Home The Bridge
Options

HALLOWEEN Mega Event!

I think a Halloween themed Mega Event in October could be all kinds of fun! Different combinations of crew in costume and/or undercover could be a really fun mix of crew.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea. :) Sign me up for two, please.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to add that one week should be heavy on Klingons and feature a Sarcophagus ship where all of the airlocked duplicates may rest eternally.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know about a full-on “Halloween” event but it would be nice to get a 4* Korob and 5* Sylvia as part of an event focusing on people thinking there’s paranormal stuff going on when it is really just more space/time shenanigans.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    M113 creature was a vampire of sorts.

The White Bunny. Buffy the vampire slayer reference.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could go for a 5* Fek'lhr
  • Options
    I don’t know about a full-on “Halloween” event but it would be nice to get a 4* Korob and 5* Sylvia as part of an event focusing on people thinking there’s paranormal stuff going on when it is really just more space/time shenanigans.

Sylvia as a giant cat lol
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Catspaw event! I would love to see these in the game somehow:
    Star-Trek-Catspaw.jpg?resize=300%2C227

They creeped me out even rewatching that episode as an adult. They could be very fun artwork too.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be fun, they do a halloween pack every year.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you all are joking about this. Catspaw might be the worst episode of TOS. Just awful. So blatantly and cheesily a Halloween episode.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

I hope you all are joking about this. Catspaw might be the worst episode of TOS. Just awful. So blatantly and cheesily a Halloween episode.

Oh no, it is objectively terrible. I laughed out loud when the "giant" cat shows up. But, that doesn't mean the characters can't be fun additions in isolation. I mean, we got a Paris from the salamander episode, and Yar from "Code of Honor." Anything is possible.
  • Options

A bit of joking, yes. But once you peel back the Halloween cheese, there were some concepts of substance that the episode covered...perhaps treading old ground, given their prior encounters with Trelane, Apollo, and other semi-human superbeings, but fascinating all the same. And if we accept the premise of a Halloween event (a mega would be too much, just a regular event on the weekend before or after Halloween would be fine) and the inherent silliness that such an event would bring, having characters from Catspaw wouldn’t be objectively ridiculous.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

A bit of joking, yes. But once you peel back the Halloween cheese, there were some concepts of substance that the episode covered...perhaps treading old ground, given their prior encounters with Trelane, Apollo, and other semi-human superbeings, but fascinating all the same. And if we accept the premise of a Halloween event (a mega would be too much, just a regular event on the weekend before or after Halloween would be fine) and the inherent silliness that such an event would bring, having characters from Catspaw wouldn’t be objectively ridiculous.

Okay, dig this: they start as two separate 4* characters...

kbhcqarvpq1p.jpg

...who can then be merged into a new single 5* crew comprised of the dual Ornithoid creatures they really are...

j7abbgemn0xt.gif

...who then immediately die. Think of it: A treat that turns into a trick! >:)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The protomorphosis crew would be obvious existing options... possible new 4* releases of other proto crew? The clown would be good but I doubt they'd waive the voyage only tag. Those creepy things from the Schisms episode of TNG would be good too.

I love the idea of Halloween theme because after giving it some more thought I'm sure there's a ton more that would be good
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    ‘Ghosted’ La Forge and Ro would be a good pair of additions (TNG: the Next Phase). Also Edward Janeway (VGR: Coda), dead Picard & Afterlife Q (TNG:Tapestry), Possessed Felisa Howard & Ronan (TNG: Sub Rosa). Maybe Rumpelstiltskin from DS9 If Wishes Were Horses.
  • Options
    Ljofa wrote: »
    ‘Ghosted’ La Forge and Ro would be a good pair of additions (TNG: the Next Phase). Also Edward Janeway (VGR: Coda), dead Picard & Afterlife Q (TNG:Tapestry), Possessed Felisa Howard & Ronan (TNG: Sub Rosa). Maybe Rumpelstiltskin from DS9 If Wishes Were Horses.

Those are actually some amazing suggestions
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I forgot, but a couple years ago, I compiled a list of episodes to recommend to a friend who enjoys horror movies and was new to Trek. Here were my selections. They run the range from creature features to mad scientists to serial killers to haunted houses, etc.

TOS “The Return of the Archons”
    TOS “The Devil in the Dark”
    TOS “Catspaw”
    TOS “Obsession”
    TOS “Wolf in the Fold”
    TOS “Whom Gods Destroy”
    TAS “The Magicks of Megas-Tu”
    TNG “Conspiracy”
    TNG “Night Terrors”
    TNG “Realm of Fear”
    TNG “Schisms”
    TNG “Frame of Mind”
    TNG “Phantasms”
    TNG “Genesis”
    DS9 “Necessary Evil”
    DS9 “The Darkness and the Light”
    DS9 “Empok Nor”
    DS9 “The Reckoning”
    DS9 “Field of Fire”
    VOY “The Thaw”
    VOY “Macrocosm”
    VOY “Scientific Method”
    VOY “Bride of Chaotica!”
    VOY “Barge of the Dead”
    VOY “The Haunting of Deck Twelve”
    ENT “Vox Sola”
    ENT “Dead Stop”
    ENT “Extinction”
    ENT “Impulse”
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    The protomorphosis crew would be obvious existing options... possible new 4* releases of other proto crew? The clown would be good but I doubt they'd waive the voyage only tag. Those creepy things from the Schisms episode of TNG would be good too.

