Home The Bridge
Options

So how much are you going to participate in the 6 day insanity ?

Comments

• Options
    Threshold and done !
    Hoping to clear thresholds pretty quickly, and that's only because I'm refilling the honour otherwise it'd be a FF Leeta and a trip to the pub.

The extra prize points are welcome additions, the extra two days aren't.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Top 1000 is good for me!
    I'm probably going to do my best on all three phases. I really like expeditions, so I've got that going for me. I usually do well in faction as well. And as for the final phase, well someone has to get those community rewards for the rest of us, right? ;-)

I do believe this event is an excellent challenge for new to not-so-new players and f2p. Having an extended event with multiple portal packs in the rewards makes for an excellent addition to your crew.
  • Options
    Top 1000 is good for me!
    Somewhere between Thershold and 1000. Will do the best I can.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threshold and done !
    Wherever points from Expedition + Faction phases land me. Hopefully I have time to burn all my tickets, but I won't lose sleep if I don't.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not feeling totally confident about this event. I don't have any event crew except for Bashir, and after only 4 months of playing I don't have a very deep crew either. I've never done an expedition so that'll be a learning curve and i dont want to spend all my saved chrons as I'm saving them for when I'm awesome.

Also, as competitive as the ranks can get its probably nothing compared to the in-house battle I have with my OH every week. We take it far too seriously, with a special plaque in our kitchen, speeches, celebration (or commiseration) dessert (have to stop that one actually its not helping my figure) occasionallya bottle of fizz. We're both in the same #totallyawesome fleet too so that the star base bonus are the same and cannot be used as an excuse.
    He's obv got fair fed up with getting his backside kicked because he's FE both Leeta and Riker already, so I'm thinking I might lose this one :D He not on the forums (I just read the best bits to him) so I can safely say I'm secretly hoping he slays this, as he's worked really hard to get these crew members trained and ready, and I'm really proud of him <3

Therefore, to answer the original question....I'll give it a good bash, but I'm really bashing for Bashir, who has been a welcome addition to my crew. I'm a newbie to DS9, currently on the 4th series and I quite like Bashir. Last night I started watching the episode with Bashir, Julian Bashir. Stopped at 10 minutes in as I was getting tired and it looks like a really good episode.

Anyway, where was I. Hmmm, yes I'm hoping to get both pulls, altho not as fussed about the event pull. However now ive thought about it I would like to clear thresholds as I'm now able to clear thresholds on every event (inc faction, but only the last two) and I'd be disappointed not to manage this one. So yeah, curious, kinda hopeful. New novelty so I'll probably be fair entertained by it.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threshold and done !
    My actual choice isn't listed - between 1001-1500. Airlock unneeded 4* for honor and won't have a chance to second guess my disinterest in O'Brien.

Why 1001-1500? To get 4 x Riker? Don't forget the first community reward drop will probably be Riker so you would only need 3 more copies.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Top 1000 is good for me!
    I plan on playing the event like I normally play.... I have a feeling that with each part only being 2 days that there will be much less burnout.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Threshold and done !
    With any luck I'll have threshold done after the first two phases. Then I can save my chrons and ignore the last phase.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 1000 is good for me!
    My actual choice isn't listed - between 1001-1500. Airlock unneeded 4* for honor and won't have a chance to second guess my disinterest in O'Brien.

Why 1001-1500? To get 4 x Riker? Don't forget the first community reward drop will probably be Riker so you would only need 3 more copies.

I have Riker at 3/4 now, so hopefully he's FF'd via community. My goal is driven by honor and crew slot considerations - 800 for Aug Riker, 300 for Jazz Riker, and zero temptation to keep Aug O'Brien ('cause I'm weak and will likely keep him if I earn him, despite being a stat-doppelganger for Mirror Bashir).
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Threshold and done !
    I’ll see how it goes. Wouldn’t mind getting the two premium pulls but not going to spend the time if I’m far off. I have a bunch of crew I need to level and some that need to be moved to their ice nap.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threshold and done !
    I might try and get a 4th leeta...just so i can cryo her

4th Leeta should come in the community rewards during third phase of the event.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 Leeta's and out !
    I got a few packs in the hopes of a Leeta so I would have to play this event even less. Got three Rikers and an O'Brien.
  • Options
    Threshold and done !
    Minimal effort for me - I'll use all my tickets, do the factions but save all my good speed boosts, and finish up the 400K in the Galaxy phase. If by some miracle I pull the 5* O'Brien, I might spend some chronos to get another star or so, but not going to stress myself for a card I don't like.
  • Options
    Top 1000 is good for me!
    Top 2000 or 2500.

