Home The Bridge

Do you read the story in events?

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
Do you read the story DB creates for these events, or do you just click past the dialogue to play the event?

Do you read the story in events? 115 votes

Yes
46%
ADM Fletcher [ET]JeanLucKirk[KM]VidemKnight Ranger[ISA] RavenCaptain TFSabine of AthensCaptain DurfFor Cardassia[GoT] jess-gayRocpileV.Captain LostTravis S McClainNad HalKaiteeJim RaynorPallidyne[Deleted User][GoT] Terfin 53 votes
No
53%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ëRabb[7TW] UnkieBizausomeAviTrekCaptain_WhoSSR Barkley[DSEF] dax0rZombie Squirrel Capt. Chaos[QH] He-Who-MeowsFletcher ChristianJim Steele[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerCommander TuckerKTz[SJ] Admiral Aki[KM] WOLF 359t<G>e  RoonisMidspeed 62 votes

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I click through. For faction events, I access them from the shuttle dialogue instead of entering, so I don't even have to click through until the end.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I read them until the Fun Sponge Burnham story. She comes off as an evil totalitarian. I have not seen Discovery, but I assume she was slandered in the event story.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I enjoy reading though the dialogue but I don’t read the mission descriptions for Faction events. I feel a little bad about it but I'm so accustomed to rapidly tapping through it’s a hard habit to break.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I read them until the Fun Sponge Burnham story. She comes off as an evil totalitarian. I have not seen Discovery, but I assume she was slandered in the event story.

Given the version of Burnham used for that...not really tbh. She kinda was like that a bit in the beginning. Believing her "vulcan logic" was superior to everything and was enough to justify her taking whatever actions she saw fit.

Part of her arc was learning how wrong that approach is.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. Events tend to turn into a slog and I just want them over.

I have wondered and pondered posting if anybody wrote it down and thought of asking them to post it in the bridge after the event. It might be interesting to read in one contiguous block. But at the end of the day, I don't care all that much, and mid event it's more of of an interruption than interest.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I have wondered and pondered posting if anybody wrote it down and thought of asking them to post it in the bridge after the event. It might be interesting to read in one contiguous block. But at the end of the day, I don't care all that much, and mid event it's more of of an interruption than interest.

They're generally added to the event's page on the Wiki.

I read them, though with Faction Events, I'll postpone reading the individual shuttle mission text until I've finished ramping up.
    No

I read them, though with Faction Events, I'll postpone reading the individual shuttle mission text until I've finished ramping up.

I thought the shuttles might be on the Wiki. Forgive me, I haven't looked in a while, and that was a pre-requisite for me saying anything here. But if I recall correctly, I don't remember the story being posted on the Wiki for galaxy events.
    I'll take some time later to go dig around the wiki.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    *taptaptap* *taptaptaptap*

If the intent is to get engrossed in a story, making events so ravenously competitive that you have no time to appreciate the narrative seems counterproductive.

Yep. They could make the event descriptions (cut scenes, faction shuttles, etc.) literally say, "Blah, blah, blah" and nothing else and I doubt it would impact the event participation.
    No
    The last time I got any enjoyment out of the event text was the goofy names for the enemy ship abilities in Skirmishes. Those were quick, made me smile, and I didn't have to click click click click through so I could just play already.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, total waste of time.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No, total waste of time.

I thought that's why we were here, to waste some time not toiling away at the office, ditch digging, etc.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I read some, others I speed click through.

If I am in the company restaurant on a break trying to kick start a faction event, then I speed click, so that I can launch as many shuttles as possible in 20 minutes.

With a galaxy event I will read through, calmly create one item, and hand it in, and enjoy my meal. Then when I get home from work, one or two of the community rewards will be waiting for me to level.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would like to read them, but the events start on my lunch break at work and I don't have time. Is there a "read dialogue" button that I don't know about so I can check it out when time allows?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I thought the shuttles might be on the Wiki. Forgive me, I haven't looked in a while, and that was a pre-requisite for me saying anything here. But if I recall correctly, I don't remember the story being posted on the Wiki for galaxy events.
    I'll take some time later to go dig around the wiki.

As with everything else on the Wiki, it may not be 100% complete. This past week's Galaxy's story was added here by one (or some) of our intrepid fellow players. Here's the story for "Breakthrough" from the Vulcan/Romulan mega. (Just a randomly selected other sample.)