Home The Bridge
Options

How likely are we to see more Skirmish Events?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Catpain wrote: »
    DB finally gives us an event where the time invested is decently rewarded. So lets all lecture them that they're being too generous.

I think we are saying don’t stop being generous

And it's only generous compared to what we are used to. The same way when gas prices go up a dollar and then drop by 50 cents. Everyone is so happy even though they are paying 50 cents more per gallon than they were before. It's perspective. Give things outrageous costs and then when you drop them to merely really high, people think they are getting a great deal. Manage expectations.
  • Options
    I think we almost certainly will see more Skirmishes, if from an ROI perspective if nothing else. DB would not go to the trouble and expense of creating a whole new event type to only use it once.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catpain wrote: »
    Some of us are. Others began making the case for a nerf shortly after it ended.

The rewards for Skirmish events are way out of whack. Maybe DB intend that. If so, that's great, sort of.

The issue with too generous is that it can have serious knock on effects elsewhere in the game. A good test, is to do an honest self examination. Are you willing to spend more or less now? If it's the latter, then it's bad for the game.

Lets compare Skirmish events to Voyages. When Voyages were released we saw that they were awesome for chrons, crew and materials, it was a huge increase in potential rewards. But to be able to get access to those rewards you had to have a deep crew and/or piles of dilithium. So you were incentivised to spend to get access to the loot. Many of us did and I consider Voyages the most important update to the game.

Skirmishes on the other hand give loads of chrons and honor, but there is no cost to it except your willingness to click. It just gives stuff for free, lots of stuff for free. This means that people are less incentivised to buy things or even run ad warps. Did I take advantage of it while it was there? Absolutely. I still have enormous piles of stuff from a top 100 finish. Do I think that this is good for the game? Absolutely not. Am I incentivised to spend money? Not at all. If anything, this type of error on an ongoing basis would make me worried about the fundamentals of the game and would definitely make me nervous about spending money.

If you want DB to be more generous, go after honor rates for crew and lower prices or more generous bulk offers in the store. Don't encourage broken events. We'll just end up with RSI and no game.