Home The Bridge

Are we going to get a new gauntlet card soon?

I think all of us are tired of getting airlockable repeat Caretaker cards. When can we expect something new?

Comments

• Addendum all non casual players.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I think all of us are tired of getting airlockable repeat Caretaker cards. When can we expect something new?

Seriously? Most people may have only gotten 1 at this point and some have not gotten one. Every run I average about 30 streak but only have 1 right now. Caretaker will be available for probably the rest of the year. If you got a repeat version of him I would personally keep it and try to Fully Fuse another because he is that good.
  • I never said casual players don't matter but those who really wanted to win it have by now it's been the rare reward since February. I think if they removed Caretaker in early July that is fair and about 5.5 months. The Caretaker pops up about once every 1000 loot boxes. I got it the first week and FF the card with subsequent Caretakers. It just seems like its stagnant at this point.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play gauntlets full time and have only 3 caretakers. Why the heck would you ever airlock extra Caretakers? The guy is eng, sci, med combo. Foolish to airlock him unless maybe if you had two 5/5 caretakers and had a 5/5 Da Vinci. Gauntlet drops are luck based. Just because you have had great luck does not mean that everyone else has to.
    Let’s fly!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Gauntlet
    Locutus: 2/14/2017 to 6/05/2017 -> 111 days
    Guinan: 6/06/2017 to 2/26/2018 -> 265 days
    Caretaker: 2/27/2018 to now -> 101 days

I suppose it's not as unreasonable a request as I initially thought, but my guess is you'll have to wait a while longer.
  • [S47] ELiL[S47] ELiL ✭✭✭
    I'm not really a casual player, but there's still no caretaker in my crew.
  • https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Gauntlet
    Locutus: 2/14/2017 to 6/05/2017 -> 111 days
    Guinan: 6/06/2017 to 2/26/2018 -> 265 days
    Caretaker: 2/27/2018 to now -> 101 days

I suppose it's not as unreasonable a request as I initially thought, but my guess is you'll have to wait a while longer.

Yes thank you. Either Locutus was only the prize for an extremely short time or Guinan was there too long. Either way we should have the turn over about every 6 months otherwise it gets boring.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never said casual players don't matter but those who really wanted to win it have by now it's been the rare reward since February. I think if they removed Caretaker in early July that is fair and about 5.5 months. The Caretaker pops up about once every 1000 loot boxes. I got it the first week and FF the card with subsequent Caretakers. It just seems like its stagnant at this point.

I can see how if someone already has him FF they’d want a change. As a non casual player who finally got their first copy I wouldn’t mind a bit more time to try for additional copies. No idea if once in 1000 boxes is in any way accurate, but after playing the gauntlet almost constantly since it started and finishing high most of the time I have one Locutus, two Guinan and one Caretaker. It’s always nice to hear about people getting multiple copies and being able to FF a gauntlet legendary, but to say those who really want to FF him already have seems a stretch. Some have sure, but...
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    In fairness, having less of the gauntlet jackpot crew floating around, the better. Having more rotation would mean less gauntlet walls and more variety
  • I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    The Caretaker pops up about once every 1000 loot boxes

What are you doing that others are not? Are you spending DiL? Are you spending lots of merits?

Can you break down, step by step, how you play Gauntlet is such a successful way that you are swimming in Caretakers? I'd like to know what you are doing and copy it.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »
    In fairness, having less of the gauntlet jackpot crew floating around, the better. Having more rotation would mean less gauntlet walls and more variety

They could do that now with better trait selection criteria
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirki wrote: »

What are you doing that others are not? Are you spending DiL? Are you spending lots of merits?

Can you break down, step by step, how you play Gauntlet is such a successful way that you are swimming in Caretakers? I'd like to know what you are doing and copy it.

The only way to "get better" is to flip more coins.
  • RikerWasNumber1RikerWasNumber1 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Kirki wrote: »

No I don't spend dilithium on gauntlet. Most of my Caretakers, Guinans, and Locutus popped up from me winning 67th place or being on a streak of 6 wins. I base my 1/1000 stats on the number of rounds I've finished and how many times I've won jackpot. It just seems stagnant after 100+ days. You should be winning a caretaker about once a month with casual playing.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    longtime, non-casual player here without a caretaker.
    so, no. it's not time to change

Same here.....
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the OP being sarcastic? I've yet to get a Caretaker, but he hasn't been there nearly long enough.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a VIP12 who has been a hardcore player for the past 17 months, who has close to 15k gauntlet rounds and no Caretakers, I have to disagree with the OP. I never got a copy of Locutus, got 3 copies of Guinan, but have not had any RNG luck acquiring the Caretaker. I regularly get streaks of 6 and 9 as a minimum (where I got all 3 copies of Guinan) and finish in the top-10-20, but still he eludes me.

I like the idea of swapping out gauntlet featured crew every 6 months, which means I hope my luck picks up in the next couple months!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never got a single legendary and I am almost always in top 10 or top 5 in Gauntlet.
  • I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    quote="RikerWasNumber1;c-85327"] Most of my Caretakers, Guinans, and Locutus popped up from me winning 67th place or being on a streak of 6 wins. I base my 1/1000 stats on the number of rounds I've finished and how many times I've won jackpot. [/quote]

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like RNG + time. My Caretaker is 3/5 atm. I have a good Gauntlet crew and almost always finish in the top 10. Currently I'm trying to do longer starting steaks. I refresh quite a lot when on those streaks.

If you are getting lots of Caretakers I'd just double them up if I were you. It's a strong card.

Too bad card trading isn't allowed in this game!

• I think all of us are tired of getting airlockable repeat Caretaker cards. When can we expect something new?

When you say "all of us", I'm assuming you're claiming to be some form of collective? Or maybe you're like the bad guy in Split? Hence the "us."

Because there is no way you're speaking for the whole player base, casual or otherwise.
  • And when they do the replace the Caretaker, is it wrong for me to want to see him replaced with someone like Soren from "The Outcast"?

Just to see the Tiki Torch subset of the board heads explode in outrage. It'd be like a scene from Scanners.
  • JMJM ✭✭
    Also non-casual here who plays Gauntlet every day and has tried both tactics of going for a top finish and going for lower finish but higher streak and not one Caretaker. These kinds of posts are frustrating for us.
This discussion has been closed.