Home The Bridge

You have got to be kidding me...

2»

Comments

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand this, I haven't had the guinan gauntlet in ages I keep getting Engineering ones either human, jury-rigger or the borg / brutal one

There's two different days, commonly named A & B. I'm the same as you, I keep getting engineering ones with human/jury rigger and borg/brutal. When we start our second day other players are just entering their first.

I think the gauntlet is broken....

Regarding the schedule names, A is the one getting Guinan, B is the one getting Locutus and La Forge.
  • Flemming wrote: »
    The El Aurian trait is just obnoxious.

Time to unfreeze Dr soran. :D

• My iteration isn't better. At least 65% guinan allows for only 1 wall. My gauntlet is Human Borg Brutal. This means walls of Locutus, Mirror Picard, Assimilated Geordi and whatnot, all at 45-65% crit chance. This one is way less fun, I can tell you that. It's worse than a lottery.
  • Guinan again?!co7b3zuey9lr.gif
    They say time is the fire in which we burn.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, mine was Locutus day. So... you know what to expect :)

Dude, I love Human, Borg, Brutal. That one's fun.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    My iteration isn't better. At least 65% guinan allows for only 1 wall. My gauntlet is Human Borg Brutal. This means walls of Locutus, Mirror Picard, Assimilated Geordi and whatnot, all at 45-65% crit chance. This one is way less fun, I can tell you that. It's worse than a lottery.
    That would be this one.
    wbhdgzz0nsg0.jpg

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    My iteration isn't better. At least 65% guinan allows for only 1 wall. My gauntlet is Human Borg Brutal. This means walls of Locutus, Mirror Picard, Assimilated Geordi and whatnot, all at 45-65% crit chance. This one is way less fun, I can tell you that. It's worse than a lottery.
    That would be this one.
    wbhdgzz0nsg0.jpg

Needs De Neuf or Seven of Nine over Landry for MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION
  • Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    Tcal wrote: »
    I am sitting this one out as well. Hopefully DB will prevent.this from happening again...hopefully

I hope so, too. What color is the sky where you live? Mine's royal purple!
  • this is not the 4th, it's the 5th in two weeks. i already skipped one guinan gauntlet, only to be met with another one, which i did end up entering.

it is not fun. it is de-motivating.

I will *NOT* spend merits or dilithium on this.
  • I go into a gauntlet knowing I won't win anything amazing except by the rarest luck, and these setups are effectively one bold statement:

DB God of the Gauntlet towers over me:
    "LUCK? Hah! You sniveling tiny mortal! Luck was abolished with nuclear reactors! Wake up, call!"
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I finish in 2nd place at least twice a week. No Caretaker yet. And I try. I try so hard. So hard.
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Even when Guinan doesn't have a 65% chance..RNG loves her...
    9aj4m4mnnyhr.png
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I will admit, it’s annoying as those traits are suddenly showing up more than free-loading relatives... So, skip it then. It’s a move many have employed throughout Gauntlet history.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just faced 5 Guinan walls in a row. Lost each one...goodbye mirror phlox, guinan, surak, locutus... and finally caretaker.
    See you in 4 hours.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • I think I finish in 2nd place at least twice a week. No Caretaker yet. And I try. I try so hard. So hard.

Very often I finish 1st including the last Guinan gauntlet, have never seen a Guinan or Caretaker from it, but have gotten a couple from random nothing streaks. Anecdotal but, I've heard that from others too so I wonder how much weight there is in "best chance of".
    this is not the 4th, it's the 5th in two weeks. i already skipped one guinan gauntlet, only to be met with another one, which i did end up entering.

it is not fun. it is de-motivating.

I will *NOT* spend merits or dilithium on this.

I made the mistake at first of using merits to refresh past several consecutive walls of Guinan. Not fun at all, no more of that. Now I just sacrifice people, at least it's more matches towards Locutus. It seems tougher but most players are in the same boat so it hasn't affected rank here.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit, it’s annoying as those traits are suddenly showing up more than free-loading relatives... So, skip it then. It’s a move many have employed throughout Gauntlet history.

I did exactly that and the first B rotation gauntlet I started is pretty awesome: Villain, Cultural Figure, Inspiring. There are so many crew with 25% or 45% bonuses that choosing opponents is interesting once again. It might be my favorite gauntlet in many, many weeks.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I finish in 2nd place at least twice a week. No Caretaker yet. And I try. I try so hard. So hard.

And yet there was a player who was airlockimg Caretaker because he already has him FF.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭

I did exactly that and the first B rotation gauntlet I started is pretty awesome: Villain, Cultural Figure, Inspiring. There are so many crew with 25% or 45% bonuses that choosing opponents is interesting once again. It might be my favorite gauntlet in many, many weeks.

Yeah, I thought about skipping the HumBorgBrute one, but then I'd end up in A rotation... so I'm glad I stayed, hahah.
  • GD simple fix to this problem by simply monitoring the Gauntlet. Instead, after multiple tickets, DB decides to throw excrement right into our faces.

FY DB.
  • ehmiga wrote: »
    I refuse to participate in this a 4th time.

Isn’t it the fifth for the A rotation in the last five weeks and fourth in the last two or three? I can’t shake the idea that this is #5...

Yes this is the 5th Guinan 65% gauntlet in a very short space of time, I complained to CS after the 3rd and got a very dismissive reply
  • Yes this is the 5th Guinan 65% gauntlet in a very short space of time, I complained to CS after the 3rd and got a very dismissive reply

I did as well. They are tone deaf.
  • This is absolutely pathetic, once again this is making gauntlet the worst thing ever in this game.

Someone deserves to get punched in the face for making these traits as bonuses, only Guinan and her stupid OP stats are ruining this game for everyone.
  • Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    This may be DB's dirty little secret, and a plausible explanation as to why their RNGesus seems crazy: they've borrowed the Canadian government's RNG system => https://gizmodo.com/canadas-random-immigration-lottery-uses-microsoft-excel-1826711895

:#
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I rarely play gauntlet any more. It’s the most half assed thing I do in STT, actually...
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs