Home The Bridge
Options

Beginner's Guide

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
I want to write a guide for beginners. Why? Because from time to time there are new players in our fleets who are struggling with the game.
There isn't a proper Beginner's Guide which I could link them and then say to them please read this.

This is just a Guide you can play this game whatever you want.

Part 1 - Prioritizing your crew development

Some of us tried to develop 1/4 star or 1/5 star when we were new players and that is a big mistake and waste of resources. Even the fully fused super rare crew is a nightmare to train and equip when you are a new player and it doesn't provide anything useful at that stage.

Instead, learn at our mistakes and try to develop your 2* star crew and then 3* star crew.
Ignore every 4* or 5* at the beginning of your game. Why?

Because the most important thing for any new players are cadet missions and 2* are 3* crew are essential for them. That's where you will get the most of your chrons, some rare equipment, boosters and some training.

The recommended 2* crew for cadet missions are:

Command: Sito Dax/Ensing Ro Laren (and Archer for clearing all nodes)
Security: Worf and Kira/Tasha Yar
Dip: Leeta for clearing all nodes and Sato. Later Festive Dax could pass all mission
Med: Crusher/Phlox or Kes/Tom Paris
Eng: Seska/Naomi Wildman
Science: Ensing Melora/Festive Dax/T'Pol (Seven in Blue for clearing all nodes)

The recommended 3* crew for cadet missions are

Command: Savik
Security: Odo/Third Remata/Garak and Private S.Money for clearing all nodes. For passing missions Ezri Dax
Diplomacy: Senator Cretak/Lwaxana Troi
Med: Deanna Troi/Temporal Shift Kes
Eng: Maquis Torres
Science: Savik/T'Pol

When you can pass all cadet missions on epic then it's time for you to start developing your super rare or legendary crew

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good advice, but the problem is that the advice depends heavily on *how* people play. Still, over all good stuff.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cretak for DIP on weekend missions? I mean, I suppose. But Lwaxana is by far the best there, I think.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Cretak for DIP on weekend missions? I mean, I suppose. But Lwaxana is by far the best there, I think.

I never had Lwxana and Cretak clears all nodes but I've put her as an alternative.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hmm, i'm not sure but for farming and general leveling purposes, I think it is handy to have unlocked Episodes 1-3 to elite level and concentrating on crew that accomplish that - for that reason in the early days I found Winn Adami integral to my development and progression (and on a side note is just as useful for weekend challenges).

Sure you can refine this with the likes of Mara or Saavik, Lwaxana (and criting nodes) later game but if we are talking about helping absolute newbs (who will struggle to complete successfully challenges) then you have to think what will be best for them from the get-go.

This also means Wesley and Seven in Blue as well as Data are very useful early on on campaign missions.

On a side note regarding weekday challenges it might worth just focusing on a set of greens that will yield more trainers on Tuesday's Epic missions - might save a bit of honor splurging.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    There's a lot of good information here for new players. There are plenty of resources for cadet challenges and other crew management issues as well as general help. Just to supplement your advice.
    S31 wrote: »
    The recommended 3* crew for cadet missions are

Command: Savik
    Security: Odo/Third Remata/Garak and Private S.Money for clearing all nodes. For passing missions Ezri Dax
    Diplomacy: Senator Cretak/Lwaxana Troi
    Med: Deanna Troi/Temporal Shift Kes
    Eng: Maquis Torres
    Science: Savik/T'Pol

For COM, I think Lursa is the best, for MED, Selar is by far the best. Without a starbase upgrade, Deanna and Kes are possible fails. SCI is tricky because it's paired with ENG a lot. Lefler is best, but she's not alien and doesn't have ENG, so I go with the Holodeck 3 Brahms and Ensign Mendon combo. They can both clear all nodes with both SCI and ENG.

If anyone is interested you can find a direct link to my complete cadet lineup here.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options

Lwaxana only slightly beats Vedic Winn. Their stats are almost the same. Winn crits everything, too, and she was far easier for me to get. I didn't get a single copy of L. Troi until I had been playing 2 months; I had Winn on day 1.

Savik passes all command and science except one.
  • Options
    SST - 9of7SST - 9of7 ✭✭✭
    I honestly would advise new players not to follow your advise. Focusing on 2* and 3* crew is actually a waste of resources.
    Most important thing is to focus on a hand full of crew at a time and to develop them to 100 as fast as possible. Splitting resources and having several crew at 70 - 80 feels easier but slows you down eventually.

Cut down the 2* to the essentials dad, sito, worf, seska or Naomi, crusher/phlox. No need to crit epic just need to be able to reach it.

3* the same . Less is more. Also important for 3*: do not start to equip unless you are sure to keep the crew or have it FF.

Then after a handful of basic 2* and 3* start to focus on 4* (you want to keep) ASAP. Everything else: Airlock, it comes back eventually.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valid points from each of you, I will edit my post to include your thoughts as alternatives.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I would argue that for new players, focusing on specific crew is wrong in general, especially given the advent of achievements and collection rewards. I do agree that the early focus should be on levelling 1-3* crew though.

First of all, it all depends on what crew the players gets through the course of the game. Second, crew should not be developed with the intention of keeping them active, since it will take time just to progress along the normal-elite-epic levels of challenges and standard missions (and crew slots are limited).

What a player needs is a good succession plan, or depth chart. For instance, if you're levelling a 2* SCI female/alien, who do you have ready to fill that slot(s) once she's ready to be frozen? As crew are completed, you need to ensure that all skills and variations (ie: Starfleet, female, alien) are covered with crew in the pipeline.

This approach will enable a player to progress their crew as they progress through the missions, as they also start working on the achievements and collections right from the start (wish they had been around when I started), which is a great source of dilithium, honor, credits, etc...

I found myself leveling teams of crew at a time, and I continually mapped out who my next crew team would consist of. Once I figured it out, I found it to be a pretty efficient approach, especially as my crew kept filling up with more non-fused/unlevelled 3* and 4* characters.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Play Dabo every day for the 5000 credit spin. After 2-3 weeks new players should have enough schematics for a 5* ship. Use this for ship battles, admiral division and voyages. Even with a poor crew, a new player should be able to hit the 2-hour dilemma.

2) Once you have the crew, do voyages constantly for equipment, crew and chrons. A new player hitting the two hour mark should get 60 about chrons every voyage.

3) Join a Fleet. Get up to 570 honour and 100 chrons a day.
    SST - 9of7 wrote: »
    I honestly would advise new players not to follow your advise. Focusing on 2* and 3* crew is actually a waste of resources.
    Most important thing is to focus on a hand full of crew at a time and to develop them to 100 as fast as possible. Splitting resources and having several crew at 70 - 80 feels easier but slows you down eventually.

I agree with this. I would go one step further, after a couple of weeks a new player should be able to do reasonably well in galaxy events. They should be able to get 3/4 or 4/4 of the 4* threshold crew, plus some nice gear for it. Concentrate on that crew member.

If a player starts just before a mega, consider concentrating on the recurring 5*. They will probably hit a wall, but it will be a strong crew member.
  • Options
    1) Play Dabo every day for the 5000 credit spin. After 2-3 weeks new players should have enough schematics for a 5* ship. Use this for ship battles, admiral division and voyages. Even with a poor crew, a new player should be able to hit the 2-hour dilemma.

I started a VIP0 account about a week ago, and I received I.S.S. Enterprise schematics twice so far, so I was able to build that ship today. Already I've been able to 3* multiple missions I couldn't before with my starter ship as well as make it to my first dilemma. Having good crew is important, but at least one good ship is essential.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this spun off the rails quickly, lol. It's true though — it's hard to get a "definitive" strategy guide for newbies, because many people have different methodologies.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this spun off the rails quickly, lol. It's true though — it's hard to get a "definitive" strategy guide for newbies, because many people have different methodologies.

