Home The Bridge
Options

New 5* Miranda Jones

~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
Looks like this card will have CMD, DIP & SCI. Here's a link to the Memory Alpha page:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Miranda_Jones

And here's a pic:

kczbdnmx25y4.jpg

Let the discussion regarding appropriate traits begin! LLAP
"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, another Pulaski

J/K but for real I don't actually know much about this character so not dying to have over here
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they'll give her romantic.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Med for the Doctor?

Counsellor, Human, Diplomat, Telepath, Federation
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 stabs at the pack, kurros both times... blah
  • Options
    Actual Traits: Human, Communicator, Telepath, Vulcan

She has the Vulcan Trait, which neither Amanda or Burnham have.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Vulcan is appropriate for her, much more so than for Amanda, imo.
  • Options
    Time for another round of "Whose Vulcan Trait Is It Anyway?"
  • Options
    8 pulls. 4 nevesa, 3 lal, 1 kurros. Total waste.
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    2 pulls, 2 Lal to the airlock. I guess i'm still paying the price to RNG for pulling 3 species 8472 in five packs two weeks ago.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd think it was bugged if Althea didn't grab her.... there's a LOT of purples only being reported here
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a few attempts since I needed stars for both Nevesa and Lal. Ended up with three Kurros, of course. Blech.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I had each of the 4*s in this pack at 1/4 and I'm close to another immortalized reward, so I felt it was safe to make a few pulls. I also had Abe Lincoln at 1/5 and I've been saving up dilithium for a while.

1st pull: Lal
    2nd: Miranda Jones!
    3rd: Commander Nevesa
    4th: Abraham Lincoln!!!
    5th: Kurros

5 pulls, 5 good outcomes. I'm still sitting on lots of dilithium but I like what I've got. Probably won't be buying another pack for a long time (unless DB surprises me with a rerun of The Games Afoot, because I want/need more stars on each of the characters from that one).
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to, because I could never snag a Lal the last time she was offered. I'm afraid of that Kurros, though.
  • Options
    Hmmm.... FF’d Lal , just airlocked a Kurros last week, and no Nevesa. 1st pull, Timicin! And I’m done, got the 5* I wanted!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five packs got me a Falcon O'Brien and a Lincoln. And honor.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    No 5* I really like, neither by char nor stats.
    "I already airlocked 5 of you", "I already airlocked 3 of you", "I already airlocked two of you and do not care enough despite fusing another two" for 4*.

Pack that I can safely open. But I just plain don't want to.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bit. 2 Lincolns: Yay! 3 Kurros: Boooo! Seriously, that's the only one of those 6 I had already. You couldn't cut me a little slack DBRNG?
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulcan? She's not biologically Vulcan in any way. She was trained by Vulcans for four years. A lot less than Burnham. If she gets the Vulcan trait, then Graduate Burnham and Prospector Burnham, at the very least, should also have that trait.

I didn't mention Burnham at all. There's been much debate already on whether she should have the Vulcan trait. I've only seen episode 1 of Discovery, so I'm not commenting on that.

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Vulcan? She's not biologically Vulcan in any way. She was trained by Vulcans for four years. A lot less than Burnham. If she gets the Vulcan trait, then Graduate Burnham and Prospector Burnham, at the very least, should also have that trait.

I didn't mention Burnham at all. There's been much debate already on whether she should have the Vulcan trait. I've only seen episode 1 of Discovery, so I'm not commenting on that.

Having watched the whole season twice, Burnhams character is portrayed such that she is cool and level headed "like a Vulcan", until she is presented with an emotional choice which she rationalizes as "Logical". It is only Sarek that ironically tells her to embrace her human emotions.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options

Federation. Her "assignment," which was much discussed in the episode in which she appears, was a diplomatic assignment on behalf of the Federation. She clearly was a citizen of the Federation and even somehow affiliated with the government.

Counselor. If Prisoner Admiral Cornwell gets this trait as a trained psychologist, Dr. Miranda Jones should certainly also have it. Much is made of her psychology training during the episode in which she appears. She should also have medical skill.

Totally agree, especially the last paragraph.

Diplomat She's on a diplomatic mission for the Federation.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Federation. Her "assignment," which was much discussed in the episode in which she appears, was a diplomatic assignment on behalf of the Federation. She clearly was a citizen of the Federation and even somehow affiliated with the government.

Counselor. If Prisoner Admiral Cornwell gets this trait as a trained psychologist, Dr. Miranda Jones should certainly also have it. Much is made of her psychology training during the episode in which she appears. She should also have medical skill.

Totally agree, especially the last paragraph.

Diplomat She's on a diplomatic mission for the Federation.

Thanks. I'm frustrated they got this so wrong as I really enjoyed this character when I re-watched TOS a couple years ago. Is she the only human telepath we've encountered on Star Trek? Muldaur did a great job with the whole thing.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ended up buying 4 packs since I like the character. Plus I wanted to pull some packs. I've started letting my premium portal packs accumulate waiting for the next portal update.

Got her on the first pull. On the 4th pull I got Timicin, who I also didn't have. Stopped there!

Much the same here. I had Lal and Kurros at 1/4* and felt extremely safe pulling multiples:

1st - star #2 for Kurros and an all-FF SR behold
    2nd - star #3 for Kurros and an all-FF SR behold
    3rd - star #1 for Nevesa and a surprise Alternate Future Bashir from a behold
    4th - Timicin and an all-FF SR behold

I’m quite happy with the new crew and honor. In fact, if I had more dil I would keep pulling. Thanks to DB for a Tuesday pack that doesn’t have a ton of crew I already have in the freezer.
  • Options
    One pull. It was a small risk with Lal FF, but I felt like gambling. Got a second star for Nevesa and a SR behold that gave me my last star for Platonian Kirk. I'll take it.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I'm so damn tempted as I don't have any of the 5s, but I have all the 4s... we shall see whose willpower is stronger...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I'm so damn tempted as I don't have any of the 5s, but I have all the 4s... we shall see whose willpower is stronger...

My willpower was weak...I got some dil and pulled two more times, FFing Kurros and putting another star on Lal.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit to a slight lady crush on Diana Muldaur (yes, even as Pulaski, she was mostly written horribly but she still managed to force some spicy charm in), and that's really nice art of her, so I took a shot - good odds, with only Lal already complete. Didn't get lucky with the good doctor, but two packs gave me the two stars I needed to finish off another of my faves, Nevesa, so I'm going to stop on a reasonable high and save some dilithium for whatever comes down the pipe next.
  • Options
    I need Nevesa but just immortalised Kurros this morning so I know exactly who I would get..!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met