Ensign Pazlar 1 star
    Lt Commander Data 1 star
    Recovering Spock 1 star
    Security Chief Worf 2 star
    Section 31 Reed 2 star
    Lt Naomi Wildman 1 star
    Security Chief Worf 1 star
    Telek R'Mor 1 star

6) Do not airlock Security Chief Tuvok, 3* Neelix, or either of the 3* Duras sisters.

You can fuse those into more powerful crew. Do a search on the forums for Duras Sisters, Tuvux, and fuse. There are plenty of good instructions out there.

I personally wouldn't advise intentionally skipping this weekend event, but I would advise against undue use of resources for it. You have 2 shuttles and a new crew; you won't do well. Don't worry. Do what you can, but don't use resources. Save them for later events where you can benefit. You should do well enough for whoever is the two star crew this week and get resources for that crew.
  • Options
    Captain JMCaptain JM ✭✭
    edited July 2018

For the rare crew (potential for up to three stars) -- none of those are outstanding, although I remember Commando Crusher being helpful for me as an early player. What you really want are female aliens at that level of rarity. The ones I still use every day: Lt. Saavik, Deanna Troi, Maquis Torres, Lwaxana Troi, Expedition Vash/Commander Kang. Some folks also really like using the Duras Sisters -- Lursa and B'Etor. Depending on if you can make a dent in this weekend's event, you might be able to win a copy of Lwaxana.

Thanks Matt. I'm not actually far off getting Festive Lwaxana - she's my next event prize so hopefully I can get there. Not too far off.

Yeah, Chrusher is only really good for medical stuff, I've realised, not so useful all round so I'll hopefully get some of the others you mentioned soon. I'm rubbish at the events with the crew I've got at the moment. Can't get past the first stage really.

Edit: Got Festive Lwaxana
  • Options
    Captain JMCaptain JM ✭✭
    edited July 2018

1) Play Dabo every day, it will get you a 5* ship in a couple of weeks.

2) Concentrate on three 2* Star Fleet crew. they will help you earn chronitons on Mon/Wed/Fri.
    Do the daily cadet challenges every day, that will earn you 50 chrons for 5 attempts. You do not need to win, just finish, so just throw the crew you need at them. You will need another 3* female for the weekend.

3) Ignore this weekends event, it is not worth bothering about, and will be a waste of time.

4) Next weekend (2 August) is the start of a mega event, and first week is a galaxy event. Once this starts, concentrate on the galaxy rewards, There will be a 5* crew member, aim to get him then bail out. This will be your strongest crew member for a long time. Even if you don't level him much, he will be good. There will be more copies of him for the next three weeks so you can 4/5 him.

5) Telek R'Mor, is not worth the effort at your stage, if you need space, airlock him.

6) Do not airlock Security Chief Tuvok, 3* Neelix, or either of the 3* Duras sisters.

Thanks! I'm really struggling with the daily cadet challenges. Most of the time I can't get past the first stage - I just don't seem to have either the crew or high enough level of the right crew to get success overall.

I am taking part in the event as it's my first one, I joined a fleet and have Picard which helps boost. I'm almost at getting Festive Lwaxana so that should be a good bonus if I can get the few extra points required.

I have managed to level Picard up to 2 star which is good but still working on the others. Obviously need second copies of a lot of them.

Noted on crew not to airlock and Telek R'Mor - though I just got a second copy of him!

• Options
    Thanks all for your help. Really useful. Managed to get USS Voyager which has really helped in space battles. Didn't realise how rubbish the first starter ship was until I got Voyager!
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could freely airlock Festive Lwaxana.

She has 3 problems for you

1. She is extremely weak
    2. She has only two skills
    3. You can't FF as a new player unless you will spend some cash. Actually even getting her 3* star as a new player is ridiculously hard.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    S31 wrote: »
    You could freely airlock Festive Lwaxana.

She has 3 problems for you

1. She is extremely weak
    2. She has only two skills
    3. You can't FF as a new player unless you will spend some cash. Actually even getting her 3* star as a new player is ridiculously hard.

I fully agree. I would advise any newer player to dismiss Festive Lwaxana. As stated above, she will not be very helpful due to her weak skills, and on top of that you'll have to suffer with her being 2/4 or 3/4 for a long time. All that time she'll just be taking up a valuable crew slot that you'd be much better off giving to someone better. For newer players, she's just not worth hanging on to.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't advise a newer player to waste resources on Tuvix or the Duras Sisters. They aren't very good any more due to power creep and will likely go right into cryo. Save them until you can handle a long-term side project.

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't advise a newer player to waste resources on Tuvix or the Duras Sisters. They aren't very good any more due to power creep and will likely go right into cryo. Save them until you can handle a long-term side project.

I don't know. The Duras Sisters are great in the arena.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know. The Duras Sisters are great in the arena.