So true. There is no end game win here. It’s all about how you enjoy it so focus on how to play that best allows you to enjoy yourself

• Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I think we also have to consider the OP only discussed a small portion of the game and long term benefits. This is important for knowing which characters to develop first for Cadet missions but you can also break down each part of the game with advice for new players and a couple of different approaches to suit styles. This would also be great for new player.
  • Options

Yeah this is gonna get nowhere. My best advice to people is to play for awhile, and see what works best for you. Use the sticky posts in the "The Bridge" and "Ready Room" to help you along. When in doubt, ask @Data1001 for assistance. Even if you don't agree with his method, his response is at least guaranteed to be amusing and pure entertainment.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah this is gonna get nowhere. My best advice to people is to play for awhile, and see what works best for you. Use the sticky posts in the "The Bridge" and "Ready Room" to help you along. When in doubt, ask @Data1001 for assistance. Even if you don't agree with his method, his response is at least guaranteed to be amusing and pure entertainment.

Data is the best contributor here. He will help you out if you’ve been here for years or days. Truly a good guy

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in doubt, ask Data1001 for assistance. Even if you don't agree with his method, his response is at least guaranteed to be amusing and pure entertainment.

QyRCZ87.gif

• Options
    When in doubt, ask Data1001 for assistance. Even if you don't agree with his method, his response is at least guaranteed to be amusing and pure entertainment.

QyRCZ87.gif

The government rests, your honor.

• Options
    I can't post a new thread yet so hoping to get some help here.

Been playing the game for a few days now. I'm level 9 Captain so still haven't unlocked cadet missions etc. Got 2 shuttles I send out.
    I am currently struggling with Episode 2 to get the rare rewards and even get a successful result and can only get to the 1 hour mark with Voyages. I'm not sure which crew are worth spending time with and which are not. I've replayed some missions to get the rewards for crew.

I managed to get schematics for the Suurok Class Combat Cruiser (2*) today so now using that for voyages but still around the 1 hour mark.

Do I ignore all the 1 star crew and focus on 2* for now until they're levelled and then 3* or ?? If a box lights up for equipping I've just been equipping the items, without focusing on what's best unfortunately.

Can anyone advise? Thanks very much!

3* but all level 1
    Ensign Crusher
    Hugh
    Keevan
    Commando Crusher
    Security Chief Tuvok
    Expedition Shran

2*
    Enterprise D Picard 1 star
    Seven in Blue 2 stars
    CMO Crusher 1 star
    Ensign Pazlar 1 star
    Lt Commander Data 1 star
    Recovering Spock 1 star
    Security Chief Worf 2 star
    Section 31 Reed 2 star
    Lt Naomi Wildman 1 star
    Security Chief Worf 1 star
    Telek R'Mor 1 star

1*
    Bartender Quark
    Ensign Tuvok
    Teenager Nog
    Commander Spock
    Maquis Chakotay
    Lt Sulu
    Will Riker
    Botanist Keiko

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Captain JM wrote: »

Been playing the game for a few days now. I'm level 9 Captain so still haven't unlocked cadet missions etc. Got 2 shuttles I send out.
    I am currently struggling with Episode 2 to get the rare rewards and even get a successful result and can only get to the 1 hour mark with Voyages. I'm not sure which crew are worth spending time with and which are not. I've replayed some missions to get the rewards for crew.

I managed to get schematics for the Suurok Class Combat Cruiser (2*) today so now using that for voyages but still around the 1 hour mark.

Do I ignore all the 1 star crew and focus on 2* for now until they're levelled and then 3* or ?? If a box lights up for equipping I've just been equipping the items, without focusing on what's best unfortunately.

3* but all level 1
    Ensign Crusher
    Hugh
    Keevan
    Commando Crusher
    Security Chief Tuvok
    Expedition Shran

2*
    Seven in Blue 2 stars
    CMO Crusher 1 star
    Ensign Pazlar 1 star
    Lt Commander Data 1 star
    Recovering Spock 1 star
    Section 31 Reed 2 star
    Lt Naomi Wildman 1 star
    Telek R'Mor 1 star

1*
    Bartender Quark
    Ensign Tuvok
    Teenager Nog
    Commander Spock
    Maquis Chakotay
    Lt Sulu
    Will Riker
    Botanist Keiko

Part of your question depends on how many crew slots you have. What I mean is, if you're able to immortalize 1* crew, you can unlock rewards such as dilithium via the personal achievements. However, if you are tight for space and/or want to focus on missions (both episodes and daily challenges), you'd be better to focus on a few key 2* and 3*, then worry about the 1* later on (probably do 2* first, since they are easier and cover 5 of 7 days).