I love the idea of Halloween theme because after giving it some more thought I'm sure there's a ton more that would be good

I was just thinking Protomorphasis also. New additions being Riker and Troi. Could both be 4* with existing Worf and Barclay as the 5* in event to add stars for them, or Riker or Troi could be a 5* and throw in an existing creepy crew like Mothet Horta.
  • Options
    I forgot, but a couple years ago, I compiled a list of episodes to recommend to a friend who enjoys horror movies and was new to Trek. Here were my selections. They run the range from creature features to mad scientists to serial killers to haunted houses, etc.

TOS “Catspaw”
    TOS “Obsession”
    TOS “Wolf in the Fold”
    TOS “Whom Gods Destroy”
    TNG “Realm of Fear”
    TNG “Schisms”
    TNG “Frame of Mind”
    TNG “Phantasms”
    TNG “Genesis”
    DS9 “Necessary Evil”
    DS9 “Empok Nor”
    DS9 “The Reckoning”
    DS9 “Field of Fire”
    VOY “The Thaw”
    VOY “Macrocosm”
    VOY “Scientific Method”
    VOY “Bride of Chaotica!”
    VOY “Barge of the Dead”
    ENT “Vox Sola”
    ENT “Dead Stop”
    ENT “Extinction”
    ENT “Impulse”

Don’t forget VOY “The Haunting of Deck Twelve” and TNG “Night Terrors”
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I’d also Love to see Sylvia and Korob
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

TOS “Catspaw”
    TOS “Obsession”
    TOS “Wolf in the Fold”
    TOS “Whom Gods Destroy”
    TNG “Realm of Fear”
    TNG “Schisms”
    TNG “Frame of Mind”
    TNG “Phantasms”
    TNG “Genesis”
    DS9 “Necessary Evil”
    DS9 “Empok Nor”
    DS9 “The Reckoning”
    DS9 “Field of Fire”
    VOY “The Thaw”
    VOY “Macrocosm”
    VOY “Scientific Method”
    VOY “Bride of Chaotica!”
    VOY “Barge of the Dead”
    ENT “Vox Sola”
    ENT “Dead Stop”
    ENT “Extinction”
    ENT “Impulse”

Don’t forget VOY “The Haunting of Deck Twelve” and TNG “Night Terrors”

Good catches! Also realized I'd forgotten TNG "Conspiracy".
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of the horror of Star Trek, I just stumbled across this video — quite well-done, especially considering it's only got 500 views since it was published 5 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y1M81PHcYE

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful what you wish for. DBized Pumpkin Head Janeway might end up your mega event 5*. ;)

pdqchl9y8eje.png
  • Options

TOS “Catspaw”
    TOS “Obsession”
    TOS “Wolf in the Fold”
    TOS “Whom Gods Destroy”
    TNG “Conspiracy”
    TNG “Night Terrors”
    TNG “Realm of Fear”
    TNG “Schisms”
    TNG “Frame of Mind”
    TNG “Phantasms”
    TNG “Genesis”
    DS9 “Necessary Evil”
    DS9 “Empok Nor”
    DS9 “The Reckoning”
    DS9 “Field of Fire”
    VOY “The Thaw”
    VOY “Macrocosm”
    VOY “Scientific Method”
    VOY “Bride of Chaotica!”
    VOY “Barge of the Dead”
    ENT “Vox Sola”
    ENT “Dead Stop”
    ENT “Extinction”
    ENT “Impulse”

Hmmm...it has probably been suggested at least once by someone, but Garak from Empok Nor would be a fun card:

Psychotic Drugged Garak - 5*
    186d82a0abw5.jpeg

SEC/ENG/SCI
    Traits: Cardassian, Civilian, Undercover Operative, Hunter, Saboteur, Duelist, Resourceful
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, let's not forget perhaps the most famous Star Trek/Halloween tie-in of all time: the mask that Michael Myers wears in the Halloween films is a modified William Shatner mask.

aza5d5udg9vj.jpg

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

TOS “Catspaw”
    TOS “Obsession”
    TOS “Wolf in the Fold”
    TOS “Whom Gods Destroy”
    TNG “Conspiracy”
    TNG “Night Terrors”
    TNG “Realm of Fear”
    TNG “Schisms”
    TNG “Frame of Mind”
    TNG “Phantasms”
    TNG “Genesis”
    DS9 “Necessary Evil”
    DS9 “Empok Nor”
    DS9 “The Reckoning”
    DS9 “Field of Fire”
    VOY “The Thaw”
    VOY “Macrocosm”
    VOY “Scientific Method”
    VOY “Bride of Chaotica!”
    VOY “Barge of the Dead”
    ENT “Vox Sola”
    ENT “Dead Stop”
    ENT “Extinction”
    ENT “Impulse”

Hmmm...it has probably been suggested at least once by someone, but Garak from Empok Nor would be a fun card:

Psychotic Drugged Garak - 5*
    186d82a0abw5.jpeg

SEC/ENG/SCI
    Traits: Cardassian, Civilian, Undercover Operative, Hunter, Saboteur, Duelist, Resourceful

This gets @For Cardassia warm and tingly inside
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ljofa wrote: »

Love all of these EXCEPT we (sort of) have afterlife Q already in Florist Q
  • Options
    Careful what you wish for. DBized Pumpkin Head Janeway might end up your mega event 5*. ;)

Either that or Coffee Janeway could become Pumpkin Spice Latte Janeway.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    Maybe that will be the mega with the one character I so desperately want need.

Come on, DB. Give me some fine, sweet Neal McDonough lovin'.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn.