Home The Bridge

Used 28 3* time boosts and 2 4* boosts, finished 1028

So is this standard now? I used to use 10 3* boosts for my kickstart and end in the 600-700 range. Today I was 865 with an hour and 15 minutes left so I sent 2 shuttles out with 4* boosts, both came in at 11:45 and at 11:57 I was at 940th place. Just checked my phone to find I lost 88 spots in less than 3 minutes. If that's what it takes for a top 1000 finish and the legendary crew I think I'm finally done here.

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used 10 3* time boosts, the rest skill boosts and finished 598.
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    I lost count the number of timers I used, but I was in the top 100 on the first day. switched to skill boosts, had a lot of 3/4 runs. Ended in the 800s.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I screwed up my quickstart so only used 6 3* time boosts for that and then 4 during the event (all of which failed at 90% :( ). Final was rank 498 with 426,948 vp.

My shuttles (2x Cardi and 2x Terran) were 86, 87, 88 & 90% unboosted and 92, 92, 93 & 95 boosted.
  • edited June 2018
    Got my second sub-1k placing, coming in a little under 500 - and did little more than normal. I'd actually aimed to bail out had I been out of the top 1000 when I claimed Darth Bashir, so assumed this event was just less active than others.

I used most of my 3* timers on the first 24 missions having ran out of 1* and 2* ones, used another 8 when I dropped out of the top 1k to force myself back in, and today used another 12 to fortify my position.

Was helped by having a good roster, and RNG as only around 10% of my shuttles failed, even those without skill boosts.

Stuck to using 2x 3 seat Cardassian, 1x 3 seat Terran and 1x 3 seat S31 missions.

But even in previous faction events, when the stars have aligned like that, I've *never* got a top 1k finish (my previous one was a Faction/Galaxy hybrid)

Maybe I was just especially lucky this time.

Edited to add - I also used the time extensions at night, not a chance I'm getting up every three hours in the night, at least not until I've got a prostate you could play basketball with.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    22 3* time boosts plus 9-hour overnight shuttles got me 128th, with some help from my squad.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dax events are always nuts. Also it's a mega which inflates scores due to increase in bonus crew.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used 11 x 3* time boosts and a single 4* time boost during my kickstart, and then another 4 x 3* time boosts at the end (my last shuttles went out 2 hours before the end of the event), and finished 212.

What helped me:
    - 4 shuttles
    - deep roster of event crew (ran Cardassian missions requiring 14 crew, only 1 of which wasn't bonus crew)
    - my squad leader shared an immortalized Arik Soong
    - I set my alarm for every 3 hours throughout the event, including throughout the nights
  • [GoT] Unsober Shimoda[GoT] Unsober Shimoda ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Dax events are always nuts.
    Because of people like me, probably! Used 40+ 3-star boosts, about 8 4-star boosts, and two 5-star boosts, one with 30s left in the event, to hit Personal Best... No overnights, rather just sending out shuttles every 3 hours since last Thursday... Then adding in a mix of 3-hour shuttles and boosted shuttles over the weekend... and finally the incredible help from my Squaddies!

Dax events are nuts!
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Used zero 3*/4* timeboost, % shuttle mission's ?, who cares, VP going up and down btw 2750 and 4000 with a rank in the 4000. I'm already done with shuttles/galaxy and the others. Anything else to do? Ah yes collecting crew-cards and don't waste more money, good job DB ;-)
  • JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    Felt this was a very competetive event. I was feeling fairly confident I would end up sub 1k, but ended up rank 1100. Lost so many spots during the last half hour, it was crazy.
    Still, I was glad I was able to manage even that much again due to 8 vs. 6 missions per faction!
  • edited June 2018
    I screwed up my quickstart so only used 6 3* time boosts for that and then 4 during the event (all of which failed at 90% :( ). Final was rank 498 with 426,948 vp.

My shuttles (2x Cardi and 2x Terran) were 86, 87, 88 & 90% unboosted and 92, 92, 93 & 95 boosted.

I was 380k plus missed last session ended 1270 plus rank. Had all missions after and including QuickStart at 3/4 and some 2/4 and one 1/4 and one 4/4 today morning. Used some skill boosts and roughly every time 4th shuttle was in 50%. None over 87

Missed sending out some 18 or so shuttles over three nights so missed out on average 60k VP

If you had 426k VP and finished under 500 then 500 to 1300 was just matter of 40k odd aka better shuttle alarm management :-)

I would say very competitive and uniform shuttle returns. I was 1140s on Thursday night and remained that throughout till today 9:50ish am.

Edit: 40k returns from my squad ages helped for using Dishonorable ancestor Soong
    Thanks
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    I paased out last night 15 minutes before flipping shuttles and had to burn like 6 time boosts this morning and dilithium complete two of them to push me and my squad lead back in.

Now that everyone in the top 7k has 4/5+s to stay on 4k shuttles the whole event, finishing more of them is now the way to get ahead.
  • Used ten time boosts ended in 454.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the QuickStart then nothing but 3 hour shuttles afterwards. Finished 2010. I normally finish higher with that effort. I feel the competition was fierce for this one
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    I used 10 3* time boosts, the rest skill boosts and finished 598.
    Same. Finished 263.
    Ulrikk wrote: »
    So is this standard now? I used to use 10 3* boosts for my kickstart and end in the 600-700 range. Today I was 865 with an hour and 15 minutes left so I sent 2 shuttles out with 4* boosts, both came in at 11:45 and at 11:57 I was at 940th place. Just checked my phone to find I lost 88 spots in less than 3 minutes. If that's what it takes for a top 1000 finish and the legendary crew I think I'm finally done here.
    Not going try to make any assumptions.

First off how many shuttles do you have? (again not making any assumptions) Not having 4 shuttles does put you at a disadvantage.