For the 2* and 3* crew, it's all about covering each skill with the fewest number of crew possible, to minimize the amount of levelling required at any given time. It's also good to have a succession plan, so once you immortalize (and potentially freeze in the vault to free up crew slots) a particular skill, you have another crew member to level up and take their place.

Looking at your 2* crew, I'd focus on the following:
    - Pazlar (covers SCI and some CMD all 5 days)
    - Wildman (covers ENG and some DIP all 5 days)
    - Worf (covers SEC and some CMD for 4 days)
    - Crusher (covers MED for 4 days)

Persis is a good crew to get (covers SEC on the day Worf doesn't), and can be selected as a reward when you clear Episode 1.

As a general suggestion, make the STT wiki your friend. It was highly valuable for me during my first several months. Between the wiki and these forums, there is a lot of insight to help with crew prioritizing and planning for missions (and everything else you'll encounter as you level up).

Since you're so early in the game, for 3* crew you might want to just level up enough crew to even complete just 1 mission each day, so you at least get some equipment and the daily rewards. This is a game that favors a methodical approach, rather than a quick and scattered approach, IMO.
  • Options

3* but all level 1
    Ensign Crusher
    Hugh
    Keevan
    Commando Crusher
    Security Chief Tuvok
    Expedition Shran

2*
    Seven in Blue 2 stars
    CMO Crusher 1 star
    Ensign Pazlar 1 star
    Lt Commander Data 1 star
    Recovering Spock 1 star
    Section 31 Reed 2 star
    Lt Naomi Wildman 1 star
    Telek R'Mor 1 star

1*
    Bartender Quark
    Ensign Tuvok
    Teenager Nog
    Commander Spock
    Maquis Chakotay
    Lt Sulu
    Will Riker
    Botanist Keiko

I am copying what I posted on a different thread:

"I also advise dumping all your gray, 1* crew; as needed. Don't dump them at once if any are being used, but don't add anything to them unless they are REALLY high level; then you can immortalize them for the dilithium. But seriously, they are not worth it. Once you get going, you can easily get them all again and immortalize them.

Different people have different preferences for the green, 2* crew. Here are 9 to keep for a well-rounded crew that can handle ANY cadet mission. (They cannot crit every mission, for that you'll need a few others, but that will come in time.) Many here will tell you that you can do with fewer cadet crew; and you can. But at the start, I suggest a full compliment. Festive Jadzia Dax, Lt Naomi Wildman, Ensign Sato, Dr Phlox, CMO Crusher, Cadet Sito Jaxa, Gaia Odo, First Maje Haron (or Worf), and Lt Tasha Yar. Focus on them and spend no resources on others until you have them (or a crew similar). Any other 2* can be immortalized and frozen or just plain gotten rid of until you are ready to have space and resources for them.

The same basic info applies to the 3* crew, but there are more combinations that work and they are not as easy to fully fuse. You can do cadet missions with fewer, but for a well rounded crew who can pass everything focus on the female aliens. I use Doctor Selar, Lieutenant Saavik, Maquis Takeover Torres, Lwaxana Troi (almost identical to Vedek Winn Adami who I used for the first 3 months), and Sniper Ezri Dax (Private Money and whatever male alien security you like work just as well; and I used that combination for 5 months).

Keep any 4 or 5 * crew you get from events.

****SAVE ALL your premium portal pulls for now. You don't have space for them until you can level up your needed cadets and dump/freeze the others.

It is a slow process, but works."

I would add this time that you should focus on one or two crew st a time.

For you, specifically, I would add that the 3* Crusher/Hugh combo on my 2 star Maquis ship got me very far in the arena. I eventually froze them since they are males and not the best for cadet crew.

Save premium pulls, but focus on as many 4 and 5 star crew as you get from events.

