Home The Bridge
Options

Who is planning on playing the galaxy portion

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
With threshold easy to hit just off of the Expedition phase, a weak Legendary crew and an unpopular repeat 4*, was wondering what percent of people were planning to play the galaxy portion at all (except for one recipe to qualify for rewards)? I am wondering if this becomes the second event we miss the community rewards...

Who is planning on playing the galaxy portion 159 votes

Nope: Threshold and out
51%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ëizausomesorinevPeachtree RexCaptain_Who[KM]Videmmilamber42Sabine of AthensRoadrunner {SG-66}ProsserRocpileMordackguest_7456V.PaCaptain LostCapt. ChaosMcCaptainfaceTravis S McClain[TFA] Celeres 82 votes
Yes: I plan to play some to finish of Riker
11%
Captain DurfNeos472[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinRaraRacingDrone_oneJean-Luc Kenobi(HGH)ApolloDavey1983[CFOH] Bearcatcaptain_yarShy KhanMirror CartmanDavideBooksCaelonkapuCaptain RomarIshmael MarxRiria 18 votes
Yes: Going all in for O'brien
10%
Warrior Willo[NDQ] Joker41NAMCaptain QPhotonKimCrunchyFleetSoupKitchen RikerOdo Marmarosa[TUFG] Captain Zlog[QH] Captain Ziggy[GoT] LuckyNumberHatCapt. Pete OwenSuperAmdynguest_935349890207745Automaton_2000wfgAce_Rimmer 16 votes
Unsure/other
27%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Knight RangerCaptain TFWaldoMag[DSEF] dax0rMystikal William T. Riker[QH] OxmyxLady GaghgaghGeneral McDuckPallidyneAuntieACommander SinclairAntasilHungry Dog DDMJayBeezy~peregrine~Moogie's Favorite K Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaTcal 43 votes

Comments

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit all thresholds Thursday about 3 hrs after start, done for the weekend! Thx DB! :smiley:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concerned about the community rewards, but not enough to play an item waster galaxy phase
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Unsure/other
    I've hit all the thresholds already, but despite not wanting that O'Brien hogging a crew slot, I'll still be putting some time into Galaxy in order to help us all get the Community Reward. Sure, I never seem to get anything good from those Community 10-pulls, but they're great for newer players, and it's still always fun to watch square after square obstinately refuse to balloon up into a Behold.

Although judging from the poll results/comments so far, not everyone seems to have the same idea about helping everybody out! Of all game franchises, I would have expected Star Trek game players to be more receptive to helping their community.
  • Options
    Thresholds and out. For a full galaxy it has to be decent crew for me to waste the chrons, for one where I'll have already thresholded? Nuh-uh.

Not worried about community awards, there are always people gunning for personal glory and those who'll see the galaxy phase as easier pickings than Expedition or Faction, so we'll hit them.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    I've hit all the thresholds already, but despite not wanting that O'Brien hogging a crew slot, I'll still be putting some time into Galaxy in order to help us all get the Community Reward. Sure, I never seem to get anything good from those Community 10-pulls, but they're great for newer players, and it's still always fun to watch square after square obstinately refuse to balloon up into a Behold.

Although judging from the poll results/comments so far, not everyone seems to have the same idea about helping everybody out! Of all game franchises, I would have expected Star Trek game players to be more receptive to helping their community.

For me, I think the people gunning for the top 1000 will be able to pull it off without any problem and I have better things to do with my time (such as going to work) and in-game resources (level crew, prepare for the next event).
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I hit the final threshold reward this morning. I'm a bit surprised I got it so early, I thought for sure it would take me until Sunday to grind away for it.

I guess I overestimated the difficulty of Expeditions and underestimated the strength of my crew. It's been a long time since our last Expedition and I feel like my crew was significantly worse then, or maybe I didn't really try that event, but either way my crew is very deep now and I had no trouble getting through this one.
  • Options
    SpockySpocky ✭✭
    If I need more points, yes. If I don't, no.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Unsure/other
    I'm annoyed because I had pulled all of my Rikers and O'Briens out of cryo for the faction phase, but as OP pointed out, it was easy to clear the threshold with just the expedition. So I'm going to shove about 8 to 10 people back into cryo and just hope for the best on faction portion with my active bonus crew.

And to answer your question, OP, the galaxy phase seems so far away at this point, I don't know what I'll do. Probably depends on how fast that community bar ticks up.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing far better than I thought I was going to, should threshold this evening.

I do want everyone to get the community reward, (assuming they're the same as normal). I'd also like the extra copy of Leeta. I'll probably be willing to use whatever chrons I obtain over that day (well cpl days rly), but I won't use any of my saved e-mail chrons.
    I'm not bothered about rank. I don't have Riker so I don't care if I get more copies. I've never even caught a glimpse of the top 1000 so don't expect to need to keep going for that. If I would like the community reward then I feel I should attempt to help earn it.

I love opening the community reward. It's great seeing what everyone else has recieved and I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't achieve it.

