Home The Bridge

Top 1000? Pssshh... Where are the Winners?

2»

Comments

• I have finished top 5 twice, both in galaxy. Best in faction was top25. The first galaxy was almost a year ago, Tilly was the event crew and ran me about 35k chrons and about a month of prefarming. Finished #5 in the warship Tuvok event. Prefarmed about 2 months and entered the event with 80k chrons. Spent about 4 hrs a day tapping. One of my squadmates finished 1st and just about doubled what I spent in the way of chrons.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dont understand the appeal of ranking number 1. In order to do it you will have had to have bought all the event crew before the event so your prize of more event crew isnt very good. If you already have them immortalized why get more? Are bragging rights that good when there is another event the very next week?

It depends on the event. A F2P won a galaxy event without buying any packs in advance. That was a free 5/5. You could certainly have won skirmish without buying any crew. For expedition events if you have both 4* and possibly the mega 5* and they cover all skills, then you might not need the event 5*. You almost certainly don't need a 5/5 event crew before the event. A 1/5 can generally cover the hardest node and provides max bonus. A faction event you would likely need the 5/5 at the start to have a shot.
  • Best I got was 5th place with 50000 chrons spent.

The skirmish only took me 10000 chrons to land top 50 so... that's something
  • Elynduil wrote: »
    Am I the only one who, as a result of this thread, now feels incredibly... sad?

It is rather disappointing hearing the real deal on how people won. It lets me know that even if I try really hard, I'll never even come close.

@eXo | Frank Thank for the honest appraisal of your wins. I feel a little queasy trying to imagine myself trying to make a run at it.

For everyone else, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of witty anecdotes.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Ego DraconisEgo Draconis ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @Marko Ramius you never know the feeling of attempting to go for the top unless you do go for it. Whether it ends in success or disappointment, no one can tell. But it's always a long fight.

PS: My humour is dry and inappropriate for this kind of forum. I'd probably get banned, and people would need brain bleach. Unless you have a Vulcan at hand to help you forget.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a spare grand lying around. More to the point, I don't have the sheer will-power to do that much effort. For me, top 1000 is something I go for when I already have the legendary, through pulls or whatever. Otherwise a win is getting both super-rares fully fused. That's pretty much my aim in events. Rarely, I'll go for a legendary, but I don't have enough time to do that most times. I got Tilly and The Doctor, because I wanted them. That's satisfying enough for me most events.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I don't have a spare grand lying around. More to the point, I don't have the sheer will-power to do that much effort. For me, top 1000 is something I go for when I already have the legendary, through pulls or whatever. Otherwise a win is getting both super-rares fully fused. That's pretty much my aim in events. Rarely, I'll go for a legendary, but I don't have enough time to do that most times. I got Tilly and The Doctor, because I wanted them. That's satisfying enough for me most events.

I gotta be honest, even if there was a CASH PRIZE for winning an event, I don't think I'd have the will power to make a run at it. In fact, sometimes with uninspiring characters, I find excuses to stop playing. For example, In a galaxy event, if I make a pull and get the threshold reward crew, I don't have to play after 100k. Some events can get the axe after the supply pack with a FF/FE threshold crew already in hand.
    PS: My humour is dry and inappropriate for this kind of forum. I'd probably get banned, and people would need brain bleach. Unless you have a Vulcan at hand to help you forget.

When I think dry humor I think British humor, like Monty Python. I don't find it that offensive. haha
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
  • I just dont understand the appeal of ranking number 1. In order to do it you will have had to have bought all the event crew before the event so your prize of more event crew isnt very good. If you already have them immortalized why get more? Are bragging rights that good when there is another event the very next week?

it's just for the bragging rights...
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dont understand the appeal of ranking number 1. In order to do it you will have had to have bought all the event crew before the event so your prize of more event crew isnt very good. If you already have them immortalized why get more? Are bragging rights that good when there is another event the very next week?

it's just for the bragging rights...

Exactly. This week I will crack top 200 for the first time (and I have NEVER spent $ on events)
    None of my fleet has gotten this high, so it's cool B)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to enjoy my weekend, placed in the 6000s without really trying and I didn’t spend money or any much time to do it. Keep the bragging rights. I’d much rather enjoy real life. No game is worth that much time away from family. Life is way too short.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • With the mega event, for the people that finish in the top 100 or so, do you think it's easier or harder to place higher than regular events? I mean, you have the recurring crew, but then again so does everyone else. Do you max out the recurring crew right away? To me, it seems that this would be a waste considering you get it for free over the course of the event.

I'm also interested to know what strategy people have for the upcoming 3-way hybrid event. What do people think is the most important part of the hybrid?

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    With the mega event, for the people that finish in the top 100 or so, do you think it's easier or harder to place higher than regular events? I mean, you have the recurring crew, but then again so does everyone else. Do you max out the recurring crew right away? To me, it seems that this would be a waste considering you get it for free over the course of the event.
    I citated Bell Bashi from the first event. I also leveled the two recurring 4*s won in previous rounds. I wouldnt bother maxing the recurring 5* unless I was trying to get FTM.
    I'm also interested to know what strategy people have for the upcoming 3-way hybrid event. What do people think is the most important part of the hybrid?
    Tricky this, depending on the crew I'll probably just hit the threshold rewards in the faction phase, sit out the Galaxy phase and do a few tickets in the expedition phase. Really life's to short to grind out clicking events. The real prize is Bashir whom will complete the Augment collection for me.

Jim

DB: Do Better