Remember that the process may seem slow, but before you know it, you'll be breezing through it all.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Part of your question depends on how many crew slots you have. What I mean is, if you're able to immortalize 1* crew, you can unlock rewards such as dilithium via the personal achievements. However, if you are tight for space and/or want to focus on missions (both episodes and daily challenges), you'd be better to focus on a few key 2* and 3*, then worry about the 1* later on (probably do 2* first, since they are easier and cover 5 of 7 days).

For the 2* and 3* crew, it's all about covering each skill with the fewest number of crew possible, to minimize the amount of levelling required at any given time. It's also good to have a succession plan, so once you immortalize (and potentially freeze in the vault to free up crew slots) a particular skill, you have another crew member to level up and take their place.

Looking at your 2* crew, I'd focus on the following:
    - Pazlar (covers SCI and some CMD all 5 days)
    - Wildman (covers ENG and some DIP all 5 days)
    - Worf (covers SEC and some CMD for 4 days)
    - Crusher (covers MED for 4 days)

Persis is a good crew to get (covers SEC on the day Worf doesn't), and can be selected as a reward when you clear Episode 1.

As a general suggestion, make the STT wiki your friend. It was highly valuable for me during my first several months. Between the wiki and these forums, there is a lot of insight to help with crew prioritizing and planning for missions (and everything else you'll encounter as you level up).

Since you're so early in the game, for 3* crew you might want to just level up enough crew to even complete just 1 mission each day, so you at least get some equipment and the daily rewards. This is a game that favors a methodical approach, rather than a quick and scattered approach, IMO.

Thanks very much. I have been working through the wiki and will work my way through it.

I will try and work on those crew you suggested.

I think I chose Worf for the end of Episode 1 so guess I missed that one.

• Options
    ****SAVE ALL your premium portal pulls for now. You don't have space for them until you can level up your needed cadets and dump/freeze the others.

For you, specifically, I would add that the 3* Crusher/Hugh combo on my 2 star Maquis ship got me very far in the arena. I eventually froze them since they are males and not the best for cadet crew.

Save premium pulls, but focus on as many 4 and 5 star crew as you get from events.

Remember that the process may seem slow, but before you know it, you'll be breezing through it all.

Good luck.

I'm slightly unclear why I don't have space for premium portal pulls? When do I save them for?
    And to clarify do you mean the ones you get for logging in every day?

Thanks very much
  • Options

Good luck.

I'm slightly unclear why I don't have space for premium portal pulls? When do I save them for?
    And to clarify do you mean the ones you get for logging in every day?

Thanks very much

Crew space is limited. If you fill it with 4 and 5 star crew before you are ready to equip and fuse them, you won't have space for the lower crew. And remember that in a very short time you will get one or two crew each week from events, even if you can't do well in the event and only get them at 1/4. Those crew add up very quickly and unless you pay a lot for crew spots, you won't have any left.

Build up your cadets and those you get from events. Once you have a solid foundation, you will be able to open lots of pulls. I have not yet had to get rid of a 4* crew except for duplicate crew. I have immortalized all 1*, 2*, and 3* crew.

These are my suggestions.
  • Options
    Crew space is limited. If you fill it with 4 and 5 star crew before you are ready to equip and fuse them, you won't have space for the lower crew. And remember that in a very short time you will get one or two crew each week from events, even if you can't do well in the event and only get them at 1/4. Those crew add up very quickly and unless you pay a lot for crew spots, you won't have any left.

Build up your cadets and those you get from events. Once you have a solid foundation, you will be able to open lots of pulls. I have not yet had to get rid of a 4* crew except for duplicate crew. I have immortalized all 1*, 2*, and 3* crew.

These are my suggestions.

Thanks! It seems fine at the start when I have 25/70 but not been able to do any events yet so didn't realise you got so many crew from them.