Also, a lot depends on where my OH ranks.....theres a special plaque remember 😂😂 I want my name on it this week!

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    As a Squad Leader, it would be unfair to completely abandon after thresholds (done yesterday.) And I like Factions so I don't mind that part of it. I randomly got Auggie O'Brien in my free Event Pack Pull so I am considering just staying in top 1K to get my 2nd * for him.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    CaelonCaelon
    edited June 2018
    Yes: I plan to play some to finish of Riker
    I'm "old enough" (i.e. lvl 73) that I no longer have urgent need of Chrons. Every 1*-3* is FF/FE. Every FF 4*/5* character is also FE (plus a bunch of 2/4 and 3/4 when they match events). So I really needed a more generic "Yes." as my Riker is FF and I'm not specifically going for O'Brien.
  • Options
    Unsure/other

For me, I think the people gunning for the top 1000 will be able to pull it off without any problem and I have better things to do with my time (such as going to work) and in-game resources (level crew, prepare for the next event).

Huh. I hadn't thought of it like that. I must say, I think you're completely right. Yes, I think I'll be sitting out the Galaxy phase as well.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still generous and community-spirited. Just not when it involves me giving up my time or my digital items. And if I see a problem or challenge that I can help to overcome, then from now on I'll be happy to sit back and let other people do the work for me. After all, they might succeed without me, so why should I help them?

What a great world and Utopian future we shall forge together!
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    I usually don't play galaxy for rank unless i really like the 5*
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh. I hadn't thought of it like that. I must say, I think you're completely right. Yes, I think I'll be sitting out the Galaxy phase as well.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still generous and community-spirited. Just not when it involves me giving up my time or my digital items. And if I see a problem or challenge that I can help to overcome, then from now on I'll be happy to sit back and let other people do the work for me. After all, they might succeed without me, so why should I help them?

I’m so sorry I have a job that puts a roof over my head and food on my table that means I have less time to help you get pixels.
  • Options
    Threshold and out. Just finished 400000 threshold today and was lucky enough to get another Mirror Leeta. So, I think I will enjoy the weekend for once!
  • Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭
    Galaxy is the only event type where I can reliably obtain non-threshold event crew, so yes, I'm playing.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    wfg wrote: »
    Galaxy is the only event type where I can reliably obtain non-threshold event crew, so yes, I'm playing.

Remember, each of the 3 event types are a single event and all the VP is cumulative. So if you do poorly in the Expedition and/or Faction portions, you are starting out way behind in the galaxy portion.
  • Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭
    wfg wrote: »

Remember, each of the 3 event types are a single event and all the VP is cumulative. So if you do poorly in the Expedition and/or Faction portions, you are starting out way behind in the galaxy portion.

Yeah, what I meant (and stated poorly) is that usually when there are Faction/Galaxy hybrid events, it's the Galaxy portion that pulls me up relative to the Faction portion. I expect that I'll stay afloat this event through the Expedition and Faction phases, but it'll be in the Galaxy phase where I actually see some upward movement.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I will have around 600 000 VP after the expedition phase so good luck with catching it in a Galaxy phase.
  • Options
    WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    I have Riker already immortal and do not care about the O'Brien.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    I will have around 600 000 VP after the expedition phase so good luck with catching it in a Galaxy phase.

You and everyone else. VP inflation is real and effects everyone. Everyone will start faction at the same point and then will start a normal 2 phase faction/galaxy hybrid. Adding the expedition didn't change anything besides adding two extra days to grind for nothing.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    S31 wrote: »

You and everyone else. VP inflation is real and effects everyone. Everyone will start faction at the same point and then will start a normal 2 phase faction/galaxy hybrid. Adding the expedition didn't change anything besides adding two extra days to grind for nothing.

Well yes it did. Doing 400K threshold with nothing but some time means it's free pulls on 2 prem packs and free weekend for those who do not care for Fake O'Brien, like me. Expedition was the only good thing about this 6 day disappointment.
  • Options
    Wasn't going to but I got "lucky" with the reward event pull and may as well get the second star on Figment O'Brien
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Unsure/other

I’m so sorry I have a job that puts a roof over my head and food on my table that means I have less time to help you get pixels.

Man, those 48-hour shifts are brutal, aren't they? :p
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't need the items to level crew and I have plenty of chrons saved, but nope. O'Brien is that bad.
  • Options
    Unsure/other
    Other I like galaxy events, so I will play until the end. Not sure where I will end up and dont care.
  • Options
    i'll play shuttles and galaxy, but i won't use time boosts or spend too much... that o'brien isn't worth fighting for.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    I will help the squad and to get the community rewards but i won't spend to many chrons or boosts.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    If I'm still near top 2,000 after Faction, I may try to stay there. I've never seen a Galaxy event where community rewards were not done the next morning. I may jump in if community rewards are not earned by the last morning.

Participation seems unlikely at this point, but I'm not ruling it out.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. I hit thresholds during expedition so I’m not going to even do faction. I saw the leader after expedition had over 6 million points. There is no way I could grind like that unless my wife were involved ;-)