Mostly Successes or Several Mission Concluded(failure)? I was averaging around 80-90% at 4k and getting 1 failure about every 8 missions or so. I did have a 2/4 failure at the 2750 stage, which caused a brief stall. These were both at 90%+

Do you start shuttles pretty much as soon as they finish? (I tend to, but I work a job where I can check my phone). Do you use the 9h boosts overnight?

Crew? I can say I had all of the 4* augments FFFE. And I have all of the 5* augments between 1/5 - 3/5 FE. I also have all of the Daxes except 5* Lt Commander Jadzia Dax (4* FFFE, 5* 1/5 - 2/5 FE). So I went into with a really strong crew.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 3* time boosts used. Finished 749th.

I also gave up my squad lead on Saturday morning to try and give one of my squad members a shot at top 1k. They unfortunately finished just outside of 1000th.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    The Killy event I was similar and I placed 1100
    This last event I just used five 3* boosts at the start and ranked around 500...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 blue timeboosts, cruised along in top 1000 usually succeeding 3/4, then popped 4 gold timeboosts this morning with 35 minutes to go. Finished 585th with some help from my squadmates. LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I did a modified kick start with 4x0*, 3x1* and 4x3* Time reducers. I then used 4 more time reducers to get to 3500 VP shuttles. Used 3* skill boosts on every other shuttle. I skipped most 5 seat shuttles except that S31 one with 3 out of 5 MED seats. I had an extra Bell Bashir from Squad leader. I also had Soong FFFE already and 11 bonus crew.

Finished 1025. 2 out of my last 4 shuttles failed at 80+%. Oh well, I still lhave ZOdo to fulfil my Dax DIP needs.

Edit: I just noticed one of my squad mates finished exactly at 1000.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • UlrikkUlrikk ✭✭
    I had a very busy weekend and there were a few times where my shuttles had been back for 30-45 minutes before being sent back out. It sounds like this was mostly life costing me 1-2 cycles
  • Ulrikk wrote: »

How many shuttles are you using?

Are you sending shuttles every 3hrs or are you using the Doublers? Which are a waste of time making a 9hr mission pointless if they fail 1600vp if 4k missions.

I understand it is frustrating to miss the top 1k by a few places as there are always times during the 4 day event where more shuttles could've been sent earlier or a few extra boosts used.

But 28x 3* & 2× 4* seems to be a bargain to me. IMHO

It can take +200x 3* timers to get into the top 25-50 depending on how many event crew variants are available. The harder the event the less needed. If it is an easy event with a popular 5* character then it can be manic in the last 30min with players trying to stay above the cut off that they had aimed for
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I did the kickstart and nothing but skill boosts during the day, and 9 hour runs overnight. I finished 516.

I think it was Oscar Wilde that stated,”It is not enough that you succeed, others must fail.” We can’t all be at the podium.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • I finished in the top 700 while still doing my daily routine and going to work. The trick is always to plan your day in a way to let you have a small break at the 3h-3:30h mark. I know for a fact that I missed at least 4 or 5 iterations on the event and still placed ok. That's why I actually like faction events - they give me a 3 hour break instead of having me dump a ton of hours doing galaxy. I did use around 15-16 3* boosters though. I should have shaved 4 off those, and still placed top 1000, but you never know...
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I noticed quickly that the Cardassian and Terran missions were going to fail more, so I stuck with Sec 31 the whole weekend, and finished 186. I only had around 28x3* , 6x4* and 2x5* time boosts, and I have a few 3* leftover. I only used 6x3* time boosts on the kickstart. I don't waste those anymore, and you can see the result.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Finished top 500. Ran time boosters till I hit 4k after quick start and just 3 hour shuttles after that. Huge key was understanding the shuttle bug and ignoring recommendations on "AND" crew slots. I did have a fair number of super rare and legendary skill boosts to use and I had a Bell Riots Dax FE with 1*, also a wrathful Khan, Joachim, and Bashir, Julian Bashir FE 1* plus several immortal super rare bonus crew including Arik Soong. At 4k I was succeeding 7 out of 8 shuttles. Maybe a little better.
  • This event was competitive. I was moving between ranks 800-1200 every three hours. I ran four shuttles at the end with 3* boosts to squeeze out the time.

I am one of those players who uses the overnighters each time.I ran only Sec31 because it fit best with the event crew. I planned as if the AND shuttles were bugged.
    And what most of you wont believe, I used a 5seater every 3 hours- the one where it allowed :
    RAF Bashir(Med), Bell Riots Bashir(Med), Arik Soong (Sci), T'Kuvma (Cmd) and 3*Khan (Cmd)

Final rank was 828
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event was competitive. I was moving between ranks 800-1200 every three hours.
    I think that was the 'squeeze' point in this event, more so perhaps than previous events. Often I'm somewhere around 500-600 towards the end of an event, and slowly moving up the ranks, but I didn't have many decent crew for this one (that Rare Khan was my top Com, for example!), and was around 800th towards the end, with enormous slippage to ~1100 between shuttle returns.

I was about 780 with about 2hrs10mins to go on the event, thinking I could probably leave it there for top 1000, but as I had so many 2-star speed boosters I decided to throw out a few 2-hour Sec 31 shuttles. It turned out they were absolutely essential - I scraped into the top 1000 by about fifty places, and like the OP says, the last-minute pushes were extraordinary.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Used about 50-60 3* boosts, plus some 9-hour ones and stat boosts. Ended up at 485, but was as high as 190 on Sunday afternoon before slowing it up, because why bother for top 200 when you get pretty much the same rewards as top 650? Had enough Bonus crew to run all missions with them, plus a 5/5 Wrathful Khan from my squad leader.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice quite severe lag in the last five minutes? Seemed like the server was taking strain...