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

3* but all level 1
    Ensign Crusher
    Hugh
    Keevan
    Commando Crusher
    Security Chief Tuvok
    Expedition Shran

2*
    Seven in Blue 2 stars
    CMO Crusher 1 star
    Ensign Pazlar 1 star
    Lt Commander Data 1 star
    Recovering Spock 1 star
    Section 31 Reed 2 star
    Lt Naomi Wildman 1 star
    Telek R'Mor 1 star

1*
    Bartender Quark
    Ensign Tuvok
    Teenager Nog
    Commander Spock
    Maquis Chakotay
    Lt Sulu
    Will Riker
    Botanist Keiko

For the rare crew (potential for up to three stars) -- none of those are outstanding, although I remember Commando Crusher being helpful for me as an early player. What you really want are female aliens at that level of rarity. The ones I still use every day: Lt. Saavik, Deanna Troi, Maquis Torres, Lwaxana Troi, Expedition Vash/Commander Kang. Some folks also really like using the Duras Sisters -- Lursa and B'Etor. Depending on if you can make a dent in this weekend's event, you might be able to win a copy of Lwaxana.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a VIP0 account earlier this year (for *fun*), and I noticed a lot of differences from when I started my main account (now VIP14) a couple years ago.

First, I agree with the limited crew slots, 1* crew are OUT. You can always go back later and get them 1 or 2 at a time when you have resources to level them quickly to vault.

I got the HMS Bounty Schems almost immediately when I hit Captain level 10, and enough so with Dabo & portal pulls to get it to level 5 quickly. That takes care of about 3/4 space battles in the Episodes right there.

I have a bunch of 4* crew already, but only 1 immortal and the rest at various stages. I am at a crossroads to start dumping the lower level ones to make room for other better or more productive crew (whether 5* or 2*/3*). I was lucky enough to have started it when I did, so I have 85 crew slots courtesy of the freebies given by DB. Still never enough...

With Voyages and randomly participating in Events about once a month, crew decisions get harder and more frequent.

Advice to newbies: Stick to a plan, even if you have to airlock 4* & 5* crew when you get them, as time goes on you can get them back when you are able to.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    If you are not opposed to paying, I reccomend the monthly card. I sometimes regret other purchases I made, but not the monthly card.

I strongly recommend saving all dilithium for shuttles until you have 4. I managed that before I bought a monthly card after 3 months. I suggest the next saving dilithium for crew spots.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If you are not opposed to paying, I reccomend the monthly card. I sometimes regret other purchases I made, but not the monthly card.

I strongly recommend saving all dilithium for shuttles until you have 4. I managed that before I bought a monthly card after 3 months. I suggest the next saving dilithium for crew spots.

I would highly recommend this. I was talking to some new fleetmates and suggested even doing a single monthly card (3,000 dilithium):
    - 3rd shuttle (750 dilithium)
    - 15 extra crew slots (2,100 dilithium), after using credits to get 10 extra slots (for 95 total slots)
    - 150 dil to extend a voyage or two, or stockpile as you await various achievement awards

If you can afford a second monthly card, spend the 2,500 dilithium to get the 4th shuttle!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

3* but all level 1
    Ensign Crusher
    Hugh
    Keevan
    Commando Crusher
    Security Chief Tuvok
    Expedition Shran

2*
    Seven in Blue 2 stars
    CMO Crusher 1 star
    Ensign Pazlar 1 star
    Lt Commander Data 1 star
    Recovering Spock 1 star
    Section 31 Reed 2 star
    Lt Naomi Wildman 1 star
    Telek R'Mor 1 star

1) Play Dabo every day, it will get you a 5* ship in a couple of weeks.

2) Concentrate on three 2* Star Fleet crew. they will help you earn chronitons on Mon/Wed/Fri.
    Do the daily cadet challenges every day, that will earn you 50 chrons for 5 attempts. You do not need to win, just finish, so just throw the crew you need at them. You will need another 3* female for the weekend.

3) Ignore this weekends event, it is not worth bothering about, and will be a waste of time.

4) Next weekend (2 August) is the start of a mega event, and first week is a galaxy event. Once this starts, concentrate on the galaxy rewards, There will be a 5* crew member, aim to get him then bail out. This will be your strongest crew member for a long time. Even if you don't level him much, he will be good. There will be more copies of him for the next three weeks so you can 4/5 him.

5) Telek R'Mor, is not worth the effort at your stage, if you need space, airlock him.

6) Do not airlock Security Chief Tuvok, 3* Neelix, or either of the 3* Duras sisters.