Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    This is why I leave everything at 4/5*. Paranoia about wasting the minuscule amount of money I spend on the game.

That's why my gold behold strategy is:

1. If there is a crew I don't have, I take that one.
    2. If there is more than one I opt for the one most likely to be used in an event
    3. If I have all the crew I take the one with the least number of filled stars.
    4. If there is a tie for the fewest stars I opt for the one most likely to be used in an event.

Using this strategy minimizes the chance of getting 3 choices that are all FF

Using this method I have gotten every single Legendary available in the premium portal

I have 35 5/5's currently. Those are from:

1. Beholds where all the choices already had 4 or 5 stars
    2. Direct drops where there was no behold option
    3. Mega Event crew with a DYC purchase
    4. Honor Hall crew since they aren't in the portal
    5. Gauntlet crew that are no longer in the Gauntlet (Locutus and Guinan)

I would love to FF some of my 4/5 crew but the fear of 3 of a kind 5/5 happening stop it.
  • And they're even all pointing at you!

Lol, didnt notice that!
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people aren't more sympathetic to this situation.
    This duplicate thing is so easily preventable, *especially* with legendaries.
    That should not happen.

I think duplicates are part of the intended economics of the game. They keep progress on a curve. The more you have, the harder it gets to advance. A straight linear progression probably means less revenue long term. Ergo, duplicates.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    I don't understand why people aren't more sympathetic to this situation.
    This duplicate thing is so easily preventable, *especially* with legendaries.
    That should not happen.

I think duplicates are part of the intended economics of the game. They keep progress on a curve. The more you have, the harder it gets to advance. A straight linear progression probably means less revenue long term. Ergo, duplicates.

Long term revenue makes sense from DBs perspective, but I think it's the other players not being sympathetic that is the puzzling part. "Fixing" the problem would in no way hurt them
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sympathetic to the problem in the "that **tsk tsk**" sense, but don't expect anything to change.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    This is why I leave everything at 4/5*.

I wondered if anyone else did that - I've got 5/5 Mirror Picard (like everyone else) and Commander Kira (because of course I do), but I'm deliberately avoiding the handful of 4/5s I've got, just to feel safe in taking beholds from the honour hall. Once I wind up with a third 5/5, that's when it's time to save the extra 5k for gold citations instead - a useless behold popping up randomly, well, I can live with it, but I don't want to have specifically bought one. (I know, long odds, but still.)
  • Dralix wrote: »
    I'm sympathetic to the problem in the "that *Hasperat Soufflé*" sense, but don't expect anything to change.

Ooh hasperat soufflé...ill have to use that!!
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll let these photos speak for themselves!!!
    qnvsvj7t51xn.png
    qdg5rfoy0pyc.png
    THE ONE TIME I GET A LEGENDARY FROM A MERIT PULL...IT'S ONE I ALREADY HAVE FF!!! *VEGAN POUTINE*

Seriously, lol. Wouldn't mind a single copy of the Borg Queen let alone a second. Why do you have to brag so?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I'll let these photos speak for themselves!!!
    qnvsvj7t51xn.png
    qdg5rfoy0pyc.png
    THE ONE TIME I GET A LEGENDARY FROM A MERIT PULL...IT'S ONE I ALREADY HAVE FF!!! *VEGAN POUTINE*

A lot of ppl prob will never get a legendary... you are very lucky. Grats!