Home The Bridge

Mirror Leeta

Found this in my dabo wheel.

d98uhkhzy1m2.jpg

Comments

• AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Then it's a good guess we might see a mirror event, a rerun or a tuesday pack with her :-)
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Another Leeta would be very welcome. :)

jas0yzd2aaby.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    shame the skill sets appear to be the same as cadet version - hope she has security as well
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • So what I am understanding from this is....mirror Leeta will be the finale for the DS9 Augment event....makes perfect sense. I shouldn't be surprised. DB works with what it has, a random card generator that picks the cards using random names from Star Trek along with titles like Augment or Mirror.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I am understanding from this is....mirror Leeta will be the finale for the DS9 Augment event....makes perfect sense. I shouldn't be surprised. DB works with what it has, a random card generator that picks the cards using random names from Star Trek along with titles like Augment or Mirror.

What's wrong with Mirror Leeta in the final event? She's a DS9 character, so she fits the theme, and as a character who ended up being rather important by the end, she fully deserves to have another card or two.

I'd be very happy if she showed up next week. Getting more/obscure DS9 characters was one thing I was looking forward to with this mega.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with Mirror Leeta in the final event? She's a DS9 character, so she fits the theme, and as a character who ended up being rather important by the end, she fully deserves to have another card or two.

I'd be very happy if she showed up next week. Getting more/obscure DS9 characters was one thing I was looking forward to with this mega.

I second this, a mirror Leeta would be Awesome! That said, they really should have at least one more augment in the finale (admiral patrick - fingers crossed).
  • So what I am understanding from this is....mirror Leeta will be the finale for the DS9 Augment event....makes perfect sense. I shouldn't be surprised. DB works with what it has, a random card generator that picks the cards using random names from Star Trek along with titles like Augment or Mirror.

Nothing is particularly wrong with it....I mean it is more "correct" than Species 8472...but I think we were all hoping for an iconic memorable DS9 card in the finale like a big name character from the Dominion/Cardassia or Admiral Ross....Admiral Patrick...something like that.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I am understanding from this is....mirror Leeta will be the finale for the DS9 Augment event....makes perfect sense. I shouldn't be surprised. DB works with what it has, a random card generator that picks the cards using random names from Star Trek along with titles like Augment or Mirror.

Nothing is particularly wrong with it....I mean it is more "correct" than Species 8472...but I think we were all hoping for an iconic memorable DS9 card in the finale like a big name character from the Dominion/Cardassia or Admiral Ross....Admiral Patrick...something like that.

You mean like other memorable "final event" characters like:
    • Admiral Picard (Borg Mega)
    • Marla McGivers (Disc Mega)
    • Alidar Jarok (Klingon Mega)
    • Non-Canon Mirror Janeway (Mirror Mega)

They've almost always had "tangentially involved" characters in the last event (and, so far, it's always been a 4*). I file this one under the "don't sweat the small stuff" category.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

1) She could as well be in the tuesday packs. Tomorrow we have facts about the final, not just speculation. 2) Next to that she is from DS9 and underrepresented in this game, so in case she should feature in the event next week that would be more than ok.

P.S.: Congrats for receiving the guided tour around the DB headquarter. Hence you know first hand how they work ;)

P.P.S.: Concerning your other posting - YOU, not we hoped for certain things. Dominion/Cardassia was baseless after the faction announcement (and would have been predictable and boring). And "Admiral" Patrick, ugh. Right out of the airlock he would go. In MY, not our case.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Leeta is canon, so why not? Sounds like a great idea. We could use some more Bajorans in the game, too.

The only crew type that I'm not a big fan of is made-up characters like Augment Picard and Augment Riker (though I am using my Augment Riker during this event). I'm skeptical of crew only from the novels/comics -- there are so many more crew out there from the TV shows and movies. I will admit, though, that Mirror Inquisitor Troi was a pretty awesome idea.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Oh I forgot I was in the DB forum where when I speak for members of my fleet and what I've read many times on this forum (ie we want Admiral Patrick) I get a lot of nonsense about how I only speak for myself. Yes I speak for myself but I have made a lot of observations and understand what generally the average Star Trek fan will find cool and what they have to google because it's too obscure. I know from the many voyage discussions that observations don't matter to some of you. Mirror Leeta is a card that I am betting half the player base will question if its cannon or not because they didn't see the one episode where the Nagus goes to the mirror universe. Maybe I am alone when I say the DS9 Augment event should

1. Feature some Dominion/Cardassian cards as they were a MAJOR part of the DS9 franchise.
    2. Requesting Admiral Patrick although I have seen multiple requests in these forums for the card
    3. Feature a DS9 related Augment in the finale

Mirror Leeta to me is DB saying "We don't care here is a random card we couldn't squeeze into the mirror event so take it". In either case this entire event has not elicited the "shut up and take my money" response like Senator Vreenak in the Romulan event.
  • In either case this entire event has not elicited the "shut up and take my money" response like Senator Vreenak in the Romulan event.