They can be handy... not absolutely essential, but handy, with that 20 second attack. But my main caveat for newer players not bothering trying to "craft" them is that doing so requires as many as 4 extra slots at a time, being used up by non-active crew (that is, you could have 2 B'Etors and 2 Lursas before you're able to fuse them). Unless said newer player is spending a lot of money and buying up crew slots like mad, it's just a better idea, imo, to wait to do that until you don't have to worry about keeping a lot of the new crew that you acquire (ones who would actually provide some use to you while they're sitting on a slot).

• Options
    Okay on Festive Lwaxana. It seems the hardest part of the game is knowing which crew are decent and worth trying to get or keep.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain JM wrote: »
    Okay on Festive Lwaxana. It seems the hardest part of the game is knowing which crew are decent and worth trying to get or keep.

You'll quickly get the hang of that. Once you've got a number of truly good crew in your roster, you'll know just from looking at new crew's stats (and, occasionally, traits) whether or not they're someone you want to keep. The wiki and this forum, of course, are both extremely helpful in that regard. But then there are also times when you just want to add a crew member because you like them, even if you know they're not going to be used much (if at all). :)

• Options
    I partially agree with you.
    It's important to have a good 2*/3* base crew to acomplish most/all the possible cadet missions but, the game right now is quite different with what it was 2 1/2 years ago when I started playing in several aspects:
    1) There were no daily replications, that makes life really much easier than it used to be, when we depended on items coming from faction missions, now you can replicate them easily
    2) There were no voyages, and today they make the difference on the game, a correctly balanced crew in skills and rarity, mostly Super Rare and Legendary crew, provides the best possible Voyeges and the Voyages provides, a nice Chroniton's stock, Replicator Rations, Honor, Crew (occasionally useful, but if not it becomes Honor!) and a whole bunch of useful items!
    3) Events, when I started events just didn't exist, when they started it was one every month, then one every 15 days, now it's one every week, and we have Mega events every 3 months, so here you have the possiblity to obtain Super Rare and even Legendary crew, but if you want to compete you should have a decent Super Rare crew base.
    4) There was no Gauntlet, there you can get extra Training Programs mostrly 3*, occasionally 4* and rarely 5*
    5) Failed Shuttles (Mission Accomplished ones right now), provide nowadays Training Programs and Faction items.
    6) There were no collections, now we have collections and a means of obtaining extra prizes
    7) There were no achievements, if we wanted the 3rd and 4th shuttle bay we should buy dilithium, today Dilithium can be obtained via Inmortalizing crew, and so there comes the shuttle bays.
    8) Back on those days we didn't have the Cryostasis Vault, so you should be very careful who to keep and who to airlock, Now you finish any crewman and decide if you freeze him or not.

My advise: event crew is priority one then 2* and 3* to play Cadet Missions and/or freeze, then 1* to complete collections.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    3) Events, when I started events just didn't exist, when they started it was one every month, then one every 15 days, now it's one every week, and we have Mega events every 3 months, so here you have the possiblity to obtain Super Rare and even Legendary crew, but if you want to compete you should have a decent Super Rare crew base.

This summer it's a Mega-event every other month! At this rate it will be All Mega, All the Time! ™

• Options
    At the end of Episode 2 which is the most useful choice? I found one post but there were pros and cons to Winn and B'Ellana. Don't want to make the wrong choice.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of Episode 2 which is the most useful choice? I found one post but there were pros and cons to Winn and B'Ellana. Don't want to make the wrong choice.

If you don't have 3* Lwaxana Troi, go for Winn. Those two are almost the same (Troi is slightly better stats). They are good female aliens for the weekend cadet missions for diplomacy.

For B'Ellana are you talking about Maquis Takeover Torres? She is the perfect crew for weekend engineering, but I personally don't use her much since she isn't needed for the mission I usually do on the weekends. However, I keep her on active duty.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

So, my recommendation to get Lwaxana Troi was for the 3* version of her, which was a ranked reward in this last weekend event, not the 4* version that was in the threshold rewards. That 3* version is very useful on the weekend cadet challenges as she has a strong diplomacy stat and very useful traits that give her a bonus.

@DavideBooks is right that I you don't have her, Vedek Winn is a good substitute to have in your crew who accomplishes the same needs.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

If you don't have 3* Lwaxana Troi, go for Winn. Those two are almost the same (Troi is slightly better stats). They are good female aliens for the weekend cadet missions for diplomacy.

For B'Ellana are you talking about Maquis Takeover Torres? She is the perfect crew for weekend engineering, but I personally don't use her much since she isn't needed for the mission I usually do on the weekends. However, I keep her on active duty.

I got the 4* version of Lwaxana in the event. It's the Maquis Torres.
    I forgot that there's also Klingon Dukat but I've already got him.

I got this off the old forum:

The options are:
    1) Vedek Winn Adami - 39 DIP, 32 COM
    2) Maquis Takeover Torres - 34 ENG, 28 SEC, 16 COM
    3) Klingon Dukat - 43 COM, 31 DIP, 16 SEC