. I figured, they wanted it more/had more dil so its all good, though I do wish there was more of a bonus to finishing in the top 50/100.

DB: Do Better
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several event winners I know personally just save chrons and farm inventory for months upon months. And then they spend it all on a galaxy event, and take #1.
  • Many on my fleet have won all kinds of events (except the Skirmishes, mind you) through mostly grinding.
    For Galaxies, saving up months' worth of items and chronitrons; Faction, stocking up on nearly-endless timers; Expedition, well, tapping away as fast as humanely possible.
    All in all, it gets to a point that dilithium use isn't as necessary as it seems.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many on my fleet have won all kinds of events (except the Skirmishes, mind you) through mostly grinding.
    For Galaxies, saving up months' worth of items and chronitrons; Faction, stocking up on nearly-endless timers; Expedition, well, tapping away as fast as humanely possible.
    All in all, it gets to a point that dilithium use isn't as necessary as it seems.

I'd agree with you on most of those- in a cutthroat faction event, you absolutely need dilithium.
  • Jim Steele wrote: »
    Wow grats! Must have taken a lot of dil effort and time to push for numero uno, in a Expedition no less.

As much as I'd like to take credit for a win, which is what I think you are saying (you may have misread), I'm saying I have only finished in the top 1000, one time.

The congratulations goes to you. 27th in a faction event is no small feat.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
  • For Galaxies, saving up months' worth of items and chronitrons; Faction, stocking up on nearly-endless timers; Expedition, well, tapping away as fast as humanely possible.

I suspected as much, but I was like "no one would have the patience to stock up for that long, so there must be some other strategy." Apparently I was sorely mistaken.

• I'd agree with you on most of those- in a cutthroat faction event, you absolutely need dilithium.

Dilithium bum rush is diminished significantly when you use timers as well. Practical? Not unless you're extremely well stocked in both. And again... Months' worth of grind
  • I suspected as much, but I was like "no one would have the patience to stock up for that long, so there must be some other strategy." Apparently I was sorely mistaken.

People do have the patience to grind. You'd be surprised at how much you can stock up in a pair of months' time.
    (personally, I do have that patience to grind, but not to spend... At least, in Galaxy events)
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree with you on most of those- in a cutthroat faction event, you absolutely need dilithium.

Dilithium bum rush is diminished significantly when you use timers as well. Practical? Not unless you're extremely well stocked in both. And again... Months' worth of grind

To hit Number 1 in a Faction you will pretty much have to spend DIL. One of my fleet mates spoke to one of the guys at the top asking how he hit Threshold and above within an hour of the event starting and the response was that they were basically doubling up shuttles and paying to bring them straight back.

When you are up against that even 5 star timers are not going to be little help.

Although if you had a thousand of them and worked with a partner to send shuttles out every 30 minutes you could probably finish 1st.
  • Ego DraconisEgo Draconis ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hunter, I meant combining dilithium and timers to rush shuttles AND decrease dilithium spending. Apologies if I wasn't clear enough
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my. RIP Tom.
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Wow grats! Must have taken a lot of dil effort and time to push for numero uno, in a Expedition no less.

As much as I'd like to take credit for a win, which is what I think you are saying (you may have misread), I'm saying I have only finished in the top 1000, one time.

The congratulations goes to you. 27th in a faction event is no small feat.
    Thanks, I stockpiled time boosters from Thursdays cadets and had a top squadron behind me. VP points from being SL is basically like having a fourth shuttle.

Sometimes, winners also burn their thanksgiving turkey cause they were busy tapping.
    Shoot, I had to "go to the bathroom" with an "upset stomach" when we had guests over at Christmas just so I could monitor the last 10 minutes uninterrupted to see if I needed to buy dil and more expedition tickets just to stay in Top 1000 during the Mirror Crusher fiasco.
    Ha ha, you must have had the same stomach bug as me...

• [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who, as a result of this thread, now feels incredibly... sad?
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    I have respect for people who can grind an event for hours or even days on end. It's something I couldn't do. Any more than about half an hour on a repetitive task sets my teeth on edge.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspected as much, but I was like "no one would have the patience to stock up for that long, so there must be some other strategy." Apparently I was sorely mistaken.

Its not a matter of patience, its more a matter of what the hell else am I going to do with all this crap?

I mostly just accumulate items. I can level almost anything in less than 10 minutes. The only time I don't is to game the Dabo wheel and Gauntlet for items.

I tried to win Prime Directive a couple months ago. I failed and only got 4th place. I now have more items than I did when I dumped into that one Galaxy Event. Next week I could probably make a pretty honest run for top 5 if I wanted to. Which I probably don't because the amount of tapping to get that far is diabolical.

Galaxy events probably need a tweak with regards to item management. They should probably increase the number of items per build. They should also think of new ways for us to use up our items. Currently Galaxy events and the Replicator do not really cause item depletion.

Faction events are something else entirely but the one time I tried to make top 25 I used up 70+ time reducers and still came up short. It was a repeat and I already the 5* crew at 3/5.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    This is for Frank.

How much time do you reckon to win the galaxy? Or at least top 3.

I have the chronitons but wouldn't want to tap for more than around 12 hours. Would it be much more than this?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    This is for Frank.

I have the chronitons but wouldn't want to tap for more than around 12 hours. Would it be much more than this?
    V. wrote: »
    This is for Frank.

it honestly depends on how you do it. I know the Jake Hybrid event which DangerDrake won, he was hovering top 3 the faction half and was getting a ton of pms feeling him out on if he was going for it or not. He put in a hectic 9 hours straight off the bat on phase change to put a million point lead up and dissuade anyone else from trying. probably saved him a million or two in scoring/work. I would say he still probably put in at least 16ish hours of tapping in two days.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Ronig just said is correct. Plan to tap for 3-4 hours per day, each day, of the event.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    That's a good point about the hybrid events. I'll probably do it on one of those. It's just hard to pull the trigger because it's a once or twice a year sort of thing.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Oh and possibly Macro
  • And maybe a Issue with Steam users
  • My folks taught me to play honestly, no cheating....and not to throw a fit if someone else wins.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dont understand the appeal of ranking number 1. In order to do it you will have had to have bought all the event crew before the event so your prize of more event crew isnt very good. If you already have them immortalized why get more? Are bragging rights that good when there is another event the very next week?
    Let’s fly!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I’ve had some top 20 finishes, my best being #7. If you have the crew, a top 1k finish is not difficult in a faction event. To win you’re probably going to have to either spend some dilithium, or hope it’s a repeat event and no one cares to play.

Edit: “To Win” refers to finishing #1, not top 1000
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...