I'm rather surprised to read this statement. The Romulan event was plagued with huge complaints of how few Romulans there were, how can you compare that to this event with a new Dax AND Sisko (both highly popular characters) and a large variety of augments and DS9 crew, PLUS an arguably very successful first attempt at a new event type?? If this last segment of the event was an absolute flop, it would still be the most successful mega event since I started playing in December last year from my perspective.

The one card from the event got that response from me. If you surf the forums I wasn't alone in requesting that card....similar to Admiral Patrick. There have been numerous requests as well for the sound clip with both of those cards.
  • RikerWasNumber1RikerWasNumber1 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Oh I forgot I was in the DB forum where when I speak for members of my fleet and what I've read many times on this forum (ie we want Admiral Patrick) I get a lot of nonsense about how I only speak for myself. Yes I speak for myself but I have made a lot of observations and understand what generally the average Star Trek fan will find cool and what they have to google because it's too obscure. I know from the many voyage discussions that observations don't matter to some of you. Mirror Leeta is a card that I am betting half the player base will question if its cannon or not because they didn't see the one episode where the Nagus goes to the mirror universe. Maybe I am alone when I say the DS9 Augment event should

1. Feature some Dominion/Cardassian cards as they were a MAJOR part of the DS9 franchise.
    2. Requesting Admiral Patrick although I have seen multiple requests in these forums for the card

Mirror Leeta to me is DB saying "We don't care here is a random card we couldn't squeeze into the mirror event so take it". In either case this entire event has not elicited the "shut up and take my money" response like Senator Vreenak in the Romulan event.

See, the problem with saying "we" is that the person reading your post feels like you're dictating what they think.

If you're speaking on behalf of your fleet, you could say "myself and many others on my fleet", and if you're speaking on behalf of a selection of the player base you could say "myself, and many others I've seen post". It may be more words, but is more correct and comes off as much less presumptive and dismissive of others.

Practically no one on my fleet likes DSC for instance, but if I go around saying "we don't want any more DSC characters", that sounds much less pleasant than "my fleet generally isn't interested in more DSC characters". Do you see the difference in tone? And why people would be annoyed at your presuming to speak for them?

In any event, I'd love to get another Cardy before the Mega is over, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not the biggest fan of Admiral Ross personally, but he would certainly make more sense than Seven out of nowhere, so I wouldn't complain if he popped up.

I am sorry that my English didn't meet with your extremely strict criteria. <snip> ˜Shan
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I will admit, though, that Mirror Inquisitor Troi was a pretty awesome idea.

The ones that bother me are the ones like Augment Picard where there is nothing that even hints that they may have existed in the Star Trek universe.

The Mirror Next Generation crew don't bother me. I had always wanted a mirror episode of Next Generation and I can't believe that in 7 seasons they couldn't make that happen. The characters had to exist, even if they weren't seen. The mirror universe is canon so mirror counterparts of crew we didn't see on the various series makes sense.

Did Chekov and Khan know each other? Chekov wasn't on the show at all in the first season so wasn't in the Khan episode of TOS. He didn't join the show until the second season. Yet, in Wrath of Khan, they knew each other. That means Chekov had to be an unseen crew member during the first season of Star Trek. Just because we didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there.

edited June 2018
    Oh I forgot I was in the DB forum where when I speak for members of my fleet and what I've read many times on this forum (ie we want Admiral Patrick) I get a lot of nonsense about how I only speak for myself. Yes I speak for myself but I have made a lot of observations and understand what generally the average Star Trek fan will find cool and what they have to google because it's too obscure. I know from the many voyage discussions that observations don't matter to some of you. Mirror Leeta is a card that I am betting half the player base will question if its cannon or not because they didn't see the one episode where the Nagus goes to the mirror universe. Maybe I am alone when I say the DS9 Augment event should

See, the problem with saying "we" is that the person reading your post feels like you're dictating what they think.