I have a 1/4 Augment Riker. I would like to get him to 4/4 in this event, so I can freeze him.

I am definitely trying for the same as my Augment Riker is 1/4 as well but I did receive an Augment O'Brien in the event pack so I will attempt to get 1000 or better for the extra star(s).
  • Options
    Skipping expeditions altogether. I'll run faction missions then see how close I am to getting Bashir. If I'm not, I'm strongly considering skipping the galaxy portion. I'm just completely apathetic towards the whole thing.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threshold and done !
    Skipping expeditions altogether. I'll run faction missions then see how close I am to getting Bashir. If I'm not, I'm strongly considering skipping the galaxy portion. I'm just completely apathetic towards the whole thing.

On my first ticket, I cleared 30k points in 30 minutes without paying attention to anything but the bottom row for event crew matches. Expeditions are, by far, the best in terms of points-per-unit-of-time-spent. Even with the shuttle kickstart, it's a challenge to break 100k for the first 48 hours of a shuttle event without time boosts/midnight wakeups.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my first ticket, I cleared 30k points in 30 minutes without paying attention to anything but the bottom row for event crew matches. Expeditions are, by far, the best in terms of points-per-unit-of-time-spent.

Last Galaxy I made a 2 hour speed run to get to 440k. I know they are unpopular for many, but there the ratio is even better...

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threshold and done !
    And I'm burnt out already lol
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Undecided...
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    "Depending on what I'll get in 400k Threshold pack" - which really SHOULD be one of options.
  • Options
    Threshold and done !
    I will work Phase 1 until I get my thresholds cleared (which will probably be sometime tomorrow in between doing things at work if I do not do so tonight). I will send shuttles for Phase 2, but will not use boosts outside of the initial climb to the 4k VP shuttles. Galaxy I will sit out since my Chrons can be put to much better use with leveling crew. This triple hybrid is insane and I hope they never do it again.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Threshold and done !
    I should hit the top of the thresholds sometime tomorrow. I may or may not send some shuttles, I haven’t decided. And I’ll do at least one in the galaxy portion to get the community rewards. Other than that I’ve decided I really like this event because it’s a nice break from events. O’Brien just wasn’t worth going for.
  • Options
    Got a 5* behold from the 300k reward at least.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threshold and done !
    Approaching threshold already so a nice quiet weekend? Sounds good.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threshold and done !
    I was hoping to clear threshold by the end of the faction phase, to avoid the galaxy phase, but it looks like it won't take nearly that long. After running today's tickets and the reward tickets I'm close to 350k, which means I'll clear thresholds before finishing all three of the day-two tickets.

I'll probably run shuttles for the event, just to farm Augment faction items. I doubt I'll do anything but a single crafted item during the galaxy phase, just to get the community rewards.

Unfortunately my 10x premium pull was a bust - 4* behold with all three crew immortalized. Oh well...
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 Leeta's and out !
    Okay apparently I underestimated how strong my crew's become since last time I did an expedition (rather than just ignoring it)... which was the Borg mega, so okay, it's been a while. It was still tedious grinding through the lower tier missions, but once that was done just clearing the Epics and then moving on to a new ticket I'm at 330k already, so I guess there's no reason not to finish it up and get the final threshold reward once the tickets refresh this afternoon.

I'm feeling a lot better about what at the time seemed like a long shot of levelling up Augment Riker when this started.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Threshold and done !
    I forget what I voted for (EDIT: now I remember!), but I’ll use all the free/earned tickets and launch Augment shuttles sans kickstart. I’m not going to chase a 5* with chrons, particularly this one. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    [TLA]  84wb[TLA] 84wb ✭✭✭
    Top 1000 is good for me!
    Top 1000 just as usual.

Having played tickets for the first 2 days, it takes a lot less time than that Skirmish insanity. I really hope DB changes those, before they come again .. and at least introduce a way to skip the intro and extro for the ship battles.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Threshold and done !
    Done with thresholds now, playing the rest of the event as a spectator.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    My 400k pull was O’Brien. 2 free legendaries in threshold rewards.