Home The Bridge
Options

How likely are we to see more Skirmish Events?

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
DB Crew, any feedback from you guys about how you think the skirmish event went? Is it something you plan to work into the standard rotation of events, or only something we should expect to see on special occasions like mega events?

For non DB crew, how often would you WANT to see them?

Comments

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it. I thought it would be a good hybrid mixer.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping the next event after this re-run would be a skirmish.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB Crew, any feedback from you guys about how you think the skirmish event went? Is it something you plan to work into the standard rotation of events, or only something we should expect to see on special occasions like mega events?

For non DB crew, how often would you WANT to see them?

I would like to see a Skirmish event every 2-3 months, whether stand-alone or as part of a Mega event. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think that 1-2 times a month would be nice, they are a bit grindy, but especially as the second part of a faction-Skirmish or the first half of a skirmish-galaxy would work really well.

I do think they should be limited to single phase events otherwise they will get grindy as heck.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt we'll see them in their previous form. As much as many here are loath to admit, the event was far too rewarding in terms of Chrons. I spent no additional resources getting additional Chrons in the event and still managed to get 6000 Holoemitters for my "troubles". I was seeking out Space missions that dropped anything useful by the end of the event. I was even throwing away Chrons for 0* Science Experiments + Textbooks on Rockslide.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt we'll see them in their previous form. As much as many here are loath to admit, the event was far too rewarding in terms of Chrons. I spent no additional resources getting additional Chrons in the event and still managed to get 6000 Holoemitters for my "troubles". I was seeking out Space missions that dropped anything useful by the end of the event. I was even throwing away Chrons for 0* Science Experiments + Textbooks on Rockslide.

This is what I fear, that Skirmishes will be nerfed. Take the chrons, take whatever, but please leave the honor in there.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I forget who I was leveling at the time but the extra chrons available to dump into getting more 0* science experiments was quite nice for me.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the next event after the rerun is a skirmish
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

This is what I fear, that Skirmishes will be nerfed. Take the chrons, take whatever, but please leave the honor in there.

Well...reducing the Chrons ends up taking some fraction of the honor. They would need to make corresponding increases to honor drops.

If they do anything, I think they'll just increase how mission costs scale. Even a modest increase in intelligence cost cap 1200 => 1500 would do a lot towards reducing the chron->itel->chron feedback loop.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed... by the end I had so many chrons that I was just warp 10'ing the battles that give latinum... farmed a bunch of purple and blues
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Well...reducing the Chrons ends up taking some fraction of the honor. They would need to make corresponding increases to honor drops.

If they do anything, I think they'll just increase how mission costs scale. Even a modest increase in intelligence cost cap 1200 => 1500 would do a lot towards reducing the chron->itel->chron feedback loop.

Good point. That also seems like the easiest route to go
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see them, instead of nerfed to give less rewards or be more difficult, as a some sort of flash/short event, only lasting 1 day. Something similar to the gauntlet.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I would love a mega grind event with 10 day hybrid expedition/skirmish.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see it once a month or so
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catpain wrote: »
    DB finally gives us an event where the time invested is decently rewarded. So lets all lecture them that they're being too generous.

I think we are saying don’t stop being generous
  • Options
    Some of us are. Others began making the case for a nerf shortly after it ended.
  • Options
    Please rerun it and please don't change it except for the normal level which should be made easier for newer players
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Once a month would be good for me. With the caveat that they don’t nerf it into the ground. If they could find some way to make the second phase of a straight skirmish event different or more interesting that would also be great. As it stands, a hybrid faction/skirmish or skirmish/galaxy would be fantastic.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a month would be good for me. With the caveat that they don’t nerf it into the ground. If they could find some way to make the second phase of a straight skirmish event different or more interesting that would also be great. As it stands, a hybrid faction/skirmish or skirmish/galaxy would be fantastic.

A Skirmish hybrid with Faction (or even Expedition), I'd be up for. A hybrid that's AnyEventType/Galaxy, however, renders the event type in the first phase almost completely useless and pointless to play.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

A Skirmish hybrid with Faction (or even Expedition), I'd be up for. A hybrid that's AnyEventType/Galaxy, however, renders the event type in the first phase almost completely useless and pointless to play.

It is pretty tough to build enough points in two days of faction compared to two days of galaxies. The points can certainly help but those events are by no means won in the faction half

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think every 4-6 weeks, in a hybrid, would be ok with me. And I'll echo several others - the best part of the rewards (to me) was the honor drops. This is a nice new mechanism to deliver extra honor to players. Want to earn 20% of a 5* citation in a couple of days? - grind away at space battles and your dreams can come true. Players are happy 'cause they get honor. DB is happy 'cause players are engaged with the game. Win-win. Not sure how much real money and/or dilithium we all spent, but I certainly watched a bunch of ads (to farm intel), so that's a metric they can sell.

Re: hybrids. In the A.V. era (After Voyages), faction-galaxy is completely about the galaxy phase. But expedition and skirmish both generate significant VP totals that can at least compete with galaxy numbers.
  • Options
    We'll almost certainly see Skrmishes again, though it's pretty likely there will be changes. Every event type has seen significant changes after introduction, and I wouldn't expect Skirmishes to be any different.
  • Options

As a threshold and out player, Faction/Galaxy is the best event type for me. The Galaxy reward structure guarantees a free 4/4, a bunch of free chrons, and 2 suply kits to level crew with. The abilty to run shuttles well into the Galaxy phase combined with the kickstart means I can "threshold and out" without building any (or at worst a few) recipes.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a threshold and out player, Faction/Galaxy is the best event type for me. The Galaxy reward structure guarantees a free 4/4, a bunch of free chrons, and 2 suply kits to level crew with. The abilty to run shuttles well into the Galaxy phase combined with the kickstart means I can "threshold and out" without building any (or at worst a few) recipes.

Well, that's true, and I should have been more specific about my issue with those, which is if you're going for any sort of rank. But yes, the Faction/Galaxy hybrids are indeed worthwhile if you're doing the threshold-and-out thing, which I've done numerous times myself.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Point well taken. If I stop buying the 10x10 and giving myself crew to work on, I too can join the competition for the top. I've currently got about 15 4/4s and a 1/2 dozen "voyage-worthy" 1/5s to work on at the moment.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I would like to see them, instead of nerfed to give less rewards or be more difficult, as a some sort of flash/short event, only lasting 1 day. Something similar to the gauntlet.

I would like to see two day or 'flash' events too. Just once a month even, I'd love to devote an entire day to something like that, but 4 days I find very long and I'm liable to lose interest.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is it would have to be between two faction events if it is between a galaxy and/or standard hybrid you have little time to recuperate your chronitons (let alone level up event crew) so therefore I think the best schedule would be

Faction, Skirmish, Faction, Galaxy, Hybrid Faction/Galaxy(or Skirmish, bi-monthly alternating) I think this would keep a nice balance to most demands from the status quo.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Once a month would be fine with me. I would make it a hybrid. Faction/ Skirmish , Expedition/ Skirmish, Galaxy/ Skirmish. Alternating which event it goes with for a chance of pace.