If you're speaking on behalf of your fleet, you could say "myself and many others on my fleet", and if you're speaking on behalf of a selection of the player base you could say "myself, and many others I've seen post". It may be more words, but is more correct and comes off as much less presumptive and dismissive of others.

Practically no one on my fleet likes DSC for instance, but if I go around saying "we don't want any more DSC characters", that sounds much less pleasant than "my fleet generally isn't interested in more DSC characters". Do you see the difference in tone? And why people would be annoyed at your presuming to speak for them?

In any event, I'd love to get another Cardy before the Mega is over, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not the biggest fan of Admiral Ross personally, but he would certainly make more sense than Seven out of nowhere, so I wouldn't complain if he popped up.

I am sorry that my English didn't meet with your extremely strict criteria. <snip> ˜Shan

I was simply suggesting a more precise way of communicating that could avoid people calling you out, something you expressed was bothering you. I don't have any criteria for anybody's English and I don't really care how you say things.

You said "people are jumping down my throat when I say 'we'" so I responded with "well, maybe you should think about what you're saying and a different way to say it".

If you think it's ridiculous to consider the impact of what you're saying, and how to best communicate your thoughts to avoid possible conflicts, then...*shrug*

Don't complain about people taking issue with you if you don't even bother to try and avoid it.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Mirror Leeta would be highly underwhelming in my humble opinion. I was hoping for a new Weyoun, infected Founder, Pah wraith Jake, Possessed Dukat, someone from Red Squad etc etc etc.... as already stated, Mirror Leeta is at least a DS9 crew, but this event could’ve done with a “Senator Vreenak moment” for sure.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Mirror Leeta. Like a lot.

Just my two cents.

It's about damn time she got another version!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

You are my new Hero!
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    In either case this entire event has not elicited the "shut up and take my money" response like Senator Vreenak in the Romulan event.

I'm rather surprised to read this statement. The Romulan event was plagued with huge complaints of how few Romulans there were, how can you compare that to this event with a new Dax AND Sisko (both highly popular characters) and a large variety of augments and DS9 crew, PLUS an arguably very successful first attempt at a new event type?? If this last segment of the event was an absolute flop, it would still be the most successful mega event since I started playing in December last year from my perspective.

Considering the large number of named Vulcan's in Star Trek compare to Romulans it made perfect sense that the event would be more Vulcan heavy.

At the moment we could be looking at a DS9 event which doesn't feature over half of the main DS9 cast.

So far we have had B. Sisko, J Dax and Bashir, and we still have Odo, Kira, O'Brien, J. Sisko, Quark, E Dax and Worf who could be included.
    [S14] Bri wrote: »
    Mirror Leeta would be highly underwhelming in my humble opinion. I was hoping for a new Weyoun, infected Founder, Pah wraith Jake, Possessed Dukat, someone from Red Squad etc etc etc.... as already stated, Mirror Leeta is at least a DS9 crew, but this event could’ve done with a “Senator Vreenak moment” for sure.

I kind of feel like Rocks and Shoals Sisko was that a bit.

And honestly, I'm not sure what other DS9/Augment characters could get the Vreenak reaction. Maybe Patriot Sisko or Risa Jadzia.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭

She might be a 3*. Who knows.
  • Wundigore wrote: »

She might be a 3*. Who knows.

This is what I was coming in to say. Depending on what DB decides to do, there could be up to 4 new crew (that would mean no existing crew in the 3 event choices, plus a new 2*/3* in the reward table.

Leeta could very well be a 3* or 4* variant.

I'm still hoping for Admiral Patrick, personally, but any canon DS9 main cast or Augment will be suitable. We've had lots of good ideas come up.

Just please don't give us a non-canon Augment Janeway or something like that.
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would they have a new crew in Dabo a whole week before it’s introduction to the game? Seems like the trend has always been the day before, not a whole week before. I end with I don’t know for certain so I very well could be wrong
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Would they have a new crew in Dabo a whole week before it’s introduction to the game? Seems like the trend has always been the day before, not a whole week before. I end with I don’t know for certain so I very well could be wrong

Might have originally planned her for this week and pushed it back based on the story.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    We could get something like 5* Admiral Patrick, 4* Mirror Leeta, 4* prisoner O'Brien (existing).

I'd prefer a new Kira, Odo or O'Brien, but this would make sense.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many characters I would like to see that could show up in the final week, and upon further reflection Mirror Leeta is one of them. And not just because I liked Mirror Captain Leeta in ST Online or have a huge crush on Chase Masterson....I also generally like the Mirror universe stories and characters, even if they sometimes strain credulity a bit.