Home The Bridge

Are we going to get a new gauntlet card soon?

2»

Comments

• RikerWasNumber1RikerWasNumber1 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Is the OP being sarcastic? I've yet to get a Caretaker, but he hasn't been there nearly long enough.

No. I am actually saying this card is played out and done. If you don't have one yet I would suggest trying to find cards that match the traits closer to get criticals and at least rank top 50 each event.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    JM wrote: »
    Also non-casual here who plays Gauntlet every day and has tried both tactics of going for a top finish and going for lower finish but higher streak and not one Caretaker. These kinds of posts are frustrating for us.

Same. I've gotten many 1sts, pretty much all ways in top 5. Still haven't seen him. The two Guinans I got both came from streaks of 3.

Have had other fleetmates get several. It does get frustrating.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »

Apart from the current RNG model, what could be a "fairer" solution? Is there one?

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have had other fleetmates get several.

Bastids.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I totally forgot that you could win a crew in Gauntlet because it never happened to me. I play mostly for merits and additional chronos.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Kirki wrote: »

Apart from the current RNG model, what could be a "fairer" solution? Is there one?

Maybe there could be a point system. Where you can also get the character after you have hit a certain number of points.

It seems silly that you can finish every Gauntlet in the top spot and never win the prize but another player can get three wins in a row and get a gift from the RNG

• No I don't spend dilithium on gauntlet. Most of my Caretakers, Guinans, and Locutus popped up from me winning 67th place or being on a streak of 6 wins. I base my 1/1000 stats on the number of rounds I've finished and how many times I've won jackpot. It just seems stagnant after 100+ days. You should be winning a caretaker about once a month with casual playing.

Say's he regularly finishes around 67th place... refers to others as casual players.

I regularly finish 1st in the Gauntlet. I don't spend Dil. I usually can get a streak of around 20 two or three times per Gauntlet... I have ONE Caretaker.

It's great that you've had so many copies... but dont assume the rest of the player base has too!
  • I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Maybe there could be a point system. Where you can also get the character after you have hit a certain number of points.

It seems silly that you can finish every Gauntlet in the top spot and never win the prize but another player can get three wins in a row and get a gift from the RNG

But then only the top players will ever win and with a 5/5 on the line the whales will just use DiL to guarantee a top spot.

New players or casual players have to have a chance too.

• [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    No idea if once in 1000 boxes is in any way accurate, but after playing the gauntlet almost constantly since it started and finishing high most of the time I have one Locutus, two Guinan and one Caretaker.
    S31 wrote: »
    I never got a single legendary and I am almost always in top 10 or top 5 in Gauntlet.
    Personally I only just recently got my first. And I consistently get 20+ win streaks and place in the top 10.
    My Caretaker is 3/5 atm. I have a good Gauntlet crew and almost always finish in the top 10. Currently I'm trying to do longer starting steaks. I refresh quite a lot when on those streaks.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I never got a copy of Locutus, got 3 copies of Guinan, but have not had any RNG luck acquiring the Caretaker. I regularly get streaks of 6 and 9 as a minimum (where I got all 3 copies of Guinan) and finish in the top-10-20, but still he eludes me.
    Same. I've gotten many 1sts, pretty much all ways in top 5. Still haven't seen him. The two Guinans I got both came from streaks of 3.

VS
    No I don't spend dilithium on gauntlet. Most of my Caretakers, Guinans, and Locutus popped up from me winning 67th place or being on a streak of 6 wins.

Anyone else notice the pattern? People, we are ranking too high!

I can add a similiar observation to this (anecdotal) trend: I've picked up two Caretakers thusfar, and they've both been from the smallest box.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the OP being sarcastic? I've yet to get a Caretaker, but he hasn't been there nearly long enough.

No. I am actually saying this card is played out and done. If you don't have one yet I would suggest trying to find cards that match the traits closer to get criticals and at least rank top 50 each event.

Oh thanks for your precious advice. Is that how you do it? I had no idea!

I've won gauntlets before, thank you very much. Play multiple times everyday. Have not had a Caretaker drop.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love for a T10 finish to give you some sort of token and redeeming X of those would reward you with the current season's character. Maybe you get 1 token per "box" you get (so 1st would get 7, 10th would get 3).

The fact that you could win every single gauntlet you participate in for an entire season and might not receive the gauntlet character seems really silly.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

I would love for a T10 finish to give you some sort of token and redeeming X of those would reward you with the current season's character. Maybe you get 1 token per "box" you get (so 1st would get 7, 10th would get 3).

The fact that you could win every single gauntlet you participate in for an entire season and might not receive the gauntlet character seems really silly.

They could just expand the achievements. Anyone can get a Locutus currently. I wouldn't mind an opportunity to get Guinan to 5/5 or Caretaker to 1/5.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • *ahem* playing from way before Gaunlet was introduced. No Locutus, a single Guinan and no Caretaker so far and I play Gaunlet nearly every day. Granted, my RNG is terrible, but do please don't say non casual players are tired of the character. The non casual, playing every day part applies to many people in my fleet who have yet to see a Caretaker in their crew roster
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The Caretaker pops up about once every 1000 loot boxes

What are you doing that others are not? Are you spending DiL? Are you spending lots of merits?

Can you break down, step by step, how you play Gauntlet is such a successful way that you are swimming in Caretakers? I'd like to know what you are doing and copy it.

No I don't spend dilithium on gauntlet. Most of my Caretakers, Guinans, and Locutus popped up from me winning 67th place or being on a streak of 6 wins. I base my 1/1000 stats on the number of rounds I've finished and how many times I've won jackpot. It just seems stagnant after 100+ days. You should be winning a caretaker about once a month with casual playing.

Which is it? Do you have to rank top 50 or will #67 suffice?

For what it's worth, I only got my first Caretaker recently on a streak of 20-something, and I have gotten 7 Guinins and 2 Locutusi. They drop on streaks small and big, and on rank boxes high and low. Three of the Guinins arrived withen days of each other, and my first Locutus arrived right before the Borg event, so he was competing with event crew for equipment. Sounds pretty random to me.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »

But then only the top players will ever win and with a 5/5 on the line the whales will just use DiL to guarantee a top spot.

New players or casual players have to have a chance too.

No they wouldn't. It might take other players longer but eventually they will hit the point total.

It would work in the same way as an achievement. Once you hit it the counter would restart.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

The tokens should be called "matter stream fragments" and when you have enough of them, you can "rematerialise the crew member from the pattern buffer". :grin:
  • zomgelzomgel ✭✭
    as a person who has 2 ff/fe guinan. I can say your 1 in a 1k analogy is wrong I never finish out of the top 5 and I just got my 2nd copy today. if you're airlocking extra copies that's your mistake
This discussion has been closed.