Home The Bridge
Options

Who is planning on playing the galaxy portion

2»

Comments

• Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    I just want to make sure the Community Rewards are accomplished. I'm swimming in Supply Packs so I might spend one.

Problem is, its Monday and Tuesday, which are not usual times I play hardcore.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes: I plan to play some to finish of Riker
    Unfortunately, due to scheduling, I left a LOT of Expedition tickets on the table, so haven’t even hit threshold yet :(
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to put some effort into the Galaxy phase, unfortunately ... was not able to participate much in Expedition and so have not yet hit the last reward for Thresholds ... am 90k VP off, so will probably need to get around 40k of Galaxy participation in.

No way I'll get one more copy of Riker (in addition to community rewards) ... would have been nice.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably do it, to help get community rewards. I don't need to, but I think that part might have low participation. We'll see. I'll certainly craft a few items if it looks like it's running slow
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    I didn’t do much with the first one mainly because I loathe them. I didnt have many boosts for the faction portion but I am sending them out fairly regularly. I’ll do just enough of the dreaded galaxy to finish thresholds then I’ll stop. I have zero desire for the five. The extra thresholds are nice but I’m starting to get bored of the events.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    Yes because I haven't hit the thresholds yet.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was planning to play for the missing two stars on Riker, but I (got one of him from the threshold rewards and) did so well in the expedition part and am doing the faction part for Augment items. I am comfortably resting in the 500-600 range (which is something I've never done before). I will do galaxy parts if it looks like we might not get the last star on Gadget Leeta.
  • Options
    Nope: Threshold and out
    I spent all my chronotons on the last galaxy event so I'm afraid I really don't have a choice. :(
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    I have decided to make 100.000 VP in the galaxy part purely to do my part for the community rewards. I'm pretty solid in the top1000 and will have no chance at top 25.
  • Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Huh. I hadn't thought of it like that. I must say, I think you're completely right. Yes, I think I'll be sitting out the Galaxy phase as well.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still generous and community-spirited. Just not when it involves me giving up my time or my digital items. And if I see a problem or challenge that I can help to overcome, then from now on I'll be happy to sit back and let other people do the work for me. After all, they might succeed without me, so why should I help them?

What a great world and Utopian future we shall forge together!

It's just a freemium game, not Medicines sans Frontiers. If a better world concerns you that much, quit playing games and spend that time volunteering with some local charities, otherwise you're just like the rest of us and electing when to do stuff for ourselves over others at times.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Nah. I hit thresholds during expedition so I’m not going to even do faction. I saw the leader after expedition had over 6 million points. There is no way I could grind like that unless my wife were involved ;-)

I did faction casually for the free stuff. The 15 one minute shuttles were just free Augment gear. Then I used Augment shuttles for dailies because of the better success rate.

As for the Galaxy portion, I've done my portion of the community rewards. I crafted the 3 parts need to turn them in. I used Darth Bashir on one part to get the bonus equipment then used terrible crew for the other 2 parts so I wouldn't get another piece of bonus equipment (so it wouldn't take a spot in my inventory). Build the piece for the VP, turned in the bonus equipment for the VP and done. :)
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Nah. I hit thresholds during expedition so I’m not going to even do faction. I saw the leader after expedition had over 6 million points. There is no way I could grind like that unless my wife were involved ;-)

I did faction casually for the free stuff. The 15 one minute shuttles were just free Augment gear. Then I used Augment shuttles for dailies because of the better success rate.

As for the Galaxy portion, I've done my portion of the community rewards. I crafted the 3 parts need to turn them in. I used Darth Bashir on one part to get the bonus equipment then used terrible crew for the other 2 parts so I wouldn't get another piece of bonus equipment (so it wouldn't take a spot in my inventory). Build the piece for the VP, turned in the bonus equipment for the VP and done. :)

I like to open faction shuttles at the end of the faction phase, and send and claim them in the galaxy phase. That way I can add ~30k VP points to the galaxy portion, plus qualify for community rewards without running a single recipe.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    Looks like we might get the 10-pull by tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    I was going to be a threshold and out. But as usual I played very strongly and did very well in the expedition phase. I assumed when the faction portion started I was going to drop a significant number of places. I'm still in the top 300 right now and haven't dropped even 10 spaces in the 3 hours since the last phase started. I don't know if I am going to spend any chrons, it's unlikely, but if I feel like I can jump some places by spending a minimal amount of chrons I might make a go.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    Unsure/other
    I'm probably not even going to hit threshold this event. I went as far as needed to get the 200 chrons, after that I'm not really bothered about the rewards. Got most of the 150k during phase 1, picked up the remaining VP I needed with a few shuttles.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Got 282k from expedition portion and my last shuttle resulted in a VP total of 401k. So with thresholds cleared before galaxy started, that means no galaxy for me.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Hit 400k on first ticket reset and took a break.

Now I did the under 3 hour shuttles. Essentially kick started without the boosts.

Working on the low need characters that are next week's crew. Good excuse to get them immortalized so I can airlock them next Monday
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've put in about 40K in the galaxy phase thus far (743K overall). Rank just below 1100, which is within my target tier for the event. Depending on how well the final (2x) shuttles perform, might not need to do much more.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Planned to do top3000. Then got Riker from Voyage. Heh.
  • Options
    sagimasagima ✭✭
    Was hoping to get a ff aug riker but i've acquired 3/4 now so just aiming for top 3000 and I'm at around 1300 at the moment so I might just let it drift for today and reassess tomorrow. Fingers crossed the community 10 pull hands me one then I can save my chrons.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sat at 1200 since the shuttle phase ended and have not dropped many positions so I could go for Faux OBrian, but I think Id rather save my chronos for leveling crew.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Unsure/other
    I played until threshold, but since I only used one expedition ticket, it took until today. This is my worst placing in a long long time.
  • Options
    Well I was planning on Threshold and Out, but my free pack pull netted me an O'Brien, so I thought I might as well spend a few of the chrons I've been saving up to get a second star for him.